• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rusty

Dec 3, 2015
    Frederick
    I recently got a new VZ-2008, and I've noticed that after locking the bolt back, the very slightest nudge or tug will release the bolt, I've even found that a bump to the back of the receiver cover will send the bolt flying forward. Not only do I see this as a safety probelm, but I can't use stripper clips with it, as the toward pressure+some slight side pressure releases the bolt and jams the the rounds and clip.

Anyone know a fix for this? I figure a new bolt catch+spring are in order, but could the problem be solved without spending more money on parts. Is there even a fix or am I gonna have to learn to live with it?

Heres a pic of the VZ, sorry purists, the front half came tacticool. I figured I'd finish the job and get rid of that horrible folding stock! Lot of people have told me it's ugly but i personally like the looks!
    20170423_085222.jpg

Oj Baltimore

Jul 19, 2016
    You may need to send it back to Century Arms. I had to send my VZ back via FoxFirearms. It worked out well. My Vz had the common dead trigger problem.

Rusty

Dec 3, 2015
    Frederick
    You may need to send it back to Century Arms. I had to send my VZ back via FoxFirearms. It worked out well. My Vz had the common dead trigger problem.

I'd rather not, I havent heard great things about Century arms Customer service or their warranties. I'm guessing I'll have to pay for shipping and such? FoxFirearms is how i bought mine also.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Is it with all of your magazines or just one or two? I maybe that the magazine follower is not putting enough pressure on the bolt hold open.
    I bought some used magazines from Midway and one of them would not hold the bolt open when empty.
    I swapped the follower with one from another magazine and then they both worked fine on holding the bolt open.
    Also make sure that the bolt release button, the little square one opposite the mag release on the bottom right of the receiver, is free to move easily and has good spring tension.

Rusty

Dec 3, 2015
    Frederick
    After further testing

A. many times the clip itself is not lining up with the grooves(forgotten correct term) ofcourse this results in nothing feeding properly
    b.trying removing the clip after loading will sometimes release the bolt too early. possibly due to poor stripper clips.
    c. pushing the rounds down will sometimes release the bolt mid feed.

Im using those cheap aftermarket NcStar clips, they work great in my sks. though they are slow to load with my vz. Rather upset, because I've always considered this a cool feature

Is it with all of your magazines or just one or two? I maybe that the magazine follower is not putting enough pressure on the bolt hold open.
    I bought some used magazines from Midway and one of them would not hold the bolt open when empty.
    I swapped the follower with one from another magazine and then they both worked fine on holding the bolt open.
    Also make sure that the bolt release button, the little square one opposite the mag release on the bottom right of the receiver, is free to move easily and has good spring tension.

all of my mags seem to have this probelm

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom