• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • captain-kate

BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2012
    Hollywood, MD
    FINALLLY got my clearance on an AR - been waiting since 10 January. My FFL told me that the MSP waited so long that my clearance is only good for a couple of days before it expires.

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    Problem with getting our money back (in my case anyway) is, there's a 15% charge. It'll cost me $82-92 to get out but it may come to that.

I didn't go into the details with Charlie about what I would get back. He just said he understood if I wanted to cancel the deal. My understanding is that SA had a big price increase after I "bought" this so they would probably be able to make even more if they sold it to someone else.

I'm hoping that one significant difference between stu's scenario and mine is that my forms were resubmitted to MSP within 30 days. If they have them, sit on them, and then say the 30 days have expired I'm going to be really pissed.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I checked again this morning, The Gun Shop in Essex is where I purchased. They had some paperwork come back from 1/10.

45-70

Jan 23, 2013
    North Central MD
    22 days on a PX4. Yesterday the dealer said 28 days up from 18 days when I submitted the paperwork. Seems the longer we go, the more days are added to the wait.

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    I'm doing everything I can at work to not explode -- despite my FFL saying they sent in the paperwork on December 29 and again on January 21 (when they determined that MSP didn't have it) -- I just had an e-mail exchange with the MSP in which they confirmed that the MSP still doesn't have any record of me.

I spoke with the owner of Anglers and simply said that I'll be in early tomorrow and either he or whomever is at the gun desk better have the chargeback form ready for me to sign to reverse the credit card charge - so I can get in and out of the store before there is an incident.

If anyone wants a black Springfield Armory 4.5" .40S&W - Anglers Sporting Goods has one - just don't plan on ever actually picking it up.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    My 30 days are up next week. I'm going back to The Gun Shop and see how much of my deposit (on a gun they didn't have) I'm able to get back. We'll end up in North Carolina in a couple years anyway so I'm really losing interest in jumping through Maryland's hoops.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    cmb, I think you were in there when I purchased. I stopped there today after work, mine is still not back. They are getting some back for 10,11,12. I purchased on 1/11 and my paperwork went in on 1/12.

Last edited:

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    My 30 days are up next week. I'm going back to The Gun Shop and see how much of my deposit (on a gun they didn't have) I'm able to get back. We'll end up in North Carolina in a couple years anyway so I'm really losing interest in jumping through Maryland's hoops.

Wait... You ordered it, it came in, your paperwork was submitted, and now you want to cancel the sale days before it is complete?

What firearm is this and when will you cancel it? I may want to be there to grab it!

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Shouldn't take more than 7 days. Ask your FFLs before you buy. By law there is no point in waiting more than that.

No FFL is going to release a regulated gun without the paperwork coming back. If it comes back disapproved, it's the FFL's ass on the line.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    I checked again this morning, The Gun Shop in Essex is where I purchased. They had some paperwork come back from 1/10.

Judging from other returns, I'd guess your paperwork will be back next Wednesday.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    No FFL is going to release a regulated gun without the paperwork coming back. If it comes back disapproved, it's the FFL's ass on the line.

That's not really true from what I understand. The FFL's follow that policy to stay in the state's good graces and make sure the guns are making it into the right hands, but legally after 7 days they can release the firearm to you unless they have gotten back paperwork that says disapproved. Same goes for private sales, read the copy of the legal paperwork you are given as a seller.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Don't know about other designated collectors but I'm still waiting on the "not disapproved" paperwork on a regulated handgun I purchased 1/12/2013. I'm not really worried about the paperwork since my FFL has already delivered the gun to me. I have had many purchases already approved, so unless the MSP has been directed to start disapproving the paper submissions I should have nothing to worry about. I would definitely feel better if the "not disapproved" paperwork came back though.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    I was wondering about that as well, if you use the same shop every time and are a designated collector I assume after 7 days some shops will let you take the gun home. Thought I submitted my paperwork on the 16th, turns out it was the 26th...which means another 2 week wait I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom