• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greghall

Jul 23, 2012
    Whitemarsh
    First one in awhile wasnt to impressed,everything was way over priced lots of people discussed ammo prices i turned around and walked out serveral people said Im not paying that much for .223 :(

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    First one in awhile wasnt to impressed,everything was way over priced lots of people discussed ammo prices i turned around and walked out serveral people said Im not paying that much for .223 :(

It is sad to see these prices, but it seems as if these ARE the prices for awhile. I've heard people say there orders have been backordered until Decmber of 2013. Don't know if it's true, but there has been a major hit in the supply lines for our toys.

I too had consumer shock while at the show. Run of the mill ammo selling for top dollar plus another 100% mark up.

Maybe it will calm down but I don't see the supply catching up to the demand any time soon.

I hope I'm wrong.

mako263

Feb 15, 2008
    Gun shows

It's a damn shame that the gun shows have become "FLEA MARKETS with guns". Between the crazy prices, no inventory and bad attitudes, it's only a matter of time before it's over. There are only a handful of firearm vendors left at the shows and dwindling fast. The show promoters can care less about the vendors. Gun show customers will eventually speak with their wallets.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This has been happening for the last 15 years. Each year one or more firearm dealers stop coming to the show. However this show was a waste due to extenuating circumstances. There have NEVER been this much panic buying in the history of the United States. Even during the AWB during the Clinton years, it wasn't this bad.

The first BIG hit was Ammoman. He told me there was no reason for him to carry around tons of ammo to do shows. The internet is the reason we lost that vendor. Other vendors have theiir own reason to stop selling at the shows. The used to be many vendors coming from oout of state (Sherluk being one of them). Donna would give killer deals, but they went to the interenet and I think that's where they're making most of their money. There were even out of state Class III dealers and people weren't buyin enough to warrant them speding the money to saty for a 3 day show.
    But now they don't have to go to shows, because the public is knocking down there doors to buy anything related to firearms. Have you seen the prices to 22 LR rimfire ammo. There's no reason for this, except the buyers are buying anything.

I do know the firearm industry has been knocked on its heels. No one expected this type of panic buying.

squirrelly1

Sep 10, 2012
    So glad I didn't go. Sick, so I just vegged the entire day. The NFC game was good... Usually I go to the show and find maybe 2 or 3 decent deals, but the shows are a joke these days.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    Two vendors had reloading stuff. Only Neil had powder. Neil had the powder and primers, the other vendor had a lot of dies and other things.

Neil kinda pissed me off. He had a 10/22, Boyd stock and other goodies, but it had a cheap Tasco scope. I asked him for some money off and he flatly refused. Now I've bought a LOT of stuff from him over the years, and for him not to budge at all, bad business, in my opinion. Gotta keep your customers happy. I wasn't happy.

Neill can't help but piss people off, let's face it he's a MORON.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    It's a damn shame that the gun shows have become "FLEA MARKETS with guns". Between the crazy prices, no inventory and bad attitudes, it's only a matter of time before it's over. There are only a handful of firearm vendors left at the shows and dwindling fast. The show promoters can care less about the vendors. Gun show customers will eventually speak with their wallets.

What happened to you Sunday?

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009

From my experience over the last few years, you are probably correct.

Other than some entertainment value, most shows are offering less and less value. Not worth the price of gas or the price of admission.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    I saw three uppers all 1700+

There were AR's selling for 3500+ the prices on everything were WAY out of line. I get we are in a capitalistic society, but if people don't stop buying at these prices then nothing will go down.

Just guns, was more like "what guns" there table was almost empty, I believe I heard one of the guys say, "go visit us in parkville, the store is open" Why not just bring your guns down instead??

Every year you get more crap tables selling toy helicopters, junk, and other bs than you do guns. I totally agree with you mako!! I will not be going back next year.

I assume you mean $35 on 50? If you found $35 for 500, please share who is selling at that price :)
    $35 per 50 is correct, ammo was recockulous, clips were stupid exspensive. But people were grabbing it up so they are going to sell at that price. Couple young guys walking out with lawman ammo laughing saying they got a hell of a deal. I almost spit out my coffee when I walked past them. it was 400 for 500 rounds.

Oh well hopefully when we all stop going and the money stops flowing then they will realize they have totally screwed the show over!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    I saw some shotshell powder some lesser used caliber bullets. There was a vendor selling brass, it was dirty still had primers but was reasonably priced for even the current atmosphere. I spent $100 on 1000 .223 brass cases and $35 on 500 9mm

I assume you mean $35 on 50? If you found $35 for 500, please share who is selling at that price :)

$35 per 50 is correct, ammo was recockulous, clips were stupid exspensive.

He purchased brass casings for 9mm.

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD

Gus you mean you didn't buy a perfume-spraying-helicopter-ipod?

Call me Hef

C & R Junkie
    Oct 11, 2012
    North Point
    I bought a tin of mosin food for $85 last week at the Frederick show (I should have bought the crate for $160). It was being sold at the Tiomonium show for $159 for the exact same thing! WTF?
    When I commented to my buddy about the crazy price, this young kid in line says "actually, that's not a bad price". I laughed....Loud and hard. We walked away shaking our heads.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    I bought a tin of mosin food for $85 last week at the Frederick show (I should have bought the crate for $160). It was being sold at the Tiomonium show for $159 for the exact same thing! WTF?
    When I commented to my buddy about the crazy price, this young kid in line says "actually, that's not a bad price". I laughed....Loud and hard. We walked away shaking our heads.

The dealer in the lobby had the crazy prices on 54r but a vendor inside had crates still at $159 on Friday because I walked out with two of them.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    148298036.jpg
    Bought one of those Law inforcement SS Mini 14's for $700. Was that "Lou's"table near the door? Pretty clean looking. Couldn't check the bore til I got home. Looked sweet!

That's a beauty right there! I may have picked one of those up too had I been there. Nice buy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom