• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bpa877

Feb 13, 2011
    bringing a handgun to a gun show to get work done

I am go to go if I bring my Glock unloaded with a zip tie through the mag well to get Precision shot group to do work. Am I correct? Just locked in my trunk no loaded mags or gun.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I am go to go if I bring my Glock unloaded with a zip tie through the mag well to get Precision shot group to do work. Am I correct? Just locked in my trunk no loaded mags or gun.

I'd put it in a case.

glockfather

May 14, 2012
    Odenton, MD
    It is legal to transport your firearm as long as its unloaded and secure and your going to the range or to a place to have repairs made. If your bringing your Glock to the show its definitely for a repair. IF your sights dont work any more they need to be repaired! If you trigger is no longer smooth it needs repaired.Get the piont

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    I went I saw, I was not impressed. Lou's table was the busiest out of all them. Way over prices stuff everywhere else. Probable won't go back again.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    See any reloading stuff there? Powder? Primers?

Two vendors had reloading stuff. Only Neil had powder. Neil had the powder and primers, the other vendor had a lot of dies and other things.

Neil kinda pissed me off. He had a 10/22, Boyd stock and other goodies, but it had a cheap Tasco scope. I asked him for some money off and he flatly refused. Now I've bought a LOT of stuff from him over the years, and for him not to budge at all, bad business, in my opinion. Gotta keep your customers happy. I wasn't happy.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    The guy who got into a verbal battle with a fellow wanting a C&R transfer during a Perryville show in Maryland was there, I laughed.

That vendor is a clown.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Crap like that is why I don't do any C & R purchasing in Maryland, always out of state.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah, but the vendor was right although he was dropping F-bombs and other words to the guy. The guy (at the perryville show) wanted C&R transfer a Handgun, which my understanding is that you would still have to follow maryland handgun transfer procedure, only out of state or mail order would that work for C&R.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    See any reloading stuff there? Powder? Primers?

I saw some shotshell powder some lesser used caliber bullets. There was a vendor selling brass, it was dirty still had primers but was reasonably priced for even the current atmosphere. I spent $100 on 1000 .223 brass cases and $35 on 500 9mm

Mgandrew

Dec 27, 2012
    Wanted to say what's up. It's my firs post but have been reading the forum for a while. Today was my first time going to the timonium gun show and I couldn't tell if it was a gun show or a flea market with guns. I bought a hogue grip for the usp and the pit beef sandwich was good but I couldn't believe the prices, the cologne, the Barrett for $8,100?

Just crazy.

Are any of the pa or va shows any better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom