• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I put my paperwork in on 12/31 got a call today saying msp said they never got it and I need to fill out a new one!!!!!!!! Fek me!

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I'll prolly need to "re-group". Filled paperwork out on 1/11 at 'the Gun Shop'.At the time,they didn't have their Gen 4 Glocks in yet. I "supposedly" bought a model 27.I'm told by those who know that the paperwork needs to have a firearm's serial number with it, when it's submitted.SOOOO, my paperwork SITS untill their new Glocks arrive?:confused:

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    It's been 24 days (18 business days) since my purchase. Still no word...

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I put paperwork in on the 11th and it came back on the 5th. I will be busy until the 9th, so now the wait is on me. Still waiting on paperwork from the 18th thou. Maybe next week.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I'm sure that MSP is busy, but it seems to me that the lengthy wait time is beginning to look like a stall tactic. Especially if the paperwork is only good for 30 days.

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    That is no good, I'm over 30 days.

I agree that is really not good. It seems like stu got caught up in the same problem that I did. My paperwork was sent in on 12/29. When the store (Anglers - in Annapolis) called 3 weeks later, MSP told them they didn't have it. Anglers sent them the fax confirmation sheet and supposedly a Sgt they deal with admitted there were issues with the SP fax machines for several days around that date. Anglers resubmitted the papers and was promised an expedited review. That was just more BS from MSP in that another 2 weeks have passed and still nothing. Anglers didn't mention anything about a 30 day limit. Last time I stopped by I had made up my mind to admit defeat by this idiotic state and get my money back but Charlie was so apologetic we decided to let it ride for a while longer.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    I inquired while at On Target this morning. They explained that they are getting in paperwork from Jan 9 now.

I put paperwork in for an M&P 40 at a shop in Frederick on Jan 16 and still waiting.

My wife put paperwork in today on a new Glock 19! I guess we may see that by April?

For those conspiracy folks, I found some paperwork for the General Assembly today where the DSP (Department of the State Police) state they are spending ten grand a week on overtime to process the paperwork and they estimate they are understaffed by 31 people to deal with the increase in demand! That's $520,000 cost in overtime for a year! I think they could afford to hire a dozen new people instead of paying for overtime!

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I agree that is really not good. It seems like stu got caught up in the same problem that I did. My paperwork was sent in on 12/29. When the store (Anglers - in Annapolis) called 3 weeks later, MSP told them they didn't have it. Anglers sent them the fax confirmation sheet and supposedly a Sgt they deal with admitted there were issues with the SP fax machines for several days around that date. Anglers resubmitted the papers and was promised an expedited review. That was just more BS from MSP in that another 2 weeks have passed and still nothing. Anglers didn't mention anything about a 30 day limit. Last time I stopped by I had made up my mind to admit defeat by this idiotic state and get my money back but Charlie was so apologetic we decided to let it ride for a while longer.

The ip may have been blowing smoke but I prefer to believe him when he said my paperwork has expired. They too faxed a confirmation but based on when the app was filled out they said my paperwork is now expired and i have to fill a new one out. Really pisses me off as if I can get a few bucks together I wanted to go get a wheel gun from engage but seeing how this ks working out I'm screwed. So given all the hold ups do I have to wait 30 from the date I take possession or 30 from my app or what? Should I decude to grab a wheel gun....

Infantry

Feb 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    I picked up in November and it took only 8 days. I'm 3 weeks into something I sent the paperwork in for in January. They are telling me at On Target that the wait is 30 days. I'm just going to pretend I didn't actually have anything sent in and will just enjoy the surprise when I get a call that it's approved. I may just buy another to keep the system up and running.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I agree that is really not good. It seems like stu got caught up in the same problem that I did. My paperwork was sent in on 12/29. When the store (Anglers - in Annapolis) called 3 weeks later, MSP told them they didn't have it. Anglers sent them the fax confirmation sheet and supposedly a Sgt they deal with admitted there were issues with the SP fax machines for several days around that date. Anglers resubmitted the papers and was promised an expedited review. That was just more BS from MSP in that another 2 weeks have passed and still nothing. Anglers didn't mention anything about a 30 day limit. Last time I stopped by I had made up my mind to admit defeat by this idiotic state and "get my money back" but Charlie was so apologetic we decided to let it ride for a while longer.

Problem with getting our money back (in my case anyway) is, there's a 15% charge. It'll cost me $82-92 to get out but it may come to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom