• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    The sole biggest problem is the drug dealers/criminals/gang members killing each other and it never ever gets mentioned. Eliminate that equation and very few people are killed by violence. Politicians are scared to even go there!

Because unlike us, the dealers WILL target legislators who make their life hell.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    If Newtown didnt happen this and any other gun control bill wouldn't be talked about. They just feel the NEED to do something

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I prefer Constitutional Carry, screw the shall issue BS. In VT, anyone can open or CC without a permit, even non residents, and they have one of the lowest crime rates in the nation.

****Yes. But Vermont also does not have a significant gang problem as we do here, nor the size or number of inner cities with all of their violence and dysfunction either. I won't even go into the politically incorrect issue about racial make up of that state nor the number of children born out of wedlock, high school graduation rates, church attendance and a whole host of other issues that play into the gun violence issue, and crime rates in general.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This may be the stupidest quote when the Moms were told "there is always next year"

Baltimore resident Mary Jo Kirschman, 66, of Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence, shot back: “But that’s another year of murders.”

Ron White was right. You can't fix stupid.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Wrong! Compromise is why we are where we are. NO MORE COMPROMISE!!!
    Our freedom and liberty are "compromised" away a little at a time year by year. Infringing the law abiding citizen is not the answer for "safety or common sense".

Yeah, and then I think about the 16 year old that just shot his 12 year old brother to death because he thought he was an intruder. Yeah, I am fine with the 4 hours of education for buying a handgun. Not enough parents teach their kids properly, which is the huge issue with our society, and that pertains to the handling of guns too.

Edit to add: Before this even started, I was preaching that firearm training should be a mandatory class in high school before somebody reaches the legal age to buy one.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Yeah, and then I think about the 16 year old that just shot his 12 year old brother to death because he thought he was an intruder. Yeah, I am fine with the 4 hours of education for buying a handgun. Not enough parents teach their kids properly, which is the huge issue with our society, and that pertains to the handling of guns too.

Edit to add: Before this even started, I was preaching that firearm training should be a mandatory class in high school before somebody reaches the legal age to buy one.

I'm not familiar with this story, do you have a link?

In general, I don't see how requiring more education from me will translate into preventing the incident you described.

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    Wrong! Compromise is why we are where we are. NO MORE COMPROMISE!!!
    Our freedom and liberty are "compromised" away a little at a time year by year. Infringing the law abiding citizen is not the answer for "safety or common sense".

So very much this. Don't not give an inch, because the politicians will bend you over and give you 12 inches in return.

Jan 28, 2013
    We need to do more outreach and education. The Washington Post and other influential media outlets have a monopoly on the supply of information in our region, and they are using it to push propaganda. When we go on the attack against people who they've misled, we're not correcting the misinformation.

The Washington Post has seriously breached journalistic integrity on this issue. They have reached the level of disinformation, deliberately misinforming their readers in order to promote their agenda against gun ownership. This report talks about a ban on "assault rifles", further perpetuating the myth that semi-automatic rifles are military weapons. A spoiler on a Honda doesn't turn it into a Lamborghini, it's ridiculous to equate cosmetic features with how a gun functions.

Their propaganda is easy to refute. Don't get angry at the people who have no exposure to better information.

Why do politicians make things so complicated? The law is supposed to be on our side therefore we don't need to compromise. Shall not be infringed! Seems pretty simple to me. You infringe you're a traitor, if you're a traitor you get shot or better yet hung. End of story. Hey owemalley and all your cronies the line forms to the right.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Why do politicians make things so complicated? The law is supposed to be on our side therefore we don't need to compromise. Shall not be infringed! Seems pretty simple to me. You infringe you're a traitor, if you're a traitor you get shot or better yet hung. End of story. Hey owemalley and all your cronies the line forms to the right.

true, but this whole constitution thing is new to them (only a few years old, since Heller). Even the courts are still unsure what standard(s) of review to apply. It will take some more slapping to get some sense into them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom