• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Isn’t the German festival same weekend? Hope parking isn’t a nightmare.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Just as a note for all the nay sayers about MD shows, there are some new and different vendors at the show!! You wont know unless you come, if you do, stop by and say Hi! We have a pretty big setup with a selection of new and used firearms as well as ammo and acc's

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I spoke to my friend at blue custom works and he will be at the Timonium show doing 80% laser engravings and NFA engravings. If you have any that need engravings he can do it while you wait. This will be his first gun show. Send him some love, he should have a few custom guns there too.

Attachments

• B1E677B8-D6C8-4676-BB1C-3B60E8D499FF.jpeg
      B1E677B8-D6C8-4676-BB1C-3B60E8D499FF.jpeg
      360.5 KB · Views: 111

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Supporting the show and vendors help get laws changed?:lol::lol:
    No.
    Supporting the show and vendors means they may be able to come back next year. As opposed to being out of business for lack of interest.

The part about having them next year… is the hope that the laws will be changed by then.
    NO ONE thought we would now be actually seeing Shall Issue in Maryland, this time last year.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Funny… isn’t it? How we can get so many folks to attend a MDShooters event at a bar. Yet asking the some of the same folks to come see us at the gun show gets… “What’s in it for ME?”

Be there… Bring your own sweet tea.
    Heck...I say lets get rid of MDS and just have face to face meetings going forward. Just like the good old days.

This support your local gun show routine has gotten really old. Gun support has absolutely nothing to do with gun shows these days. Most people operate virtually. The only people bitching about it are the old timers. Tell me again how you learned about the SCOTUS decision? It wasn't at the gun show this weekend.

Gun shows have become a series of one person screwing the next guy. The show organizers screw the vendors and the vendors screw the consumer. I get it, we have a few local vendors that have decent deals. Why don't people stop in and visit them at the retail location instead?

I support several local shops because they give me incentive to do so. They're fair and carry exactly what I need. If they can't stock what I'm looking for I'll take a ride to Rural King and pick up magazines.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Heck...I say lets get rid of MDS and just have face to face meetings going forward. Just like the good old days.

This support your local gun show routine has gotten really old. Gun support has absolutely nothing to do with gun shows these days. Most people operate virtually. The only people bitching about it are the old timers. Tell me again how you learned about the SCOTUS decision? It wasn't at the gun show this weekend.

Gun shows have become a series of one person screwing the next guy. The show organizers screw the vendors and the vendors screw the consumer. I get it, we have a few local vendors that have decent deals. Why don't people stop in and visit them at the retail location instead?

I support several local shops because they give me incentive to do so. They're fair and carry exactly what I need. If they can't stock what I'm looking for I'll take a ride to Rural King and pick up magazines.
    ^Best post on the subject............and to a few specific posters-- many are getting tired of being lectured to like children

systemmaster

MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2009
    Lost
    All the back and forth aside, anyone at the show who can give an update? What does the ammo selection/pricing look like?

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    All the back and forth aside, anyone at the show who can give an update? What does the ammo selection/pricing look like?
    waiting for a report from my buddy, his both is all setup. Stop in an see him he’s got a couple cool guns for sale and can do your 80% or NFA engraving while you wait.

Attachments

• 786BB0DE-1860-4ADA-9540-58EBF621EAFE.jpeg
      786BB0DE-1860-4ADA-9540-58EBF621EAFE.jpeg
      310.1 KB · Views: 113

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    went this morning , not as many vendors as i remember from past shows . prices were all over the map , saw some things that i thought were priced good ie: under a thousand garrands , 556 greentips 640 a thousand .

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    It was busy. Lots of people looking at handguns and talking about carry permits.
    Pretty nice. I bought from South Carrol, nice guys.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    ^Best post on the subject............and to a few specific posters-- many are getting tired of being lectured to like children
    I appreciate it. You're right. The lectures are getting ridiculous.

A great idea would be to set up a meet and greet hosted by an IP. Kinda like a cars and coffee but with guns. People can bring things to trade/sell and make it a point to bring a friend that is new to guns. The IP could facilitate the regulated transactions for a fee.

I guarantee that IP would gain new customers and the new shooters will learn a thing or two. That's something I'd attend on a regular basis instead of a gun show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom