• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I've been keeping a box of nitrile gloves in my car, along with a small bottle of hand sanitizer.

I've been taking and throwing a cap full or two of Lysol into a sandwich bag with a 1/2 paper towel. Cost effective wipes for the cart, them mopping down anything else that needs to be done when going back to the car.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I've been taking and throwing a cap full or two of Lysol into a sandwich bag with a 1/2 paper towel. Cost effective wipes for the cart, them mopping down anything else that needs to be done when going back to the car.

I know some people that are putting baby wipes in a baggie with some alcohol.
    Are you making a fresh batch every time you go out or keeping some in the car? I read somewhere that the paper towels breakdown pretty fast.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I ordered a bunch of food from therestaurantstore.com They have many stores across the country. You can either order online and pick it up, or have it shipped. The closest store is in District Heights there is also one in Baltimore. Playing with the shopping cart, I’ve found that if your order is large enough it will be shipped by truck, otherwise it will be shipped by fedex. My order was shipped from Lancaster Pa. Any refrigerated supplies is shipped on certain day’s of the week. I’m not sure how that is shipped because everything I got is shelf stable. I ordered on Thursday and it showed up on Saturday.

I ended up getting cans of vegetables and black beans that I was not able to get locally. I also got a 50 pound bag of rice and also pasta. The cans are big #10 size, so it is not somewhat not ideal. I also got a case of burrito wrappers.
    I would like to try their frozen meats and vegetables next time when I have space in a freezer.

Good find!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I know some people that are putting baby wipes in a baggie with some alcohol.
    Are you making a fresh batch every time you go out or keeping some in the car? I read somewhere that the paper towels breakdown pretty fast.

I just do one for every time I go out, then trash it.

I've left the yard exactly once in the last week. I predict I will do three run outs this week on three different days for a curbside pickup at the hardware store, grocery store and liquor store in that order.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I spent several hours cutting up old BDUs and sewing them back together. I used this pattern from Kaiser Permanente:

I can see the gap on either side of your nose.

So very little protection for you. It will help prevent you from infecting others.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    Emergen c, going to have to replace all quikclot packs in ifak and medical supplies.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you have an HSA or FSA account, the CARES Act removed the requirement to have a prescription in order to use it to purchase first aid supplies. I’m going through my medical supplies and purchasing replacements for anything expired/expiring and augmenting with new and better stuff. I may even get another STOMP kit and an AED.

I wish they would’ve removed the clause about first aid training classes being non-eligible expenses. I could always use more of those.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    If you have an HSA or FSA account, the CARES Act removed the requirement to have a prescription in order to use it to purchase first aid supplies. I’m going through my medical supplies and purchasing replacements for anything expired/expiring and augmenting with new and better stuff. I may even get another STOMP kit and an AED.

I wish they would’ve removed the clause about first aid training classes being non-eligible expenses. I could always use more of those.
    All mine was purchased with a FSA at my old job. Now i have an HSA, didnt know the care act changed that. Thanks for the info.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County

Quick search says 5 OTC now eligible for hsa
    NSAIDs
    Cold/flu
    Allergy products
    Heartburn
    Menstrual products.

Still restrictive on hsa.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    For going to the gas station or even running into the store where I need to touch something I have been using a 1000 count doggie doody bags for single use and throw away contactless and prevents me from dragging the germs from place to place which is what happens when people leave their gloves on all day going about their business. The doody bags are already rolled up in 100 count sheets and are great. They are even available at the dollar store in smaller counts and get the job done just as well.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    Quick search says 5 OTC now eligible for hsa
    NSAIDs
    Cold/flu
    Allergy products
    Heartburn
    Menstrual products.

Still restrictive on hsa.

Damn internet. Thanks for the research. The article I had read said it was everything and added menstrual products for the first time.

Maybe Quikclot could be considered a menstrual product? :)

Last edited:

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    So i went to the fsa website i used to spend my fsa before I'd lose it. Went to chat session and they say i can use my hsa. So im going to order some stuff and see what happens.

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    A case of Keystone Turkey. Tastes great. 9 ounces of actual meat per can once the broth is drained off.

Attachments

• 470FBDEA-04B9-40A7-92EC-3818DE7E7E60.jpg
      470FBDEA-04B9-40A7-92EC-3818DE7E7E60.jpg
      52.8 KB · Views: 297

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom