• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    The VA already complies with Federal laws regarding mentally unfit veterans (veterans unfit to manage their affairs are placed in the NICS; this includes those who are deemed a risk to themselves and/or others). The NY law does not do anything to help, and may actually drive vets from seeking help. Also, the burden placed on the mental health providers for this NY law is huge and rather arbitrary, without clearly defined criteria for implementation, and lots of gray areas. It is actually a rather sound decision by the VA (for once, and IMO of course).

The VA is unable to perform its basic functions of providing benefits to vets who've earned them. It is the most monolithic, unresponsive, inefficient, incompetent and just plain evil of all U.S. Gov't agencies. If it said it would comply, it wouldn't, or would only sporadically. It would be just as likely, or more so, to transmit it's administrator's grocery list, or some caseworker's lunch order, as do do whatever it's supposed to do, when its supposed to do it. This country should be ashamed of the way it allows its vets to be treated.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    ma_deuce, while I do not disagree with how incompetent the VA is in general (being a vet myself, and still fighting for my disability comp), occasionally they get something right. This decision is one of them, IMO.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    ma_deuce, while I do not disagree with how incompetent the VA is in general (being a vet myself, and still fighting for my disability comp), occasionally they get something right. This decision is one of them, IMO.

Agree, the VA is right on this on-- coming from a vet who receives care from the VA and has no complaints, and as a healthcare provider myself, can be fairly particular.......

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    That aside, vets who need help will not go to the VA or any shrink if they think they will be penalized for that action. It's a tough call for many guys, they need help, but don't want to lose the right to hunt or defend themselves for the rest of their lives.

Just got a letter in the mail today from them that I seem to have to start my claim all over again, joy. If find the VA to be a pretty pathetic organization from my limited dealings with them so far. New to their "system" so maybe that will change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom