Want to test the waters of 5.7x28mm for cheap?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • [Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Finally got around to picking this up. Probably should have bought a black slide. I’m scared I might lose it if I drop it in the grass. :/

The trigger reminds me of the Hellcat when I tried it out. A hard wall with a distinct snap.

I have no idea where the blemish is.

6C337D9F-8551-4852-B688-BA7C7F939E5F.jpeg
    A8B39D00-5A95-4DE4-9768-58CEA668D98B.jpeg

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Finally got around to picking this up. Probably should have bought a black slide. I’m scared I might lose it if I drop it in the grass. :/

The trigger reminds me of the Hellcat when I tried it out. A hard wall with a distinct snap.

I have no idea where the blemish is.

View attachment 414921 View attachment 414922
    The blem is on your review! Have you shot it yet, and how do you like it?

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    The blem is on your review! Have you shot it yet, and how do you like it?
    I haven't. Still need to get some magazines. I've been busy with kid sports the last month and a half.

There is a small circle just above the mag release that wasn't buffed out. Maybe that was it.

Hopefully I'll be taking it out in about a month.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I haven't. Still need to get some magazines. I've been busy with kid sports the last month and a half.

There is a small circle just above the mag release that wasn't buffed out. Maybe that was it.

Hopefully I'll be taking it out in about a month.
    Looking forward to the range review!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It's not just about FPE, it is about bullet shape, platform capacity, sights and weight. You can't put optics on a Tok or CZ and their sights are both pretty basic. The bullet shape of the 7.62 Tok won't penetrate Kevlar and you won't get a pointed bullet to feed in either of those guns. Additionally, while the Tok is not too heavy, the CZ is a boat anchor and they both carry 8 rounds max as I recall but the FN pistol and carbine can carry lots of ammo and are lightweight to boot.

This isn't all academic. A friend in a government agency used the cartridge in covert ops in Iraq and gave first hand reports of how well it worked. While I have no interest in shooting paper with one, I think it is a good fit for today's modern warfare.
    Come to the M57 my friend, 9 rounds of Commie superiority.

And the penetration capability is a depends, most of the hot 7.62x25mm will penetrate level II Kevlar. It is less about bullet shape than it is a .30 versus a .22 diameter bullet and the higher velocity of the 5.7. Additionally, 5.7 "armor penetrating" rounds use SS190 Steel and aluminum 31gr bullet traveling at around 2350fps. The "civilian" 5.7 types will generally not penetrate IIIa kevlar armor (I won't say never).

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    @Kev308 did you ever buy those mags?
    I did about a month ago. I went to the range a couple weeks ago and they were closed for some reason. I went last weekend to work on a hunting rifle and ran out of time and didn't get to try it out. Hopefully tomorrow.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Finally got time to try the pistol out yesterday. As expected it had really light recoil and was very accurate. The ergonomics of the grip felt nice. It is a big pistol. This is the first pistol I have ever shot with a dot sight. It was a very interesting experience. I’m not a great shot and this gun will probably get a lot of use. Watching the mistakes in trigger pull and recoil anticipation is really apparent when shooting with a dot. Once I settled down it was point and shoot within an inch or two at 40ft. It also seemed the trigger lightened up a bit after a 100 rnds.

I’m really hoping PSA follows the path of Ruger and comes out with a carbine that uses the same mags.

F4F5FB27-47C7-4AF4-BD85-CE389D657611.jpeg

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    PSA has a 10-pack on 23 round mags for the Rock 5.7 for $169 and free shipping. For out-of-state folks of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom