• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    You sure do have a way with words, Bolts :)

Thanks for all the life support through THAT experience.

Like I said it was like giving a moose a muffin. :)

Doesn't appear that Bolts is a mincer.

I'd like to think that we get along more as a community than we argue. At least that is what I have found. However, the clashes are like Clash of the Titans.

Still don't see why a couple of AGC members couldn't still take a couple guests to AGC. Maybe use two or three lanes for shooting bullets and the BS.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

I'd like to think that we get along more as a community than we argue. At least that is what I have found. However, the clashes are like Clash of the Titans.

Still don't see why a couple of AGC members couldn't still take a couple guests to AGC. Maybe use two or three lanes for shooting bullets and the BS

Me neither. But for God's sakes, whatever you do, DON'T AGREE TO USE THE GRILL - EVER!!!. :D. Apparently it has A LOT of (invisible) strings attached to it.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Me neither. But for God's sakes, whatever you do, DON'T AGREE TO USE THE GRILL - EVER!!!. :D. Apparently it has A LOT of (invisible) strings attached to it.

Did somebody want to shoot a grill? I nominate the grill for target practice at this point. Wish you guys had told me, because I had a good donor grill. Any grill that causes this many problems, deserves to be executed, especially if isn't cooking a mean t-bone and lobster tail combo. Worthless grill!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Did somebody want to shoot a grill? I nominate the grill for target practice at this point. Wish you guys had told me, because I had a good donor grill. Any grill that causes this many problems, deserves to be executed, especially if isn't cooking a mean t-bone and lobster tail combo. Worthless grill!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, nobody wanted to shoot the grill.

Here's what we should have done - and where it was going.... Members bring guests and come to my house afterwards for a cook out on my grill/bonfire (dirty steaks - oh yeah!!!), then I got the real hammer from someone about trying to circumvent the process. So I pulled the thread and sent my apology message out to all the folks that indicated interest. What a shame. Lesson learned.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Nope, nobody wanted to shoot the grill. Now that is definitely against the range rules.

Here's what we should Have done. Members bring guests and come to my house afterwards for a cook out on my grill, which was what I was trying to back it into when I got the real hammer from someone about trying to circumvent the process. So I pulled the thread and sent my apology message out to all the folks that indicated interest. What a shame. Lesson learned.

And there you have it. Was wondering why this was such a big deal and was going to offer my place for the cookout. We are both pretty close to AGC, so it shouldn't be a problem to have people over for a cookout after the shooting. How something so simple as some AGC members bringing MdShooter guests to AGC for some shooting is beyond me, but I guess it can happen once you throw in the grill. lol

If this doesn't happen this month, maybe we can put something together in September, even October.

Bolts just PM'ed me and I think I am going to join the Greenbelt Gun Club since I do a lot more shotgun shooting than rifle/pistol. Going to have to beg somebody on here to sponsor me. lol

This thread is almost like the one started in the shotgun forum about closing down PG Trap & Skeet because it does not allow people to use pistol grip stocks while shooting clays.

Can't we all just get along? lol

Edit to add: There is a very nice park just south of AGC on Marriotsville Road. My kids' pre-school has had field trips there and they have pavilions for picnics with charcoal grills. Might have to rent them out, but the park is really nice.

Feb 28, 2013
    Nope, nobody wanted to shoot the grill.

Here's what we should have done - and where it was going.... Members bring guests and come to my house afterwards for a cook out on my grill/bonfire (dirty steaks - oh yeah!!!), then I got the real hammer from someone about trying to circumvent the process. So I pulled the thread and sent my apology message out to all the folks that indicated interest. What a shame. Lesson learned.

If the grill had anything to do with a good plan getting shitted up, then I wanna shoot the damn grill.:mad54:

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    You sure do have a way with words, Bolts :)

Thanks for all the life support through THAT experience.

Like I said it was like giving a moose a muffin. :)

Yep, I just gotta use nicer ones at work and I'm not allowed to drop verbal nukes there either but the occasional verbal/written hand grenade is OK. But then you know what reputation I have there. ;)

You're welcome!

Well some people just couldn't help dropping some kind of pasture muffins all over a nice idea.

Still don't see why a couple of AGC members couldn't still take a couple guests to AGC. Maybe use two or three lanes for shooting bullets and the BS.

Nope, I rarely mince words but I'm far less polite outside work. At work or out here I have no problem calling out idiots, jackasses, meddlers, anal retentive nervous Nellies or incompetents; I just have to be a little nicer about it at work.

What was originally planned was well within AGC guest rules, it just happened to be loosely organized. So what if 20 folks from MDS bring guests on a specific day, I guarantee you there are at least 40 AGC members with guests on any given weekend day (generally spread across the day). Perfectly within the rules to bring guests as long as 1- the member is responsible for their actions, 2- one lane/member, 3- one person/lane shooting, 4- there is no maximum number of guests in the rules. Personally I only like to have two guests as a maximum at any one time. But some people just had to meddle (see previous about assumptive meddling jackasses) because apparently responsible adults can't be trusted to do what they have done numerous times in the past individually because THIS time it's planned and semi-organized so the nervous Nellies just have to go into nanny state mode. Not like some of us haven't coordinated with 3-5 other AGC members before to bring a few guests to bring new folks into shooting or newish folks together to try different guns......and coincidentally gotten a few of those folks to become AGC members and in most cases 2A supporters.

Can I drop a moose muffin on the grill?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Yep, I just gotta use nicer ones at work and I'm not allowed to drop verbal nukes there either but the occasional verbal/written hand grenade is OK. But then you know what reputation I have there. ;)

You're welcome!

Well some people just couldn't help dropping some kind of pasture muffins all over a nice idea.

Nope, I rarely mince words but I'm far less polite outside work. At work or out here I have no problem calling out idiots, jackasses, meddlers, anal retentive nervous Nellies or incompetents; I just have to be a little nicer about it at work.

What was originally planned was well within AGC guest rules, it just happened to be loosely organized. So what if 20 folks from MDS bring guests on a specific day, I guarantee you there are at least 40 AGC members with guests on any given weekend day (generally spread across the day). Perfectly within the rules to bring guests as long as 1- the member is responsible for their actions, 2- one lane/member, 3- one person/lane shooting, 4- there is no maximum number of guests in the rules. Personally I only like to have two guests as a maximum at any one time. But some people just had to meddle (see previous about assumptive meddling jackasses) because apparently responsible adults can't be trusted to do what they have done numerous times in the past individually because THIS time it's planned and semi-organized so the nervous Nellies just have to go into nanny state mode. Not like some of us haven't coordinated with 3-5 other AGC members before to bring a few guests to bring new folks into shooting or newish folks together to try different guns......and coincidentally gotten a few of those folks to become AGC members and in most cases 2A supporters.

Can I drop a moose muffin on the grill?

First rule of fight club, don't talk about fight club on a public chatboard. Still see no reason why some of us cannot get together to shoot at AGC one day.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I must have missed something because any AGC Badge holder has the right to bring a guest(s) anytime they want, as long as they take responsibility for them.

Feb 28, 2013
    I must have missed something because any AGC Badge holder has the right to bring a guest(s) anytime they want, as long as they take responsibility for them.

That's what I thought. But apparently someone somewhere doesn't like it when it's announced. :sad20:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Apparently the dipshits don't want to allow anybody to use a "grill" b'cuz they don't have any NRA qualified "grill" RSO's, er, umm, I mean GSO's (Grill Safety Officers)

You can shoot the grill, but only at 100 yards, and only with .22 RF.

Do you have to carry it or is rolling it out allowed?

I didn't know they allowed people to shoot at moving targets there with rifles.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    So, am I getting a muffin or not?:D

Next May, you betcha. Eggs, bacon and cheese work for ya? Oh, I bet you'll want a cookie then, huh? ;)

Maybe some milk to wash it down.

I am NOT letting you borrow my sweater though... Hehe. Since I know you only wear Hawaiian shirts regardless of the weather, I know you'll be up to no good.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Next May, you betcha. Eggs, bacon and cheese work for ya? Oh, I bet you'll want a cookie then, huh? ;)

Maybe some milk to wash it down.

I am NOT letting you borrow my sweater though... Hehe. Since I know you only wear Hawaiian shirts regardless of the weather, I know you'll be up to no good.

Up to no good is my middle name. Yeah I know, it is a long middle name.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom