• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I had a brief conversation with a neighbor a few days ago. He's an Army reservist and an investigator for a 3-letter gov't agency.

We are on neighborly terms but I have NOT gone into detail about my supplies. He only knows I own some guns (and he does too) and that's about it. The wind storm that came through recently knocked out power to the neighborhood. I told him that I'm sure I looked like a beacon of "free stuff" with my lights and TV on when the power went out. He made a joke about knowing where to go for supplies and that basically I'd be an easy loot drop for him.

He claims to be conservative with no love for The Administration but that doesn't mean that he won't turn on a neighbor when his food and fuel runs out. I now have zero trust in him and will be keeping my mouth zipped when he's around.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    No need to qualify it IMO, trust is indeed the most precious commodity. Nobody knows all that I have stashed, not even Wifey.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Tell him he is just as much in range as you are and maybe you both should coordinate your overlapping fire lanes in the direction of external threats.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    The best part of the coming zombie apocalypse is preparing for it. Interestingly enough, although I don’t live in a neighborhood, I do have an neighborly network in place just in case the proverbial SHTF.

We do share a lot of info with each other, we have dedicated communication systems in place. After the last election we wanted to make sure we had some sort of plan just in case the crazies came up from Baltimore.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Should have returned the joke.

"Good thing I keep spare batteries for the NVGs, and the claymores don't need them." He He.

****Yup. Watch out for the gnomes... :innocent0

gnome.jpg

gnome2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom