• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Congratulations to MDS and all freedom loving Marylanders. The Peoples Republic of Maryland is somewhat less so now.

I may not live there anymore but I still support your efforts to enhance liberty and common sense.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Going up later today in the classifieds. Don't lowball, I know what I've got.

View attachment 441194

*****Same. I'm not monkeying around either! :)

maxme.jpg

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I haven't bought a handgun since the HQL went into effect but I could now be persuaded just as a giant fvck you.
    I felt the same Norton. I did get my HQL but never used it to buy another handgun since. Just frustrated with the system and regulations they imposed on us citizens. Time to start looking again for me.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Ok we need some one to try to go buy a handgun real fast who does not have an hql. Do the 77r paper work and attach the decision as a document to the 77r paperwork.

edit just went to the 77r page and there is things to exempt someone from the hql, cop, mil ffl etc. I wonder what would happen if someone where print the 77r app out and walk it to the SP licensing division with a copy of the ruling

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    okay just prepped another 77r, there is at the end the ability to upload a document. I wonder what would happen of some wrote in something BS in the hql spot and uploaded the decision as a supporting document.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Someone would still have to setup a MSP account (with the stupid ever-expiring login credentials for no reason) and fill out the 77R ahead of time, get the PIN #, and the whole shebang, correct? Just no HQL requirement, right? Still a pain to someone that hasn’t already been doing this for years like we have. Still can’t simply walk into a LGS on a lark, pay $$$, complete the paperwork, and wait 7 days?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Someone would still have to setup a MSP account (with the stupid ever-expiring login credentials for no reason) and fill out the 77R ahead of time, get the PIN #, and the whole shebang, correct? Just no HQL requirement, right? Still a pain to someone that hasn’t already been doing this for years like we have. Still can’t simply walk into a LGS on a lark, pay $$$, complete the paperwork, and wait 7 days?
    Well, most LGS have some way for you to do the online 77R while you're standing there (a simple PC or a tablet, etc). But you have to be able to access your email to complete the cycle. The main point: no class to take elsewhere, at a range so you can shoot your one round, prints, the fee, etc. And no month to wait before your one week wait.

The number of people who can't tee up a 77R before they go shopping is very small indeed, and the LGS can help.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I am also a lay person. The decision was just released within the past hour. We will wait for our legal team to issue guidance
    Nothing changes until the court of appeals issues its mandate. Under the federal rules, the decision goes into effect in 21 days with the issuance of the Court's mandate. The State has 14 days to seek en banc review in the Fourth Circuit. If it does so, the mandate is stayed until such time as such a petition for rehearing is either denied or, if granted, after rehearing decision. And, course, the State may also seek review in the Supreme Court.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Well, most LGS have some way for you to do the online 77R while you're standing there (a simple PC or a tablet, etc). But you have to be able to access your email to complete the cycle. The main point: no class to take elsewhere, at a range so you can shoot your one round, prints, the fee, etc. And no month to wait before your one week wait.

The number of people who can't tee up a 77R before they go shopping is very small indeed, and the LGS can help.
    My brother isn’t a prohibited person, but never got the HQL, almost had him talked into getting his freebie via the Concealed Carry route. He still most likely won’t want to jump thru all the hoops of the online account, 77R permissions, etc... I’ll try to guide him thru it.

Last edited:

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Since I moved into the state with what MSP would have called an "arsenal" had I been pulled over on the way into the state, I have not purchased anything since moving behind enemy lines from the Free states Region.
    Got the HQL as a booby prize for getting a carry permit with no training due to my 40 year old DD214.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Nothing changes until the court of appeals issues its mandate. Under the federal rules, the decision goes into effect in 21 days with the issuance of the Court's mandate. The State has 14 days to seek en banc review in the Fourth Circuit. If it does so, the mandate is stayed until such time as such a petition for rehearing is either denied or, if granted, after rehearing decision. And, course, the State may also seek review in the Supreme Court.
    For MDAG to appeal this to SCOTUS would be like me asking my wife for permission to buy a $12k long-range target rifle using the kids' college funds. The best result I could hope for would be for her to stand there with an angry look on her face, arms crossed, and refusing to state an opinion on the matter. It would only go downhill from there if she actually issued any sort of opinion :shocked4: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom