• ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Best way to keep it from loosening up?

Blue thread locker?
    That white plumber thread tape? Or is that not heat resistant?

larr

Apr 1, 2011
    Easternshore
    I use a rubber Oring on my pistol. Never had a problem with the protector loosening up or any heat related problems to the Oring.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I use a rubber Oring on my pistol. Never had a problem with the protector loosening up or any heat related problems to the Oring.
    This. Especially on pistol barrels. The downside is that you generally need to remove the oring to get the suppressor to index on the thread shoulder. If not, you are in business. I modified a storm lake barrel to keep the oring on with the suppressor in place. Much better as the can doesn't loosen up as fast either.

Rifles vary. If I threaded the barrel, it will have a thread relief cut at the shoulder and I can use an oring. Factory threaded barrels typically do not have this. A slight modification to the thread protector, if sufficient clearance exists, can accomplish the same thing. Install oring in annulus cut with the aid of a dot or two of superglue. Replace oring as required.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Probably silicone o ring.
    That's what I use.
    Viton. 70 or 90 durometer. I like 70 for the ones I have to remove to install a can because they come off without a seal spoon. The 90s last longer but are a real PITA to get on and off.

Sorry, turning my geek switch off now.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I use viton, it holds up fine to the heat (70 durometer). They are cheap, get a bunch.. lol

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    Probably silicone o ring.
    That's what I use.
    I was thinking the same concept. Bought this for my scorpion from hb industries that uses an oring. It doesn't go anywhere

Attachments

• HBI_9MM_MIRCO_COMP_ISO.jpg
      HBI_9MM_MIRCO_COMP_ISO.jpg
      92.3 KB · Views: 48
    • HBI_9MM_MIRCO_COMP_BACK.jpg
      HBI_9MM_MIRCO_COMP_BACK.jpg
      64.5 KB · Views: 46

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I was thinking the same concept. Bought this for my scorpion from hb industries that uses an oring. It doesn't go anywhere
    I have a few of these and you’d re right, they don’t go anywhere. The rest that I have are Viton and the HB ones may be as well.

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    I have a few of these and you’d re right, they don’t go anywhere. The rest that I have are Viton and the HB ones may be as well.
    I was very happy with it. I did the micro k conversion from them with a 1/2x28 barrel. Ordered that as more or less a thread protector if I wasn't shooting suppressed. Very good quality and fairly inexpensive if I remember right. I assume you could use it on pretty much any 1/2x28 for just a thread protector

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I was very happy with it. I did the micro k conversion from them with a 1/2x28 barrel. Ordered that as more or less a thread protector if I wasn't shooting suppressed. Very good quality and fairly inexpensive if I remember right. I assume you could use it on pretty much any 1/2x28 for just a thread protector
    I put a few on pistols as thread protectors and they work great. I can’t say I notice any actual difference when shooting them, but they don't hurt.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks for the suggestions y'all. Looks like what I got will work. 5 bucks for 100 of them. Anyone need some?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom