• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conaso

May 17, 2014
    Alexandria, VA
    Some of them, but not all; there is a faction that THINKS they have the right to make any law they want and have it enforced.

What were they trying to say???

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

"The harshest tyranny is that which acts under the protection of legality and the banner of justice." Montesquieu

"The worst form of tyranny the world has ever known is the tyranny of the weak over the strong. It is the only tyranny that lasts." Oscar Wilde

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." Edmund Burke

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So i wonder who will carry out his illegal orders then? I wonder if he would only start out with mabe 5 to 10 people only and then see what the public does. He might carry it out in a county that has not or it rejected to become a 2A haven. Also all those counties that passed the 2A resolution I wonder could the county sheriff dept step in and try to arrest the persons trying who are carrying out the illegal orders?

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I've been reading Halbrook's Gun Control in Nazi Occupied France (great Christmas present, BTW), and so far it's emphasized the fact that the French police were the major collaborators in rounding up those French citizens who refused to turn in their hunting rifles and the like.

I find that pretty disturbing.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Since significant numbers of the military and LEO come from pro 2A homes, Lord Nottingham may well be in for the surprise of his life. The ones he will try to send are our brothers, sisters, friends and relatives. He most certainly has not given any thought to the shoe being on the other foot!

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Movies and myth would have you believe the French were mostly allied with the Underground Maquis...the fact is the French Underground was a very, very small percentage of dedicated Frenchmen in resisting the Germans. Most French were simply compliant and trying to survive and stay out of harm's way. They may have hated the Nazis but didn't do anything beyond hope for liberation. The myth that the French population was resisting the Germans in every way possible is simply an urban legend...probably fostered by the French themselves.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Why would a GOVERNOR "nationalize the National Guard?"
    Isn't that reserved for the President?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

zakmar1

May 7, 2011
    Westminster MD
    Unarmed?

The government sends the National Guard into riot situations with no ammo, and armory reject weapons...how do you think that is going to work out? Much respect the Guard and any man in uniform, but....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom