• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    He's got limited store hours (mainly Friday and Saturday morning), but I've had pretty good luck with Otto's Police Supply ( http://www.ottospolicesupply.com/ ). Just contact him over his website or call and he'll handle everything from his end whether the shop is open or not. I've also used Barts, and A&D Pawn and Firearms and an old friend who lives on the Eastern shore (for unregulated long guns only). Otto's was , at least fairly recently charging $45 + $10 to MSP. You'll have to verify that is still the current charge

Last I was aware, A&D--though I normally like dealing with them--is adamantly non-timely-release.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Just transferred one in through Clayton's Otto Police Supply. North Crain HWY, across from Empire Towers. Second Floor. $45 + 10......3 weeks ago.
    Sorry, know nothing about Sure Shot, but, am not surprised abt Scott's.

R

Longvisit

Jan 2, 2013
    Sure Shot again. There is no drama over checking what he has in stock before transferring. Also besides the paperwork you can set the whole thing up through email.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    +1 for Joe. I email him 10:30 Sunday night about sending a copy of his FFL to a guy I bought a pistol from on the net, he had it out 2 minutes later.

mdbayboater

Nubie
    Jul 16, 2011
    Lake Shore, Maryland
    +1 for sure shot, my most recent purchase was a SIG handgun and because they don't come with a spent casing and the guy Joe uses was back logged and not accepting anymore at the time (mid-july) I had to go with The Gun Shop in Essex, even tho they are a 8 Day release I'm still waiting due to their backlog of weapon transfers.

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    Joe @ sure shot hands down. He is great to deal with. I gladly drive over 30mins to deal with him when other shops are closer.

Sent using Tapatalk

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Scott prefers to avoid transfers and he has little space to store firearms due to repairs, thus the fees he charges.

I suggest you shop around for a transfer. Sure shot has good prices.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Last I was aware, A&D--though I normally like dealing with them--is adamantly non-timely-release.

That's possible as I haven't bought from A&D for a while and that was a long gun. I did hear Larry (the owner) talk about the 'NICS number problem' a few weeks ago, but he was also going to one of the MSP seminars and said he had some quetions for them regarding early release...so you could call to find out what their policy is. Larry was especially concerned about releases after Oct 1st, so it is possible he has changed his policy.

All that said, I have dealt recently (last year) with Otto's Police...but that was before the current backlogs. I do keep hearing good things about Sure Shot. I'll have to check him out next time I'm in the area...maybe when I'm heading for the range (Stoney Creek).

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Just transferred one in through Clayton's Otto Police Supply. North Crain HWY, across from Empire Towers. Second Floor. $45 + 10......3 weeks ago.
    Sorry, know nothing about Sure Shot, but, am not surprised abt Scott's.

R

Early release, I presume? I've heard he is doing it, but not first hand from him.

Scott's has always had higher transfer fees than most, but some of my friends have had good experience with gunsmithing from there. I also know a couple guys that had decnet deals purchasing directly from them

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    thanks to everyone for the kind words. with that said, Sept 12 is the absolute last day for me to receive a regulated transfer and be able to promise a Sept 30 release.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Early release, I presume? I've heard he is doing it, but not first hand from him.

Scott's has always had higher transfer fees than most, but some of my friends have had good experience with gunsmithing from there. I also know a couple guys that had decnet deals purchasing directly from them

The guy you quoted thinks Scotts Gun smithing Fees are excessive as well. Oh well, we don't want Smithing Customers like him anyway. We do quality work and charge a fair fee for the Service performed and quality we put out.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    thanks to everyone for the kind words. with that said, Sept 12 is the absolute last day for me to receive a regulated transfer and be able to promise a Sept 30 release.

Running out of time!!!!!!! :)

I think everything is over to you from me now (Sig 1911, JoeBob's Infant Tshirt :P) ... just waiting on Palmetto State to send out my other lower! They are so slow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom