• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    20231119_131122.jpg

Some different rifles putting in work. (These belong to students.

20230917_155802.jpg

One of mine.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Very nice. Always like seeing some different and interesting rigs. Speaking of which, I used to always enjoy seeing the various cool rifles posted by AJViera. Haven’t seen his posts in a year or two, is he still around?
    Never met aj out in meatspace. Liked looking at the rigs, too, because I'm a rifle junkie. Don't think he got banned, at least nobody said anything about it. If you like drooling on rifles, you need to start shooting some precision rifle matches. Or at least hitting some classes/practice days. It's a blast. Pun intended.
    Hell yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just for you, this is a Tikka (started life as a T3 tactical) in 308 with a krieger barrel. Sits in an xlr element chassis.
    IMG_20211204_074045958.jpg

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Never met aj out in meatspace. Liked looking at the rigs, too, because I'm a rifle junkie. Don't think he got banned, at least nobody said anything about it. If you like drooling on rifles, you need to start shooting some precision rifle matches. Or at least hitting some classes/practice days. It's a blast. Pun intended.

Just for you, this is a Tikka (started life as a T3 tactical) in 308 with a krieger barrel. Sits in an xlr element chassis. View attachment 456713
    Gotta force myself back out to Peacemaker thus summer for some Long Range Challenges. I haven’t been since July 2022. Been hard finding time, plus it’s 2-1/2 hrs from home. Last one I shot there was way too many people and it was not much fun (other than the two guys that finished 1 & 2 shot in my squad - great guys and great shooters), that and it was unbelievably hot and humid. I've been wanting to attend some of the Frontier practice Days but that just seems like it would be even more crowded and hectic. I’ll definitely get out this summer sometime though, it’s too much fun not to.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Gotta force myself back out to Peacemaker thus summer for some Long Range Challenges. I haven’t been since July 2022. Been hard finding time, plus it’s 2-1/2 hrs from home. Last one I shot there was way too many people and it was not much fun (other than the two guys that finished 1 & 2 shot in my squad - great guys and great shooters), that and it was unbelievably hot and humid. I've been wanting to attend some of the Frontier practice Days but that just seems like it would be even more crowded and hectic. I’ll definitely get out this summer sometime though, it’s too much fun not to.
    If you think that's busy, you should see a pro series prs match. That's packed. I actually like shooting in the cold better. Usually fewer people and my gun stays cooler.

It's 2 hours for me but I console myself by thinking about how much shorter the drive is than going to thunder Valley.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    It’s a smooth action. Trigger hanger is brilliant. 2 stage Huber in this one @1.8lb total.
    Serial #308 & it wears a PVA Osprey 26” 308 10T Proof Comp contour.

Pic was at Liberty Bell stage Major Land this past Oct. Didn’t hit the bell, but scarred the hell out of it with 9 shots. 1776 meters.
    20moa rail + 6 Mil mount, 25 mil on dial & 10 mil hold to get there with 177SMK @ 2760.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    It’s a smooth action. Trigger hanger is brilliant. 2 stage Huber in this one @1.8lb total.
    Serial #308 & it wears a PVA Osprey 26” 308 10T Proof Comp contour.

Pic was at Liberty Bell stage Major Land this past Oct. Didn’t hit the bell, but scarred the hell out of it with 9 shots. 1776 meters.
    20moa rail + 6 Mil mount, 25 mil on dial & 10 mil hold to get there with 177SMK @ 27
    Sweet. My buddy got one of the first production units after we both shot the pre production one. I already have a Nuke 2 and a few other actions so I will wait to get a CDG for a bit. Need to sell off some other stuff to make space in the locker and money in the budget.

I am still on the fence about fixed vs pivot bolt.handle. my buddy went pivot. I tried a friend's archi when they hit and it was just different enough that I knew I'd have to go to archi actions across the board for it not to weird me out switching back and forth. So I never did.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    Sweet. My buddy got one of the first production units after we both shot the pre production one. I already have a Nuke 2 and a few other actions so I will wait to get a CDG for a bit. Need to sell off some other stuff to make space in the locker and money in the budget.

I am still on the fence about fixed vs pivot bolt.handle. my buddy went pivot. I tried a friend's archi when they hit and it was just different enough that I knew I'd have to go to archi actions across the board for it not to weird me out switching back and forth. So I never did.
    4g64 - FYI if you have an older Zylo (pre 2021) it will require some machine work to fit the CDG.
    Hit me with a PM if needed for details.

I have a Archimedes in 6GT & it is the fastest action in the stable. The CDG Pivot has a much stiffer spring for the pivot. I haven’t felt it pivot yet. If anything it may provide a little cushion for the bolt stop if/when I get going fast on a stage.
    I’d recommend going with the pivot option.

Gen2 Nuke 223 swithing back & forth to CDG doesn’t feel odd to me at all. They do both have the Huber’s in them.

Archimedes does feel different, but it also has a single stage TT Diamond.
    IMG_7719.jpeg
    IMG_7448.jpeg

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    4g64 - FYI if you have an older Zylo (pre 2021) it will require some machine work to fit the CDG.
    Hit me with a PM if needed for details.

I have a Archimedes in 6GT & it is the fastest action in the stable. The CDG Pivot has a much stiffer spring for the pivot. I haven’t felt it pivot yet. If anything it may provide a little cushion for the bolt stop if/when I get going fast on a stage.
    I’d recommend going with the pivot option.

Gen2 Nuke 223 swithing back & forth to CDG doesn’t feel odd to me at all. They do both have the Huber’s in them.

Archimedes does feel different, but it also has a single stage TT Diamond.
    View attachment 457031 View attachment 457032
    I'd buy another xylo. Nuke 2 currently lives in either the xylo or a gen 1 whiskey 3, depending on configuration. For fun and if I shoot in a match, xylo with long barrels. If it's for other stuff, short barrels with can and the whiskey 3 folder.

My other actions are currently Zermatt, defiance, and Tikka. The pivots (shots both archi and CDG) will definitely take some adjustment for me. You are correct about the cdg being a higher power spring. My buddy's definitely pivots but he's slinging 130rdf at just short of 3k.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    How do you like the Zermatt vs the Defiance? Which Zermatt do you have?
    TL3.

My defiance is a deviant GA. It's variance marked for WAR Rifles but it is a defiance. The other is a defiance Tenacity. The tenacity is slicker because it is not coated and the deviant is cerakoted.

I LOVE my Zermatt stuff. I've built half a dozen TL3s and Origins for people. Helped a couple.guys on the boards here put em together since I have all the tooling. Not as "rigid" as the defiance but I like the Zermatt since I can.swap bolt heads at will, the headspace is so well controlled that I can buy shouldered barrels from a half dozen places and not have to screw with chambering barrels at my buddy's shop.

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    8dc1eaa38925a92ea21206f562777adb.jpg

Defiance Deviant Tactical, X Caliber 1-10 308 win, NWP muzzle brake, TriggerTech Diamond trigger, KRG XRay chassis, Sig Sauer Tango 6 5-30x56 Mil SCR Scope. Remage barrel with a 2nd barrel, BHW 1-8 twist, 26” M24 profile, NWP muzzle brake. Change barrels in 20 minutes or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom