• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    And sometimes small businesses. The Super Walmart in Lansdowne sells ammunition, but doesn't sell guns because Clyde's is just around the corner. They put up a big fight, so Walmart agreed not to sell firearms. The Super Walmart's also tend to get resistance from grocery stores.

And no offense to Clyde's, Walmart could give a rats ass about their business or how their store would impact them.

EvilOlive

Salty Marine
    Dec 13, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    The important thing is that it's a WallyMart policy, not imposed by the state (yet). Although, I would much prefer to support a local small business, or even a large internet (but tiny compared to the Walton empire) store before I bought weapons at Walmart. Too much of what they sell lines the pockets of China.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    The important thing is that it's a WallyMart policy, not imposed by the state (yet). Although, I would much prefer to support a local small business, or even a large internet (but tiny compared to the Walton empire) store before I bought weapons at Walmart. Too much of what they sell lines the pockets of China.

What's funny is that we are the ones lining the pockets of Chinese manufacturers. American companies with offices in China dictating production costs to the Chinese is how we've come to this.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    Just an FYI.. I went to my local Walmart (Mount Airy), and asked if I could order a rifle. He asked which one.. I said any of the AR platforms. The associate said Walmarts Maryland policy was not to carry AR's, or similar, just as they do not carry handguns.. When asked about the non-regulated S&W MP 15-22, the associate said that it could not be ordered to a MD store.. This was because the FFL is different for regulator vs non-regulated. I reminded him that the S&W model was non regulated. He said you will have to take your business elsewhere...
    I read on a different thread that Hampstead WM will order AR's. I was given the same speach at Mt Airy Walmart. I also suspect that some (salesmen) are giving inside info. to their butt buddies.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Actually they limit the firearms in MD based on political demographics. They sell in the Baltimore market out of Glen Burnie based on sales history. 10 years ago all Walmarts carried firearms and ammo, now in these type of markets they select an individual store to carry firearms while most still carry ammo and accessories.

I never said they didn't. This information is well known.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom