• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtodd1586

Sep 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie, Maryland
    This stuff happened at sears in gb all the time when i work there. If they got out the door...we let them go... life is always more important then tools....
    Same policy at most retailers now. The store i work at now has AA police at the entrance every hour of the day. I have been a part of a few wrestling matches between theives and loss prevention personel.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    according to a lot of advice here, apparently you should have just grabbed a few boxes for yourself since no one was hurt, and the store and cops didnt care either.

smh... and we wonder why baltimore is a complete and utter cesspool animal farm.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    We can all sit here on our couches and critique the OP's response but in reality who knows what we would do in a similar situation. Some people see wrong being done and they just react and do what feels like the right thing to do.

I think the reason this state (and the country) are sinking fast is that we have years and years of 'Look the other way", "Don't get involved" and "Stop snitching" The lower life forms have evolved to fit in with our inaction.

Getting involved may not always be the smart thing to do but it is usually the "Right" thing to do.

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Wouldn't pepper spraying be considered assault in some form?

Yes, it happened to my wife when three girls came into the store and shoplifted. Two of the girls ran out with the merchandise and the third pepper sprayed my wife in her eyes and face. The police got the two who ran out and both got sentenced a year in jail but ended up serving more time for bad behavior. The two never gave name to the third girl and hasn't been caught.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Its bad here at Giant in MoCo with the bag tax causing most people to bring their own bags or just put their groceries back into their cart to take to their car. Already this month we have stopped 5+ people with FULL carts, I'm talking $800 in meat, $200 in detergent, $300 in batteries, and $200 in Condoms in one instance. In hindsight I should have let the piece of taint keep the Condoms so that he couldn't produce another waste of sperm that would only grow up to steal other peoples things. I swear it sucks to have a conscience and to have been raised properly.... Almost every shoplift attempt or refund scam artist gets away scot-free and drives off in a nicer car than I can ever possibly afford to own to go back to their rent-free apartment or house to come back another day to do it all over again. Sometimes I just wish for TEOTWAWKI so that we can wipe these assholes off the face of the earth and start all over.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    I told my wife I need to start keeping my baseball bats in the truck again, but she told me I probably would have been charged with assault and arrested.

I had my knives on me as always, but I had that whole knife/gun fight feeling, and again, can't really do much without getting myself in trouble.

Gotta learn about dem throwing knives!

wheelgun

Feb 23, 2009
    Its bad here at Giant in MoCo with the bag tax causing most people to bring their own bags or just put their groceries back into their cart to take to their car. Already this month we have stopped 5+ people with FULL carts, I'm talking $800 in meat, $200 in detergent, $300 in batteries, and $200 in Condoms in one instance. In hindsight I should have let the piece of taint keep the Condoms so that he couldn't produce another waste of sperm that would only grow up to steal other peoples things. I swear it sucks to have a conscience and to have been raised properly.... Almost every shoplift attempt or refund scam artist gets away scot-free and drives off in a nicer car than I can ever possibly afford to own to go back to their rent-free apartment or house to come back another day to do it all over again. Sometimes I just wish for TEOTWAWKI so that we can wipe these assholes off the face of the earth and start all over.

Sounds like da bitches and da hoes is gonna be well fed and cleaned up befo da fun begins

Sonny

Nov 7, 2013
    Some states

But if you had pulled a weapon in some states like the great state of New York (which aint so great) the cops would have shown up and be certain that you would have been the one going to jail.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Not getting physically involved in such a situation does not mean someone is ignoring it, not brought up right, or do not have a conscience.

If you physically involve yourself in such a situation in this State one of 3 things is going to happen.

1. You are going to get shot or stabbed.

2. You are going to get charged with assault.

3. You are going to get sued.

Calling the police, taking video, pictures, getting plates, keeping an eye on the situation would be your best bet. Now if you're in Texas just shoot em. :lol2:

Actually only do that if they are stealing from you or your neighbor. The law does not count commercial stores.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    If you physically involve yourself in such a situation in this State one of 3 things is going to happen.

Meh. Small price to pay to stroke your hero complex. :sad20:

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I'm sorry. I understand everyone who says, "Don't get involved. It's only tools.", but not getting involved is what has led this state and spinning down the sh*tter. Especially if I saw a lady chasing two grown ass men, I would have done something similar as the OP.

if i could click a thumbs up or like button on your post i would.

been thinking that the entire time i'm reading this thread.

you don't necessarily have to do anything other than show up, like it sounds like a few guys did.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    This sounds like a story I gotta hear lol.

Of course I slightly exaggerated but honest to God not by much. It was hilarious. We read it aloud every so often while having a beer around the fire. Great laughs. Unfortunately I can't remember the thread it's from. I'll let the poster remain anonymous, as it's only a matter of time.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS

yes, the laws are part of the problem. they protect the criminals.

1 is less likely if we were allowed to protect ourselves
    2 would not happen if the judicial system didn't fail at its job
    3 - see above

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Of course I slightly exaggerated but honest to God not by much. It was hilarious. We read it aloud every so often while having a beer around the fire. Great laughs. Unfortunately I can't remember the thread it's from. I'll let the poster remain anonymous, as it's only a matter of time.

Yeah, I tried searching "lady on fire Armani" and got nothing. :( :lol2:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I saw someone run out the door of a rite aid once with a handful of, well who knows. He ran right past me. You think I am running that fcker down, jumping on him, twisting limbs, spraining fingers, etc... for some aspirin and misc? Hell no.

I told the manager " He went that way". He couldn't care less. Neither did I.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Yeah, I tried searching "lady on fire Armani" and got nothing. :( :lol2:

I had it copied in my notepad i wont out the guy. here it is::lol2:

You're right, I've never been shot at in a movie theater, but I've been shot at. I've ran into a burning house and burning shed to do rescues. I got out of my car and jumped into the middle of a brush fire wearing an Armani suit after a funeral to stop it from catching the house on fire it was up against. Just a random house I was driving by. I jump into street fights to break them up without thinking twice. I've jumped in between a guy much bigger than me and a girl he was beating to protect her (both strangers on the street in OC).

I have absolutely no doubt I would charge a gunman in a mass shooting situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom