• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    Sorry bud, wasn't able to restock with my ammo guy before the show. Only had a couple boxes of 357 and they sold Saturday.
    No need for apologies, one week I’m gonna pop in your store as my schedule allows. The prices I saw on your other goods were very fair if I do say

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I was being sarcastic.

While it may have been a few people that are out of touch with reality, you cannot expect people to believe that an under promoted gun show got more publicity than something that the news and social media outlets are going nuts over. That isn't a likely scenario.

If out of touch people are attending these shows that is horrible news.

I will say that its good to see that you're a legit vendor. That's refreshing to see and will pay dividends. Can't say the same for your peers of course.
    Have you ever worked the MSI table (or any vendor table) at a gun show? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but you really should. The amount of un-information and dis-information is really astounding...for people at a GUN show?!?! You really have to experience it to believe it. We must live in a very small but highly educated sheltered world on MDS. I think it would be a safe bet that someone there today learned about the HQL for the first time. I don't know how these (not all, obviously) folks can be so out of touch...but they are.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Have you ever worked the MSI table (or any vendor table) at a gun show? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but you really should. The amount of un-information and dis-information is really astounding...for people at a GUN show?!?! You really have to experience it to believe it. We must live in a very small but highly educated sheltered world on MDS. I think it would be a safe bet that someone there today learned about the HQL for the first time. I don't know how these (not all, obviously) folks can be so out of touch...but they are.
    If that is the case it's pretty sad and unfortunate.

Those willing to spend the time educating them are really dedicated to the cause and it's commendable. Unfortunately I don't have the patience for that.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    My buddy at blue custom works was so happy to meet some of the folks from MDS. I think he’ll be finally joining this forum soon. Thanks for your support and he’ll be out there again today for engravings.
    What does he charge and where is he located?

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    It was as usual meh... at best. South Carroll had good ammo prices and so did the guy at front door CCM? Bought 1000 762x39 very reasonable. Nations Gun Show is still by far the best selection and prices and it's next weekend
    But will they have manufacturers with their new warez like the good old days?

This:
    shot-show-01.jpg

Not this:
    1513437113.jpg

Last edited:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    My buddy at blue custom works was so happy to meet some of the folks from MDS. I think he’ll be finally joining this forum soon. Thanks for your support and he’ll be out there again today for engravings.
    :thumbsup: He had some excellent examples of his work on display. We had a couple of good conversations. It would seem that a lot of members could benefit from his services in laser works on their firearms.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    There was one vendor with a sub 2K with a hang tag listing the price at $699, which was crossed out and $799 written beside it. I think SCSG had the same gun for $599.
    SCSG was $525.00 cash.

(I see he covered that)

In all… a far better attended show that the last few at Timonium. And a lot more hand guns there as well.

Also, a LGS was advertising a 16 hour CCW class for $150.00. That’s the lowest price I’ve seen anywhere.

Last edited:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Pure truth :thumbsup:

The amount of misinformation and outfight disinformation that we get to dispel at the MSI table… is nothing short of astounding.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    He mentioned a discount for MDS members and those with 3 or more frames to engrave.
    The picture I posted on post 27 has his number, contact info, and pricing. He was really impressed with everyone he’s met from the show. I know he’s had a ton of fun with marketing and flyers. Hopefully I can give him a hand with a bigger display for the next show, and maybe give him a hand at the booth. It’s been a while since I’ve been to a gun show.

wb3jma

Nov 15, 2020
    Belcamp, MD Harford County
    It was unfortunately a bit lame not many vendors, not many guns ammo same price or worse on Gunbroker. At least the German festival was in another exhibit hall so when I was finished I got some Brats and beer.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011

Those willing to spend the time educating them are really dedicated to the cause and it's commendable. Unfortunately I don't have the patience for that.

I know maybe 3 dozen people with some level of firearm hobby and most of them go "Oh is that the law on that now....?" Reacting only to big things like FSA 2013, Bruen

Peeps are getting more involved everyday by efforts of MSI, etc but there's still a large amount of people it's not important and a small hobby for them

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

You forget that Joe Sixpack gets his news from MSDNC or the like, and usually is interested only in the Sports items.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Pure truth :thumbsup:

The amount of misinformation and outfight disinformation that we get to dispel at the MSI table… is nothing short of astounding.
    I'm sure you have seen more of it first hand than a lot of us.

Any opportunity to educate is a good thing.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I'm sure you have seen more of it first hand than a lot of us.

Any opportunity to educate is a good thing.
    There are so many people who think they know, or are certain that the law says “xyz”. I saw a lot of that while working in Baltimore.

As RWR said …it’s not that they’re ignorant, they just know so much that isn’t true.

And there are so many who are new to the idea of firearms ownership. They’ve not paid any attention to the laws which have been enacted by the MGA. And now they are learning just how bad their voting choices have screwed us all.

Many folks here in this community are functionally aware because they read the information posted here. MDS is a great resource. But even here, there are still some questions which sometimes get wrong answers. Thankfully, we have some very knowledgeable folks to dispel much of that when it crops up.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    There are so many people who think they know, or are certain that the law says “xyz”. I saw a lot of that while working in Baltimore.

As RWR said …it’s not that they’re ignorant, they just know so much that isn’t true.

And there are so many who are new to the idea of firearms ownership. They’ve not paid any attention to the laws which have been enacted by the MGA. And now they are learning just how bad their voting choices have screwed us all.

Many folks here in this community are functionally aware because they read the information posted here. MDS is a great resource. But even here, there are still some questions which sometimes get wrong answers. Thankfully, we have some very knowledgeable folks to dispel much of that when it crops up.
    so true , had a friend buying a shotgun from someone else's friend face to face , i said " you know that's illegal now " he had no idea , told him to use an ffl , don't know how it worked out , haven't talked to him .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not just gun shows . My LGS owning buddy gets at least one " HQL ? What's that ? " just about every day .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom