• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    For powder & other supplies, W.E. Sell Sporting Goods in Hanover has a good selection. The good thing about going out of state for powder is you don't have to log your name.

Shooter88

Aug 21, 2013
    Thanks for the replies everyone, looks like I have plenty of places to look.

Meant to ask the OP what type of bullets are you looking for?

Rifle or pistol? Lead or jacketed? Plinking or hunting? That can help to tell you where to go btw.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I normally shop for .30 cal as I reload a lot of 30.06 and .308 and 30 Carbine (went for that this weekend and couldn't find it...had to order from Midway). I plan on picking up the stuff to begin 30/40 Krag as well. I do occasionally load .338 LM using 250 or 300 grain bullets and I haven't found any place that sells them aside from online retailors. All my shooting is plinking/ELR (hence the .338).

At this time I do not reload any pistol cartridges.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Well retail price wont be in the budget soon so a rock chucking I will continue. Maybe if I get a christmas bonus who knows.

Ive seen them on ebay from time to time but havent seen anything that was worth buying used in a while.

I also havent established how much ammo to produce to be honest. Id love to sit and fill a 30 cal can with loaded rounds and just scoop out a handful when I want but at the same time I always think I'm going to find a better load and dont want to have that much loaded then change my go to load. Seems silly but given its all single stage id hate to do the work twice. Not i just try to stay a few boxes ahead of what I need. I badly want to try idpa though :-)

Stu,

You might consider standing by the side of the highway, with a long night-gown on.

Pull the bottom hem up and "flash" the drivers with a glimpse of your leg, up to the knee.

Who knows......... maybe they'll toss some greenback dollar bills at you, to get you to STOP!!!!!!!!

:innocent0

You could have that Dillon in a couple of hours!

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Stu,

You might consider standing by the side of the highway, with a long night-gown on.

Pull the bottom hem up and "flash" the drivers with a glimpse of your leg, up to the knee.

Who knows......... maybe they'll toss some greenback dollar bills at you, to get you to STOP!!!!!!!!

:innocent0

You could have that Dillon in a couple of hours!
    I just may

There is something nostalgic about using my uncles rock chucker from the 70s but when it comes to loads that i fire from a pistol or even just ground hog loads id rather be able to load a lot at a time. My time is limited to load between coaching and work, though loading is a bit therapeutic. I cant believe the old carboard tub of unique was still GTG but reminds me of time spent with him and learning about shooting sports.

Ill likely still load match and M1 rounds on the rock even if I got a progressive.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I just may

There is something nostalgic about using my uncles rock chucker from the 70s but when it comes to loads that i fire from a pistol or even just ground hog loads id rather be able to load a lot at a time. My time is limited to load between coaching and work, though loading is a bit therapeutic. I cant believe the old carboard tub of unique was still GTG but reminds me of time spent with him and learning about shooting sports.

Ill likely still load match and M1 rounds on the rock even if I got a progressive.

I know what you mean.

I still load my M1 Garand loads and .45-70 "Gummint" loads on the RockChucker that I bought in '79.

Going from taking 2 to 3 evenings to load 300 .45 acp rounds for an IPSC match, to 350+ per hour is a BIG improvement on an RL-550B, AFAIC.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    For non hazmat items I usually go online. Berry's bullets is what I worked my loads around.
    Primers and powder, I stock up to the MD legal limit a couple times a year at Shyda's in Lancaster. It's a hike but I enjoy the occasional road trip.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Also check powder valley in KS. They have wide selection of bullet & brass at very reasonable price. I hit Cabelas (no haz mat or tax) on the way home from my dads house in NJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom