• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    Yes we will have all parts for AR Rifles.

18 tables of Good Stuff!

Some reloading components. No Powder. Yes on Primers.

Tied guns are normal at shows.

Now the article in LibPOST says no one can leave with a gun, that is not true. You can purchase and leave with a Long Gun, Hbar AR, Shotgun, or hunting rifle.

Mark Hostetter
    Precision Firearms

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    I have 6 people so far willing and wanting to help us unload. Thanks for these Great Guys!

Again, Let's really get a show of solidarity together and show these folks in PG county we are safe, law abiding, America Loving Citizens! Speak to your friends, Coworkers, employers, and everyone else you know to come out and hang out a bit.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I can't see why ANY vendor would support this type of show. It would appear that these regulations and restrictions were in place from the very beginning. It would also appear that John is willing to give a little to make as much profit as he can.

Lamplugh said he agreed to the stringent restrictions imposed by the park and planning commission because he knows he has to assuage fears.

“We are letting them push us some,” Lamplugh said. “We want to show that we’re not monsters, and we can run a decent show.”

Where in the past have the shows and it's vendors been considered monsters? Where in the past has his shows not been decent?

If he's willing to sell out just to have a show in that area, then maybe he needs to get out of Maryland completely. We don't need a promoter that is willing to sell his soul for profit.

Members that are vendors, can you explain why you would want to support this type of gun show? Why would you be willing to accept restrictions like PG county has imposed? If this is allowed, don't you think this will become the norm for the entire state. The article states that PG County is looking to the state to make these restrictions the law of the land.

I hope this show dies a quick and agonizing death. Don't expect me to support someone that is willing to sell out.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I can't see why ANY vendor would support this type of show. It would appear that these regulations and restrictions were in place from the very beginning. It would also appear that John is willing to give a little to make as much profit as he can.

Lamplugh said he agreed to the stringent restrictions imposed by the park and planning commission because he knows he has to assuage fears.

“We are letting them push us some,” Lamplugh said. “We want to show that we’re not monsters, and we can run a decent show.”

Where in the past have the shows and it's vendors been considered monsters? Where in the past has his shows not been decent?

If he's willing to sell out just to have a show in that area, then maybe he needs to get out of Maryland completely. We don't need a promoter that is willing to sell his soul for profit.

Members that are vendors, can you explain why you would want to support this type of gun show? Why would you be willing to accept restrictions like PG county has imposed? If this is allowed, don't you think this will become the norm for the entire state. The article states that PG County is looking to the state to make these restrictions the law of the land.

I hope this show dies a quick and agonizing death. Don't expect me to support someone that is willing to sell out.

For sure you are a wordsmith! Great points.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

this is an inroads to a liberal area for gunshows. fight the good fight and dont let the bastards win.

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    I can't see why ANY vendor would support this type of show... I hope this show dies a quick and agonizing death. Don't expect me to support someone that is willing to sell out.

Wow, that's some vitriol...

While I agree that the parameters for the show have been pared down to the bare minimum, I am sure that the promoter was hoping for more and is doing all he can to salvage the event and is hoping not to lose his shirt.

That said... Wishing this event such suffering does nothing to support our community. Let's stop by and do whatever we can to support the event. I'm sure there must be something that each one of us needs to finish a project, start a new one, or trade some extra bits n pieces. Hell, maybe you find that one thing you couldn't live without...

Maybe your attendance makes the difference for a vendor keeping their doors open...

Personally, I cancelled my Brownell's order, and will shop Precision's tables...(thanks for getting back to me!)

See some of you there!

Doc

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    We can just give up, Let PG County have it their way, Punish all the folks in that area too. Let them win with no fight. Give other Counties the precedent to drive guns, gun dealers, and gunshows out of all of MD. If this works for PG County, how long till Baltimore County follows them and there goes Timonium Gunshow too.

Or How about we have a good turn out, safe show, No issues and make fools out of the folks crying safety and "nobody wants a gun show".

No one can say we didn't protest the MD gun laws. We moved! But I cannot see the reason to boycott whole sections of MD public due to a legislation that doesn't like what we do.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    We can just give up, Let PG County have it their way, Punish all the folks in that area too. Let them win with no fight. Give other Counties the precedent to drive guns, gun dealers, and gunshows out of all of MD. If this works for PG County, how long till Baltimore County follows them and there goes Timonium Gunshow too.

Or How about we have a good turn out, safe show, No issues and make fools out of the folks crying safety and "nobody wants a gun show".

No one can say we didn't protest the MD gun laws. We moved! But I cannot see the reason to boycott whole sections of MD public due to a legislation that doesn't like what we do.

LET'S RAM THIS SHOW DOWN MNCPPC'S THROAT! MASSIVE TURNOUT NEEDED. :party29:

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    PG County Legislature by their own admission is trying to make it as hard as they can to make this show too painful for anyone to want to attend or exhibit. They don't want us there but they have too, since there are no laws that prevent it. I hear plenty of folks saying "Come and take them, Molon Labe" and "Out if my cold head hands" but as soon as something like this comes up, they throw up their hands in surrender and walk out!

"No Pain, No Gain", and "If it's worth having, it's worth fight for"

Come on Folks, Who are the Real Men?

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    With so many restriction insted of a "gun show" it is going to look as a visit to a museum. Lol

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I look at things a little differently. PG wants to play games...fine. There are 23 counties NOT part of the I-95 Axis. And they'd be delighted to have the business.

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    I am going to attend and purchase something as well. If we don't support the people who are trying to help these shows return to PG Country and it fails, what do you think eventually will happen in other counties of Maryland? I guarantee you these tactics will be used elsewhere in Maryland if they convince folks its not worth it to attend, no doubt.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Not a PG resident, and since this just popped in my head I haven't looked into it...

Did the PG Sheriff get re-elected?

When I spoke with him privately, he expressed pretty solid 2A support. I understand he has masters to appease, but would an economic burden in the 'fat' part of the county be enough to get him to 'come over'?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Wow, that's some vitriol...

While I agree that the parameters for the show have been pared down to the bare minimum, I am sure that the promoter was hoping for more and is doing all he can to salvage the event and is hoping not to lose his shirt.

That said... Wishing this event such suffering does nothing to support our community. Let's stop by and do whatever we can to support the event. I'm sure there must be something that each one of us needs to finish a project, start a new one, or trade some extra bits n pieces. Hell, maybe you find that one thing you couldn't live without...

Maybe your attendance makes the difference for a vendor keeping their doors open...

Personally, I cancelled my Brownell's order, and will shop Precision's tables...(thanks for getting back to me!)

See some of you there!

Doc

Why would I want to support a group (government) that is wanting to prohibit what I can and can't buy at a gun show. Why would I want to support a promoter that is willing to give a little this time (some think, it's giving up a lot)? Who knows what happens next? If you read the article, it clearly states the PG County wants to work with the state government to make this type of show the norm? Is this what you really want. No ammo, all guns must be locked, no dry firing. Come on.

What do you mean we can't give up? What are you doing by giving in to their demands? No ammo, no dry firing, all firearms must be locked? Who's giving up here? How can they not win when they hold all the cards? Yeah, lets show them...Lets support whatever that want to do. Let them limit the gun shows. Would your opinion be any different if they decided for the next gun show, that no black rifles or parts for these firearms can't be sold at the show. When will it stop? Do you think this is the only steps that PG County is going to take and then be happy with stopping at these restrictions? I will bet you a dollar to a donut that if this is allowed to continue there will be additional restrictions for the next PG County show. As a matter of fact, I will go as far as to say that if this show is a success, these restrictions will more than likely be the norm around the state.

We don't need these restrictions for a safe show. How can you even make that statement? Why would you defend this action with a statement like this. Yeah lets show them. What are we showing them? We are willing to give up a little here, then the next gun show, we'll give a little more. Well that's just great.

Boycott? I'm not boycotting the gun industry. I will not support a promoter that is willing to have a show with these restrictions, plain and simple. We haven't had a show there in more than 2 years. What did we show "THEM" during this time? I'm not sure what your train of thought was in your last paragraph, so I don't know how to respond.

LET'S RAM THIS SHOW DOWN MNCPPC'S THROAT! MASSIVE TURNOUT NEEDED. :party29:

Yeah, lets ram this restrictive gun show down their throats. Why, if we support this type of gun show, don't you think this will be the new norm, or worse yet, added restrictions ever time this show is to take place? Yeah, lets ram this show down their throats. We'll teach them that they can add restrictions to our gun shows and we'll lay over on our backs and take whatever they are will to give us.

PG County Legislature by their own admission is trying to make it as hard as they can to make this show too painful for anyone to want to attend or exhibit. They don't want us there but they have too, since there are no laws that prevent it. I hear plenty of folks saying "Come and take them, Molon Labe" and "Out if my cold head hands" but as soon as something like this comes up, they throw up their hands in surrender and walk out!

"No Pain, No Gain", and "If it's worth having, it's worth fight for"

Come on Folks, Who are the Real Men?

The county did that back in 2013. Where have you been since then? Did you fight for any gun shows during this time. Where's Frank? If anyone would be willing to give it another go, I would presume it would be Frank. Even Frank wouldn't promote a show like this.

What do you mean they have to allow us? Allow us what? Can't sell this, can do that, must conform.

I see you and every vendor that attends this show as the one's surrendering? Yes, that's right. Sure, you want your profit or you wouldn't be in business, but sometimes profit needs to take a back seat for morals. You talk like selling and attending this show is courageous. Please explain? Yeah come on, lets show them who are the real men. Show me who is willing to give up their ideals for a quick buck. Come on men, stand up and show me your wallets.

I look at things a little differently. PG wants to play games...fine. There are 23 counties NOT part of the I-95 Axis. And they'd be delighted to have the business.

If we allow this type of show to go on, we will have doomed ourselves to the darkest future. Yeah, let them take away this and then they will take that, then all you'll be able to buy at a gun show is jerky, socks and pre1899 firearms. You'd have to be an idiot to think that they are willing to stop there. Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

I say screw PG County. Let them have their Show Palace. It smells like horse crap anyway. I too believe there are many other areas that would be more than happy to host a quality gun show. This promoter is selling out Maryland just so he can make a buck. Why else would he allow these restrictions for a gun show?

I wonder why the promoter hasn't listed the restrictions on his web page? What's he trying to hide? What happens to the attendee that wants to bring his 870 to sell. Will he not be able to carry it into the show because he doesn't have a lock for it?

Do you want to buy a firearm if you can't check it's function? Well you better not dry fire it. And the question must be raised, what vendor is going to show a firearm to a customer without clearing said firearm? What happens if the customer happens to dry fire a weapon he is being shown? Does the vendor leave immediately, is the customer told to leave immediately? Can the locks be removed so that a customer can test the function of the firearm? If not, would you buy that firearm?

If a vendor can't sell ammo, can they give it away with the purchase of an ammo can? Will that get the vendor kicked out of the show? Are you trying to circumvent the rules, thus asked to remove your wares and yourself immediately?

Yeah, lets give PG County exactly what's due them. It certainly wouldn't be my money.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Eat a Snickers!!

;)

There are two avenues, here...

Support the vendors (I really don't give a rat's ass about the promoter), because they provide access to the tools for our safety/sustenance/hobby.

Ream the politicians, with letters to them, the MNCPPC, and the media.

I realize that I posed the big conundrum earlier, but in reality the only real answer is to sho solidarity on Saturday, and follow it up in the runup to February (which really should have begun in April).

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Eat a Snickers!!

;)

There are two avenues, here...

Support the vendors (I really don't give a rat's ass about the promoter), because they provide access to the tools for our safety/sustenance/hobby.

Ream the politicians, with letters to them, the MNCPPC, and the media.

I realize that I posed the big conundrum earlier, but in reality the only real answer is to sho solidarity on Saturday, and follow it up in the runup to February (which really should have begun in April).

So your willing to roll over and let PG County make any restrictions they want for this show and who knows what restrictions for any shows to follow? You think it's okay to support a promoter that is willing to roll over just to make a buck? You think it's okay for the promoter to advertise this as a 2 day event, then cancel the last day when he signed a contract for a 1 day show? You think it's okay to support a promoter who signed a contract which restricted the sale of ammo, the mandatory use of firearm locks and not notify the public or vendors of these restrictions. Remember, the promoter NEVER told anyone of these restrictions until confronted?

Sorry, but I see this as the beginning of the end if left to fester.

And I would prefer an Almond Joy Bar. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom