Mine I got in my early 20s

S&W.jpg

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Daisy air pump something or other. Think I remeber the damn number? I had to be like 12.

MTplinker

Dec 30, 2021
    Annapolis
    Plastic-stocked Daisy lever action BB gun with the annoying safety that always put it on safe after you cocked it. Talk about muscle memory- to this day I’ll thumb it off every time. My first target was a trash can lid at the old cabin, which I could hit most of the time.

Could spot the BBs on their parabolic path. Learned to hold high to get stubborn soda cans to tip over.

DeadInside

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2022
    SOMD
    Daisy Red Rider, then Crosman 760...Then Sheridan Blue Streak 5mm,
    Yep a Sheridan was the goal for my next upgrade in airguns but got distracted with little league baseball, BMX, motocross, then girls and cars…and never got one. By the time I got back into shooting it was 22 rifles and my 9mm Taurus (Beretta 92 clone) instead of air guns.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Mine I got in my early 20s

P4100047.JPG

Outrider, I had (and still have) a S&W Model 78G. I was about 15 when I bought as my first "firearm" with earnings from delivering the Washington Post in Prince Georges County. It's a decent target airgun, but the seals don't seem to last.

One interesting anecdote... In high school, my physics teacher encouraged his students to experiment. One of the pieces of equipment in the physics lab was an air-track that could be used to teach about dynamics of motion. I convinced him to let me do an experiment to calculate the speed of the pellet based on an inelastic collision with a target. I attached a coffee can to the slider of the air-track, and set up a strobe camera to measure the velocity of the target after impact. Turns out the .22 pellet had a muzzle velocity of ~650 fps.

Can you imagine doing something like that today???

With encouragement like that, about a year later, I was applying to mechanical engineering programs for college.

JoeR

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    P4100047.JPG

Outrider, I had (and still have) a S&W Model 78G. I was about 15 when I bought as my first "firearm" with earnings from delivering the Washington Post in Prince Georges County. It's a decent target airgun, but the seals don't seem to last.

One interesting anecdote... In high school, my physics teacher encouraged his students to experiment. One of the pieces of equipment in the physics lab was an air-track that could be used to teach about dynamics of motion. I convinced him to let me do an experiment to calculate the speed of the pellet based on an inelastic collision with a target. I attached a coffee can to the slider of the air-track, and set up a strobe camera to measure the velocity of the target after impact. Turns out the .22 pellet had a muzzle velocity of ~650 fps.

Can you imagine doing something like that today???

With encouragement like that, about a year later, I was applying to mechanical engineering programs for college.

JoeR
    That's pretty cool!
    I bought a seal kit for mine a couple years ago but it didn't work. One of these days, I'll send it off to have it professionally rebuilt. It was a great mouse gun. I killed a bunch in my house when it was newly built 36 years ago. The old pasture land was full of field mice.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    A daisy pump air rifle that I had to share with my brother. Trust me, that just made things worse. ;)

Guessing something like this.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Daisy BB rifle.

When there were no BBs left… the insides were removed from the barrel, the barrel was jammed into the dirt, and when the trigger was pulled, a big cloud of “smoke” came out. Hey, I was six. It looked like gun smoke. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom