Attachments

• image-463452310.jpg
      image-463452310.jpg
      87.1 KB · Views: 360

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    LOL

Anyway for those wanting to help unload, we plan to be there around 4:30 figuring an extra 30 minutes for traffic. I have 2 small boxes with brass, lead, carbon, nitrites and copper in them for each of those helping out! Each measure about 2.260 inches in length. They will be handed over outside of the show place area.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    The b@seline is th@t gunshows in PG Co h@ve @lre@dy been killed for 2yrs now. The bin@ry choice is not : good show vs sucks show , it is sucks show vs NO show.

I @m outspoken HQL holdout . While simil@r issues & deb@tes here , for me the c@lculus of the fine points comes out in f@vor of going .

IF @ promotor wished to put on Show of the size Showpl@ce potenti@lly holds , not m@ny non-govt owned options. If looking for @ sm@ll show on purpose , could prob@bly do 50-75 t@ble show in @ Fire H@ll or VFW post .

what is deal with the "@"? is your "a"
    key missing?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If I t@ke cpl of min to wrestle w/ it c@n usu@lly get it to work. Unless specific@lly needed for p@ssword , I'm substituting "@" for (1st letter).

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    B@ck on topic , the biggest promoter in region needs 150 T@ble , 3500 person venue to fit business model. Second biggest ( from observ@tion) seems little more flexible on one roof vs compound of blds , but still prefers l@rger venues.

So ... We h@ve v@*** for up to 50 t@ble/ under 1000person Shows. Here's opening for org@niz@tions w/ meeting rooms/ b@nquit h@ll to put on Show themselves , & sm@ll size st@rtup promoters .

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    The b@seline is th@t gunshows in PG Co h@ve @lre@dy been killed for 2yrs now. The bin@ry choice is not : good show vs sucks show , it is sucks show vs NO show.

I @m outspoken HQL holdout . While simil@r issues & deb@tes here , for me the c@lculus of the fine points comes out in f@vor of going .

IF @ promotor wished to put on Show of the size Showpl@ce potenti@lly holds , not m@ny non-govt owned options. If looking for @ sm@ll show on purpose , could prob@bly do 50-75 t@ble show in @ Fire H@ll or VFW post .

Just what are you getting @??:D

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    Unloaded and everything seemed normal except for no ammo. Gun ties are the regular cable ties all gunshows use. No mention of dry firing or anything to prevent a person from removing the tie and then replacing it. The Park Police are the same as from years ago. They are all Pro Gun. Even the ones there tomorrow, I have been assured, are Pro Gun. The Park Police want it to work. Basically no one from the building were even around. They said they expect restrictions will be lifted in the future.

BearArms

Sep 25, 2013
    Upper Marlboro
    Glad to see all the discussion here about the PG shows. As a PG resident this is the closest show to me, and unless I'm mistaken -- I never see anything further south for the guys down in Lusby any whatnot. If not for this show I'm driving 45 minutes to an hour. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'll drive two states over if a diner is good enough :rolleye12:.

It's nice that the promoter and vendors are turning out for this show, and that the Park Police want it to work. I want it to work. Don't turn your back on an entire county because some folks in it are a pain in the ass.

Now if only I didn't have to have a second mortgage to join a range around here....

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    OK ? Met@l detector w@nding going in. While I didn't h@ve guns or @mmo , I h@d two cell phones , bugling pocket of keys , bulging pocket of coins , @lum fl@shlight , & 4in knife . No beep. Th@ts more met@l th@n @irweight .38 . Were they even turned on , or just security the@ter ?

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Just wanted to say thanks to all the vendors that came out today! Turn out was lite compared to past years but I expected that. Made a point to make a purchase with precision firearms today since they brought out the full complement of goodies for us. Also it was good talking to Mark.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Pleasantly surprised. 1680h110blc2titegroup more. Lots of paperwork being filled out. 1 guard on the floor and I think he was about to buy something from precision.

I believe the showplace arena show will survive

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If it weren't for getting sick, I'd make the drive down :(

Glad to hear it's going well though.

Doug33w

Aug 22, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I made it out to the show today, got there early but it looked like a lot more people where coming in as I was leaving. Lot's of ARs & parts but nothing I was dying to have. Not much in the way of reloading supplies but what I did see was decently priced.

The wanding for ammo seemed strange but the law enforcement officers there seemed friendly and I often see them speaking with people at the show.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    OK ? Met@l detector w@nding going in. While I didn't h@ve guns or @mmo , I h@d two cell phones , bugling pocket of keys , bulging pocket of coins , @lum fl@shlight , & 4in knife . No beep. Th@ts more met@l th@n @irweight .38 . Were they even turned on , or just security the@ter ?

Theater...

My keys and pocketknife should have registered..

They just wanted folks to admit they didn't have ammo.

:sad20:

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Theater...

My keys and pocketknife should have registered..

They just wanted folks to admit they didn't have ammo.

:sad20:

Yep, my 6" folder, keys, and pocket full of change should of put the hand scanner in beeping heaven---but not a peep...

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    I stopped by at about 9:30AM and it wasn't too busy yet. Picked up a few ammo cans (empty of course) and decided to purchase a new S&W 686 Plus for my first revolver. A guy saw me walking to my truck and said, "I know you don't have any ammo in those".

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    Spent part of the day there helping out the folks from MSI....finally got to put some faces with names here.. Pleasure meeting biggfoot44, BeoBill, Lee2 and Mopar

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom