What's it worth? Pair of 36 cal pistols....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Uberti Pistols. Unfired, bought new. All the stuff you see in the picture comes with. No, this is not a clandestine offer to sell them. I have the opportunity to buy them and want to know a fair price.

Attachments

• IMG_7461.jpg
      IMG_7461.jpg
      50 KB · Views: 109
    • IMG_7459.jpg
      IMG_7459.jpg
      49.8 KB · Views: 108
    • IMG_7462.jpg
      IMG_7462.jpg
      44.4 KB · Views: 105
    • IMG_7460.jpg
      IMG_7460.jpg
      49.7 KB · Views: 103
    • IMG_7458.jpg
      IMG_7458.jpg
      47.7 KB · Views: 108
    • IMG_7457.jpg
      IMG_7457.jpg
      20.7 KB · Views: 108

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    The guns new will cost you north of $300 each on sale (think I got my Uberti Navy from Midway on sale for around $300 plus tax last fall). Probably $150 in supplies there.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    If someone just approached me and wanted to sell when I wasn't looking, I would give 525.00 for both pistols and the kit.

The offer was for $550 so looks like that is a fair deal. Not sure I will get them though. Not likely I would fire them much. I do like the pistols and would be nice to make a wall-hanger display but I don't really have $550 to burn for wall art.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    The offer was for $550 so looks like that is a fair deal. Not sure I will get them though. Not likely I would fire them much. I do like the pistols and would be nice to make a wall-hanger display but I don't really have $550 to burn for wall art.

In my estimation Uberti pistol quality has improved over the years. Any idea when these were made?

$550 may be fair price to pay for the right buyer but you don't need to offer a fair price for an item that you don't really want.

If the seller were to try to sell these to a gun shop he'd likely get much much less than $550.

My advice would be to make a lower offer that you would be thrilled with if the seller accepted. If it is not accepted just remind yourself that you didn't really want them anyway.

CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    Right now today i am auctioning to get the same pistol also unfired. Bid is at $380 and will certainly top 400 by close this evening.
    Times 2. Plus about 200 in accessories.
    Your looking at 1000 for that package value.
    At 550! Grab it, part it out on gunbroker and make a real nice profit.
    OR ask if he’ll sell me one of them for $250.

Last edited:

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    In my estimation Uberti pistol quality has improved over the years. Any idea when these were made?

$550 may be fair price to pay for the right buyer but you don't need to offer a fair price for an item that you don't really want.

If the seller were to try to sell these to a gun shop he'd likely get much much less than $550.

My advice would be to make a lower offer that you would be thrilled with if the seller accepted. If it is not accepted just remind yourself that you didn't really want them anyway.

Well it's my BIL selling it. He's not pressed to sell if I change my mind in a year he'll probably still have them. He has an SAA Uberti that I'd rather have anyway for about the same price. It comes with 45lc and 45acp barrels.

I suspect he got these maybe 5 years ago.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    There you go, half that kit it looks like you dont need even though they appear to be nice accessories for some shooters.
    I see you may have just posted they belong to BIL maybe?
    Just tell him to let you have them he doesn't shoot them enough anyway lol.
    Let him know you-ll give the back to him once you checked them out a bit.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Right now today i am auctioning to get the same pistol also unfired. Bid is at $380 and will certainly top 400 by close this evening.
    Times 2. Plus about 200 in accessories.
    Your looking at 1000 for that package value.
    At 550! Grab it, part it out on gunbroker and make a real nice profit.
    OR ask if he’ll sell me one of them for $250.

This is a good idea but would be bad form as it's my BIL. :beer:

CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    Uberti 1851 .36 Navy.
    I am seeing used some unfired around 380 - 400.
    But i can get one new in box for 340 today.
    In your opinion were they better built in the 70s, today, or the same?

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Uberti 1851 .36 Navy.
    I am seeing used some unfired around 380 - 400.
    But i can get one new in box for 340 today.
    In your opinion were they better built in the 70s, today, or the same?

In my opinion the old black powder revolvers (70's & 80's) in general were made from softer steels and were not made as well as today's guns. My limited experience 2 cents worth.

SASS/Cowboy action shooters shoot a lot. They are the people to ask when it comes to how black powder revolvers hold up when being shot regularly.

CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    In my opinion the old black powder revolvers (70's & 80's) in general were made from softer steels and were not made as well as today's guns. My limited experience 2 cents worth.

SASS/Cowboy action shooters shoot a lot. They are the people to ask when it comes to how black powder revolvers hold up when being shot regularly.
    Thanks reply. If i dont win today at auction i will definitely order new. The auction one has a steel squareback trigger guard. Very antiquey looking but it appears another bidder wants it more than me. Its at 380 and he keeps topping my bid, i near the limit, cant justify $60 more for used than i can get a brass oval in box new.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Thanks reply. If i dont win today at auction i will definitely order new. The auction one has a steel squareback trigger guard. Very antiquey looking but it appears another bidder wants it more than me. Its at 380 and he keeps topping my bid, i near the limit, cant justify $60 more for used than i can get a brass oval in box new.

Also possible the auction owner is bidding you up. I use esnipe for auctions and have it place my bid a few seconds before the auction closes.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!

Sounds like the original ones, especially the Colts. Every black powder gun degrades with use for the most part just becuase of the nature of the system(s).
    When you factor in maintenace and abuse, the sky's the limit for what people can do.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I would pay $550 for that lot no problem. You could shoot one when the itch struck and keep one for display. There is a guy on eBay that makes nice wood stands to display pistols.

I keep thinking about buying another Uberti 1851 for display but I really want an original… I was tempted at the MACA show but just couldn’t pull the trigger.

CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    Update- i came across this old thread, the bid was getting crazy for the 51 Colt Navy because of the squareback trigger. I dropped. Ended up with a brand new Uberti from M&M for $340. Oval brass trigger guard but have been to range a few times and it is my goto range pistol. Amazingly accurate. Far beyond my expectations.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Update- i came across this old thread, the bid was getting crazy for the 51 Colt Navy because of the squareback trigger. I dropped. Ended up with a brand new Uberti from M&M for $340. Oval brass trigger guard but have been to range a few times and it is my goto range pistol. Amazingly accurate. Far beyond my expectations.

Was it a 1971 colt commemorative? People pay a premium for those. The Robert E Lee one has a round trigger guard and the Gen Grant one has a square back if I remember.

People argue whether they are ‘real’ Colts but for a shooter or even a display piece, they are a step above the standard Uberti’s as I understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom