• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter88

Aug 21, 2013
    Hello all, where are some good places to buy reloading stuff? Specifically bullets, powder, etc. I have always gone to Bass Pro at Arundel Mills, however have found they can be hit or miss in having exactly what I need. Any other good places? I am located in Anne Arundel but am willing to drive if the selection is good enough. Thanks.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I would suggest calling Bob at Maryland ReloadR in Pomfret. 301-934-6213. Call first. He is an older man and you don't want to go all that way for no reason. Many on here will tell you the same thing. He knows it all. Be prepared, he is a talker. Great guy. My other recommendation would be Cabela's in DE.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I would suggest calling Bob at Maryland ReloadR in Pomfret. 301-934-6213. Call first. He is an older man and you don't want to go all that way for no reason. Many on here will tell you the same thing. He knows it all. Be prepared, he is a talker. Great guy. My other recommendation would be Cabela's in DE.

^^^ this. Bought my Dillon from Bob. He's a class act and even though it's been several years, he still periodically calls to check in.

He suffered a stroke some years back so his speech is difficult - not an issue but better to know in advance.

---
    Shamr0ck

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    If you are not on a hurry you can order from BP online and have it delivered to the store. This will save you the hazmat fee. If you need don't mind driving go to Greentop in Virginia...they have everything in abundance. Otherwise you can go to a gun show and pick up a bunch of stuff...also mo hazmat fee.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Ive been debating asking the wife for a dillon for christmas but havent seen any good deals to show her!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Since you mention bullets and powder, I keep an eye on X-Treme Bullets for decent pistol bullets occasionally they have a 10% off sale, shipping is low or free for first time buyers. Shooters Pro Shop for some good deals on Nosler over-runs and blems (get email alerts). For powder I support gun shows and buy when I can find something I can use, saves Hazmat fee or having to buy large quantities (5 lbs +)to even that fee out. Ho Co show $25 per 1K pistol primers. I believe 2 out of the 3 vendors with powder/primers were from OOState.

Good Luck and have fun.

Last edited:

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty

+2, Bob is great. He is a bit slow (had a stroke a few years ago) in speech, but recently has has a good supply of powder, bullets and cases. Give him a call to tell him what you are looking for. He is basically just outside of Waldorf off 301, not a far drive from AA county.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Ive been debating asking the wife for a dillon for Christmas but haven't seen any good deals to show her!

I believe that Dillon controls the price on their equipment and requires resellers to sell at list price, so the only bargains you'll find are in used equipment.

He's retiring next month.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia

Bob keeps powder and primers in stock. He is also a stocking Dillon dealer. Call to make sure he is there and that he has what you need.

The next option in Green Top in VA.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Well retail price wont be in the budget soon so a rock chucking I will continue. Maybe if I get a christmas bonus who knows.

Ive seen them on ebay from time to time but havent seen anything that was worth buying used in a while.

I also havent established how much ammo to produce to be honest. Id love to sit and fill a 30 cal can with loaded rounds and just scoop out a handful when I want but at the same time I always think I'm going to find a better load and dont want to have that much loaded then change my go to load. Seems silly but given its all single stage id hate to do the work twice. Not i just try to stay a few boxes ahead of what I need. I badly want to try idpa though :-)

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Well retail price wont be in the budget soon so a rock chucking I will continue. Maybe if I get a christmas bonus who knows.

Ive seen them on ebay from time to time but havent seen anything that was worth buying used in a while.

I also havent established how much ammo to produce to be honest. Id love to sit and fill a 30 cal can with loaded rounds and just scoop out a handful when I want but at the same time I always think I'm going to find a better load and dont want to have that much loaded then change my go to load. Seems silly but given its all single stage id hate to do the work twice. Not i just try to stay a few boxes ahead of what I need. I badly want to try idpa though :-)

Check Craigslist. I got my 550 with three sets of dies and a bunch of extras for $425.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Check Craigslist. I got my 550 with three sets of dies and a bunch of extras for $425.
    Will do. Ive been watching but rarely see reloading stuff lately. I wish I could choose withing 150 miles rather than a specific city etc.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I got into a Hornady LNL Progressive, and I ordered everything from Midsouth Shooter's Supply - they seemed to be consistently a touch lower than anyone else, and they had virtually everything I wanted/needed in stock.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Meant to ask the OP what type of bullets are you looking for?

Rifle or pistol? Lead or jacketed? Plinking or hunting? That can help to tell you where to go btw.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads