• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Friend of mine's 10 year old son is helping me with some manual labor around the house. It'll be a few days worth. In an attempt to teach him how to barter etc I've left it to him to negotiate a rate or to barter for his time. He likes shooting a lot, has a CZ cadet.

I was thinking about hunting down a used G44 or SR22 or similar to make his payment if he chooses that route. But it'd have to be cheap both for my sake as well as his father's pride.

Don't need a lecture about how transfer laws work. I know the drill.

Anyone out there have one collecting dust?

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    Friend of mine's 10 year old son is helping me with some manual labor around the house. It'll be a few days worth. In an attempt to teach him how to barter etc I've left it to him to negotiate a rate or to barter for his time. He likes shooting a lot, has a CZ cadet.

I was thinking about hunting down a used G44 or SR22 or similar to make his payment if he chooses that route. But it'd have to be cheap both for my sake as well as his father's pride.

Don't need a lecture about how transfer laws work. I know the drill.

Anyone out there have one collecting dust?
    What about one of those heritage .22 SAA clones? They are like $120-$150 and have good reviews from what I've seen.

It's on my short list later this year when I'm no longer a MD resident...

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    In that case, the Ruger Wrangler is good too... Just a little more expensive. I think more like $200-220.

I actually like the way the Heritage looks more... But won't deny Ruger probably makes a more consistently better quality gun.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    In that case, the Ruger Wrangler is good too... Just a little more expensive. I think more like $200-220.

I actually like the way the Heritage looks more... But won't deny Ruger probably makes a more consistently better quality gun.
    The wranglers are nice. I saw a couple last week in the very low 200s like 210ish. One was 196 even.

goldcup1911

MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2011
    Actually not a bad idea. He liked my Single Six
    Bass Pro has a dual cylinder .22 LR/.22Mag Heritage on Father's Day Sale now for $139.00. Several reviewers like Heritage over the Ruger Wrangler, except for the weird Safety on the Heritage.

Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY
    My dad has a rough rider with both cylinders. It’s more like my single six with features. I will say I have a wrangler for my kids and the quality of the ruger wrangler I think is lower than that of the heritage rough rider. Neither compare to my single six though in quality and finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Can I come work on your house ??
    Marlin 39A
    Ruger Mini-14
    CZ PCR
    44 mag carbine

That should get you a days labor :)

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Can I come work on your house ??
    Marlin 39A
    Ruger Mini-14
    CZ PCR
    44 mag carbine

That should get you a days labor :)
    I have none of those unfortunately...

I tried to teach him how to negotiate for salary. He started at $2 an hour. Didn't understand that he should negotiate down from a high first ask...

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Can always get the kid some ammo too! My friend let me store some stuff at their house and their kids helped carry it in and out so as payment I gave the kid a bucket of 22 golden bullets. Him and his dad should have 1600rds of fun now.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Bass Pro has a dual cylinder .22 LR/.22Mag Heritage on Father's Day Sale now for $139.00. Several reviewers like Heritage over the Ruger Wrangler, except for the weird Safety on the Heritage.

Good way to spot the reviewers taking kickbacks.

When the Heritage was selling for $130 , it was noteworthy for the screaming deal .

As the price has creeped back up to $180- ish , just spend the extra $20- 30 for the Wrangler .

But head to head , with $ not considered .........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom