• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lespaul

Jan 4, 2014
    Hey soi just joined to ask this and have not seen this answered yet. I plan to move to md soon and have some rifles on the now banned list. Problem isi received them as a pa resident with no paperwork. I cannot price that they were acquired before October 1st. Would I be allowed to bring them in and register them?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And Howdy. Join the fight.

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 513

lespaul

Jan 4, 2014
    I did but have no proof. Do I just say I purchased them privately in 2011 or whatever year I bought them in?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I did but have no proof. Do I just say I purchased them privately in 2011 or whatever year I bought them in?

Here is a copy of what you have to fill out, no where is there a requirement to who what you paid or when.

Attachments

• 157077352-MSP-77D-Mandatory-Registration-updated-7-22-13.pdf
      91.1 KB · Views: 188

lespaul

Jan 4, 2014
    Thank you for the information. I could live in pa in the middle of nowhere with no friends or family. Or I could live just as close to my job in md and be very close to family and friends and places to do things. I've pretty much made up my mind. Guns aren't enough to keep me here.

malone630

May 1, 2010
    middle river
    probaly lots of questions being asked but on list it only say ak47 in all forms does this include the ak74 in 5.45 this is not listed on site. any help would be greatful

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    probaly lots of questions being asked but on list it only say ak47 in all forms does this include the ak74 in 5.45 this is not listed on site. any help would be greatful
    (xxvii) Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    I thought Maryland SB 281 states that all semi automatic shotguns with a detatchable magazine are banned ?

The provisions of SB 281/Chapter 427 that pertain directly to shotguns are accurately summarized in paragraph 6 of the Original Post. Any shotgun with a "revolving cylinder" is banned. In addition, a semiautomatic shotgun will be banned as an assault/"copycat" weapon if it has a folding stock. (Note that the Maryland State Police say that a "collapsible stock" is not a "folding stock.")

Detachable magazines for shotguns are subject to the same restrictions as detachable magazines for rifles or handguns -- basically no transfers of 10-plus magazines within Maryland. The fact that a given model of shotgun could accept a detachable magazine in excess of the limit does not mean that the shotgun is banned.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Hey soi just joined to ask this and have not seen this answered yet. I plan to move to md soon and have some rifles on the now banned list. Problem isi received them as a pa resident with no paperwork. I cannot price that they were acquired before October 1st. Would I be allowed to bring them in and register them?

Banned as Assault Long Guns or Copycat Weapons?

A person moving into the state must register regulated firearms. Regulated firearms are Handguns and Assault Long Guns only. There is no requirement to register firearms possessed before 10/1/2013 that fail the copycat tests.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Hey, what ever happened to the wait til it passes to fight it people here.

Where is the NRA. No where.

So where is this at.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Hey, what ever happened to the wait til it passes to fight it people here.

Where is the NRA. No where.

So where is this at.

the next hearing on the nra funded lawsuit, kolbe v o'malley, challenging the awb and magazine ban is july 22nd. the plaintifs are msi, mdlfda, mspra, private citizens and several other orgs. the lawsuit over the hql is stalled until the first lawsuit is litigated.

it has its own thread... and there have been several bombshell filings in the case. the retired capt of the msp licensing division testifying under oath that he wasnt allowed to answer questions, the state's expert daniel webster has no expertise, and the man his research is based off of has no expertise or original research of his own. the state has lost its official record of testimoney ect ect.

nlevine1988

Aug 12, 2014
    question from a DE resident

So I have an oddly specific question. Well actually two questions

I am a Delaware resident. I purchased a stripped lower prior to the deadline (just barely). The rifle was not finished until after the dead line. The rifle has all kinds of scary features. Is my rifle grandfathered?

The second part is kind of contingent on the first part. I often go to a range in maryland. If my rifle is considered grandfathered I should be able to go to a range in maryland and be ok, correct?

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    So I have an oddly specific question. Well actually two questions

I am a Delaware resident. I purchased a stripped lower prior to the deadline (just barely). The rifle was not finished until after the dead line. The rifle has all kinds of scary features. Is my rifle grandfathered?

The second part is kind of contingent on the first part. I often go to a range in maryland. If my rifle is considered grandfathered I should be able to go to a range in maryland and be ok, correct?

1. Yes. You are fine.
    2. There are no restrictions on taking a rifle to a range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom