• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    If you have an HQL you shouldn’t need training classes to get a permit. How are they going to tell you that they gave you a license to buy a handgun but they don’t trust you to carry it?
    Different training though. Just speaking out loud..

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    DNC better tell their constituents to stop preying on the innocents or there’ll be a lot less of them to stuff the ballot boxes.

BurtonRW

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    The same way that they can certify me as an HQL instructor but still require me to get an HQL (which I have refused to do) in order to buy another firearm.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    They will have to issue permits. NY was made to understand not issuing them is not an option.

If I don’t get mine, I sue. Including the head of the licensing division who will lose qualified immunity for denying me an enumerated right.
    Since the session has ended couldn’t (better word is should) tell the MSP superintendent to accept Self Defense???

the critters can’t do jack about it

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    They will have to issue permits. NY was made to understand not issuing them is not an option.

If I don’t get mine, I sue. Including the head of the licensing division who will lose qualified immunity for denying me an enumerated right.
    Of course they will HAVE to... but it's the MGA and MSP.

I have zero faith in either of them just saying, "Oh, OK, we were wrong", especially if Franchot or Perez get the Big Chair.

I can't see this being cut-and-dried. I hope I'm wrong but, having been in the trenches during the 2013 madness, and the 2014/18 MGA races, I have doubts.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Since the session has ended couldn’t (better word is should) tell the MSP superintendent to accept Self Defense???

the critters can’t do jack about it
    I think that’s what they’ll do. They have a permit scheme. Just make self defense a valid reason.

Can’t wait to see the handwringing from the MGA!

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    My fortune cookie today
    952ABC7B-F60C-432E-82D3-FFA70928B10C.jpeg

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Right. Everyone celebrated Heller 2009 then we got bi+€h slapped with 2013.
    How can Maryland still require a HQL to purchase an item which is, by SCOTUS ruling, that person’s COTUS right to carry?

Bye bye 2013. Bye bye HQL.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Ok - so what does this mean for us Marylanders. Can I now apply and get a CCW?
    A good and substantial reason is no longer a reason to deny your CCW.

My guess is that licensing is the next thing to be litigated. Should people have to pay money and be licensed to exercise a Constitutional Right? CCW, HQL. Wish they would do away with both licensing schemes that are barriers to exercising one's Right.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A good and substantial reason is no longer a reason to deny your CCW.

My guess is that licensing is the next thing to be litigated. Should people have to pay money and be licensed to exercise a Constitutional Right? CCW, HQL. Wish they would do away with both licensing schemes that are barriers to exercising one's Right.
    Agree. These will be long arguments.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

I agree. I just texted somebody that the first person denied a CCW in Maryland because of a lack of good and substantial should file suit immediately. He was asking if Hogan will change the requirement overnight. Told him that Hogan should. He think that Hogan will drag his feet. Personally, I think this gives Hogan a reason to change it overnight and I am guessing, based upon Hogan's relaxation of CCW requirements for business owners, that Hogan wants to change it overnight. We shall see what Hogan does.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I agree. I just texted somebody that the first person denied a CCW in Maryland because of a lack of good and substantial should file suit immediately. He was asking if Hogan will change the requirement overnight. Told him that Hogan should. He think that Hogan will drag his feet. Personally, I think this gives Hogan a reason to change it overnight and I am guessing, based upon Hogan's relaxation of CCW requirements for business owners, that Hogan wants to change it overnight. We shall see what Hogan does.
    My application is ready. I just need prints. I’ll get those Tuesday.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    The same way that they can certify me as an HQL instructor but still require me to get an HQL (which I have refused to do) in order to buy another firearm.
    Believe you can buy another firearm without an HQL. The firearm just cannot be a handgun.

I am with you on the HQL. I will not get it. Was hoping to make some more handguns for myself over time, but that option has gone out the window with the recent ghost gun bill unless I do a CNC frame from a block of aluminum.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    How can Maryland still require a HQL to purchase an item which is, by SCOTUS ruling, that person’s COTUS right to carry?

Bye bye 2013. Bye bye HQL.

Hasn’t the HQL already been challenged and it held up? Maybe that was in the state court so this fed ruling changes things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom