• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Madman

Jun 10, 2012
    I just drove from Leonardtown, MD to New Bern, NC and back this past week. I stopped at every Walmart I passed on the way down and back looking for ammo. They were all pretty much wiped out except for some 12ga/20ga.

canuckboy

Aug 27, 2010
    I was at Walmart in Lavale this morning. There was not a single box of ammo left in their ammo cases. Not one box. Nothing. There were still shotgun shells on the shelf, but that was it. I was there on Sunday and it was picked over pretty good, but there was still some ammo left. Today, nothing. There was nobody around that I could ask what was going on. I don't know what is going on. Are they getting out of the ammo business or is it just panic / Christmas buying? Is it like this at all the Walmarts or just this one?

Same with Westminster...

WESTMD

Member 2006
    Feb 19, 2006
    Far Far Away in W/MD
    I live in GC and can go to Cumberland or Morgantown WV in about the same amount of time. It is the same in Morgantown. Dicks had a sale last week and by the time I got the flyer and drove to Morgantown they were sold out of 7.62 x 39 and .223. I went to both Walmarts in Morgantown and both were picked clean. Is this the new normal?? I guess I am lucky that in Dec that I purchased a boat load of ammo on line at Cabela's

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    Bought 1000 rds of cci mini mag from Owings Mills yesterday, that was all of 22lr. There was plenty of .3006 and 270 but no .308

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I went there this morning and scored a 250 rd box of UMC 115g 9mm for $62. Me and one other guy bought the only 2 there at the time. There was also 165 and 180 .40 S&W available and some .45 Auto.
    And no WM is not getting out of the ammo business. With supplies so low they are rationing the limited supplies they are getting so each WM has some new ammo every now and then. Spreading it out as much as possible.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I'm going for the win...

Sandusky Ohio Walmart, I scored 1000 rounds of 9 mm and 3000 rounds or .22.

The funny thing is that none of it is for me, hell I don't even own a 9mm...lol. I picked it up for othe peolpe

Silicon

g33k
    Aug 27, 2011
    Hagertucky / Hagerbush
    Hagerstown Walmart has some oddball stuff. Rifle rounds that are not AR/AK rounds are pretty plentiful. Only 20ga and 410 shotgun shells. 40S&W on the pistol side. I bought some 20ga for my mom's shot gun, but walked away with noting else.

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    Hagerstown Walmart has some oddball stuff. Rifle rounds that are not AR/AK rounds are pretty plentiful. Only 20ga and 410 shotgun shells. 40S&W on the pistol side. I bought some 20ga for my mom's shot gun, but walked away with noting else.

do you happen to recall what 40S&W they have

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom