• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    I was at the gun shack in mt airy yesterday and they do have ammo...

it ain't cheap though.

I decided to not get any and wait until all this craziness passes.

what i remember is

$8.45 per box of 50 .22
    ~$45 for a larger box of .22

The brand was some cheep stuff that i haven't seen before and don't remember

:crazy:

I think im just going to take my gun, sit on my back porch and yell BANG! BANG! BANG! until things get back to normal. :gun2:

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    This current situation is insane. I just renewed my gun club membership, but don't know when I will expend good ammo that is hard to find and way to pricey to replace.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Tell me about it

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      126.9 KB · Views: 521

Deer Slayer!!!

Mar 12, 2013
    Carroll County
    Well, there is a "premium" to pay for ammo on hand. When you factor in the time and gas running around looking for it I bet their prices are below I could find elsewhere.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I was at the gun shack in mt airy yesterday and they do have ammo...

it ain't cheap though.

I decided to not get any and wait until all this craziness passes.

what i remember is

$8.45 per box of 50 .22
    ~$45 for a larger box of .22

The brand was some cheep stuff that i haven't seen before and don't remember

:crazy:

I think im just going to take my gun, sit on my back porch and yell BANG! BANG! BANG! until things get back to normal. :gun2:

$8.45 per 50 rd box or .22LR???:shocked3: Are you friggin' kidding??? :sad20:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    $45 is not terrible for the 375 box of CCI .22 in this market. Dudes were selling them like hot cakes for $65 at the HoCo show. I know it's outrageous relative to a few months ago, but supply and demand is a beach sometimes.

The reason I'd never buy from GS is that their policy on regulated firearms is that you pay in full in advance but if the transfer is not approved (really not not disapproved lol) then you get no refund. I can understand a 25% restocking fee since they have time into it, but their policy seems like theft to me. I've never been disapproved or anything but that policy rubs me the wrong way nevertheless.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    $45 is not terrible for the 375 box of CCI .22 in this market. Dudes were selling them like hot cakes for $65 at the HoCo show. I know it's outrageous relative to a few months ago, but supply and demand is a beach sometimes.

The reason I'd never buy from GS is that their policy on regulated firearms is that you pay in full in advance but if the transfer is not approved (really not not disapproved lol) then you get no refund. I can understand a 25% restocking fee since they have time into it, but their policy seems like theft to me. I've never been disapproved or anything but that policy rubs me the wrong way nevertheless.

If you don't get "not disapproved" because of a mistake on MSP's part, do you get time to fix that, or do you lose 100% of your money right away? I'd never do this kind of deal, but I am curious. In another recent thread, someone said that Gun Center in Frederick instituted the same no refund policy.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    $8.45 per 50 rd box or .22LR???:shocked3: Are you friggin' kidding??? :sad20:

The only time the gun shack is on my radar screen is when I am on my way to the shop that is about 5 seconds down the road that has reasonable prices.

Do you know if that other shop has any shotguns in stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom