• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    IANAL but I believe the next step would be a possible en banc hearing, if this is overturned at that time I'm sure MSI et al would appeal to the Supremes and what does the MD AG's office think would happen then?

This one is dead, give it a proper burial and move on. They still have the 77R and a waiting period.
    I haven't bought a handgun since the HQL went into effect but I could now be persuaded just as a giant fvck you.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    The reasoning in the decision about how even though it doesnt permanently keep you from keeping and bearing a handgun but is unconstitutional because for the 30 days the application is pending it removes that right for you looks so easily applicable to the W&C as well as any type of waiting period.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Y'all could have seen my smile from Texas when I read this great news. I am so happy for all my brothers and sisters stuck in the PRM. I hope this is just a first step on undoing all the foolishness of FSA 2013.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Y'all could have seen my smile from Texas when I read this great news. I am so happy for all my brothers and sisters stuck in the PRM. I hope this is just a first step on undoing all the foolishness of FSA 2013.
    Yeah, I still want an FAL.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Email them a copy of the published Decision.

Wonder if they would tell you to renew anyway.....and if they did would you have grounds for a 1983 suit??????
    I have until February, and then who knows what happens? I can wait a month to cough up 20 bucks.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Why bother to appeal? The Bruen reasoning was used to win this. SCOTUS isn’t going to change their reasoning

Of course the rabid gun grabber in the MGA will toss away our money to make themselves feel good.

Let the hand wringing begin. I’m going to get my boots on for the upcoming rivers of blood
    MDAG would be insane to take it to SCOTUS. But wouldn't be surprised to see at least an attempt to get an en banc hearing if for no other reason than to cost MSI extra time and $ to get it to SCOTUS for final decision. It is 4CA, after all.

Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County
    Congratulations, MSI! Thank you!!!
    1700588372085.gif

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    BTW, the dissent is as long as the decision itself, and we'll probably see parts of it used as arguments elsewhere, just like the dissent's dicta from Heller. She simply doesn't understand that under Bruen, when the 2A is implicated, the burden is then upon the state to prove the statute is constitutional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom