• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    The promoter took the lead to deal with PPC. Their call, their risk. Sure, I have my own issues with both, but it's more than nothing.

So, IMO, it becomes incumbent on the firearms community to make noise.

Show up. Don't show up. Your call. But make noise.

To both stay home and stay silent? That is the death of the Maryland gun show.

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    talked to the promoter and as far as "locked guns" go. a zip tie suffices for a lock. nothing new, no worries.
    We'll see you all there Saturday. :party29:

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    The only beneficiaries here are PG county and some vendors. The county gets their $ and they get their way. There are plenty of other venues in MD that host or can host gunshows without these degrading restrictions. They're basically bitch slapping the gun buying/selling community by dictating THEIR asinine rules. And to add icing to the cake, they get to boast that they bent over the gun community to THEIR rules. In other words, they win. I sure as shit won't be going because, indirectly, some of my entrance fee is going to the crack smoking left wing PG county gubment.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    The promoter took the lead to deal with PPC. Their call, their risk. Sure, I have my own issues with both, but it's more than nothing.

So, IMO, it becomes incumbent on the firearms community to make noise.

*****Show up. Don't show up. Your call. But make noise.*****

To both stay home and stay silent? That is the death of the Maryland gun show.

Here ^^^ in between the multiple astericks is the best advice I've seen, whether you go or not, make noise.:thumbsup:

talked to the promoter and as far as "locked guns" go. a zip tie suffices for a lock. nothing new, no worries.
    We'll see you all there Saturday. :party29:

Like I made mention of in one of my previous posts in one of these two PG threads, if a zip tie would suffice in place of a gun lock, my apologies in advance. I'm glad to see that a zip tie, at least as of this point, will be all that's required. But the question remains; What if the potential purchaser wants to check out the function and bore of the firearm, will the seller be allowed to remove the zip tie for buyers appropriate inspection???

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Here ^^^ in between the multiple astericks is the best advice I've seen, whether you go or not, make noise.:thumbsup:

Like I made mention of in one of my previous posts in one of these two PG threads, if a zip tie would suffice in place of a gun lock, my apologies in advance. I'm glad to see that a zip tie, at least as of this point, will be all that's required. But the question remains; What if the potential purchaser wants to check out the function and bore of the firearm, will the seller be allowed to remove the zip tie for buyers appropriate inspection???

what have you done in the past???

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    i also understand that there will be a ban on toilet paper in the bathrooms. as park police fear that excessive friction from wiping may ignite methane fumes.

Hey, NO DRY FIRING, not even in the bathrooms. lol

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I can't go Sat, so it's a moot point for me. I bet there will be a lot of people who haven't been warned of all the restrictions who are going to show up and be disappointed and/or pissed. Perhaps someone there could have flyers or at least display contact info for exactly whomever we should be complaining to. As MR H said, we need to make noise. I'll add that we need to make noise in the right direction...not just on here.

I used to really like this show. It is a long boring drive, but I never left empty handed. Were it not for MDS, I'd be heading down there Sunday morning...I guess I'd be coming home empty handed...and PISSED!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Now the article in LibPOST says no one can leave with a gun, that is not true. You can purchase and leave with a Long Gun, Hbar AR, Shotgun, or hunting rifle

I guess this Saturday will be VERY INTERESTING to see what ACTUALLY transpires.

I just read the article that was mentioned that dblas posted a link in the first post. The article didn't make any reference to any specific type(s) of firearms, it just specified firearms in the context of nobody will be leaving the show with firearms. There was an example given that most of us MDS'ers know that the reference about the 7 day waiting period pertains to "handguns only", however the article treats it as an all inclusive on all firearms, regardless of type.

Like I posted above, this Saturday will be a VERY INTERESTING to see what ACTUALLY transpires.

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    We actually cancelled a VA show, one that I am pretty sure would have netted us more profit in favor of this show. I did this for several reasons. One of which is: If we don't take the 20 tables here, who would? I know the amount of folks that email me about where we were when we miss any other MD Show. We bring a lot of stuff and a lot of folks like to see us at the show and are disappointed enough to express it when we aren't there.

We have supported almost all the major MD shows for years. This show was profitable 3 years ago and I hope it will be again.

Of Course I am Profit Motivated, I don't even try to deny that. It's my business, my full time business. It's 2:00am and I am still at work, just made 8 barrels for Online Orders. Our online business exceeds our gunshow business by quite a bit. If I didn't care about gunshows and the good folks I meet there, I would simply leave and take all my business online. Spend more time listing...save the table fees...time on the road... spend more time with my family... But I enjoy doing gun shows, Enjoy meeting the people, and of course enjoy the profits.

I see this as a slight win for us. Going from NO SHOW to a Restricted Show. If the next time they have more restrictions, then I am SURE I WILL NOT support it. Pretty sure I will not support it again, if they don't relax some of the restrictions. But this is the first time, I am not going to bash it until I try. I am not going to believe everything LIBPOST has in that article. I am going to go there, support it, talk in person to those in charge and express my opinion, and be professional about it.

I am not going to play politics about who should be running the show, Frank or John. Both are in the show promoter business to make money and both have treated me fair enough over the years. I would have supported either and do. Of course I have crows to pick with both of them, but we live in a imperfect world.

AND I am surprised how many folks are emailing and calling me to say they are coming to the show. This show has hit a nerve!

Well, I'm Tired and going to bed.

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    The only beneficiaries here are PG county and some vendors. The county gets their $ and they get their way. There are plenty of other venues in MD that host or can host gunshows without these degrading restrictions. They're basically bitch slapping the gun buying/selling community by dictating THEIR asinine rules. And to add icing to the cake, they get to boast that they bent over the gun community to THEIR rules. In other words, they win. I sure as shit won't be going because, indirectly, some of my entrance fee is going to the crack smoking left wing PG county gubment.

Hey you know Frank will give you a finders reward to let him know about other available venues for Maryland Shows. You should let him know, NO JOKE! I would love to see one in Montgomery County!!

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    And to those that think we are giving in to their demands: Do you really think if we would have said: "Shove those restrictions", that the left wing would have caved in? NO, they would not have: they would have declared full and complete victory. They don't want us there, they are only allowing it because they can't keep us out.

I don't know the reason for Sat Only, suspect it is due to cost of hiring so many cops for guard duty. If that is the case, it may not matter in future if we have a strong turnout and promoter make enough $$ to be open on Sunday too. I know most all shows our sales for Sunday is about 25-30% of Sat. Last One day show we did was for Frank at Frederick. Our Net for one day was about what we normally do in two and we got Sunday off due to saving in hotel rooms, meals, worker pay, etc.

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    And to those that think we are giving in to their demands: Do you really think if we would have said: "Shove those restrictions", that the left wing would have caved in? NO, they would not have: they would have declared full and complete victory. They don't want us there, they are only allowing it because they can't keep us out.

I don't know the reason for Sat Only, suspect it is due to cost of hiring so many cops for guard duty. If that is the case, it may not matter in future if we have a strong turnout and promoter make enough $$ to be open on Sunday too. I know most all shows our sales for Sunday is about 25-30% of Sat. Last One day show we did was for Frank at Frederick. Our Net for one day was about what we normally do in two and we got Sunday off due to saving in hotel rooms, meals, worker pay, etc.

This!

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I can't see why ANY vendor would support this type of show. .

There is a vendor who's name I can't recall who sets up about 20 tables of high end rifles and accessories, actually great people, I think they bring the entire magpul line! and can build your rifle while you watch!, but they usually only have ½ a table of live ammo that is mixed in with about 2 tables of components, so I think they might do well and have an extra ½ table space for something :)

After reading your posts mr. Smith Id like to ask, are you an HQL holdout or a sellout like me? Just curious how many are left in that group.

United we stand divided we go buy jerky and still make it back to do yard work, and I will have a snickers on hand in case of an emergency. :innocent0

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    There is a vendor who's name I can't recall who sets up about 20 tables of high end rifles and accessories, actually great people, I think they bring the entire magpul line! and can build your rifle while you watch!, but they usually only have ½ a table of live ammo that is mixed in with about 2 tables of components, so I think they might do well and have an extra ½ table space for something :)

If you look at the above posts, you will see "PrecisionArms" believe that is the vendor you are referencing.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The b@seline is th@t gunshows in PG Co h@ve @lre@dy been killed for 2yrs now. The bin@ry choice is not : good show vs sucks show , it is sucks show vs NO show.

I @m outspoken HQL holdout . While simil@r issues & deb@tes here , for me the c@lculus of the fine points comes out in f@vor of going .

IF @ promotor wished to put on Show of the size Showpl@ce potenti@lly holds , not m@ny non-govt owned options. If looking for @ sm@ll show on purpose , could prob@bly do 50-75 t@ble show in @ Fire H@ll or VFW post .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom