• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    I assume you are asking these questions to be helpful in reducing costs. You should PM Norton or the forum owner DD214 to continue this discussion.

There is no need to publish this type of information in an open forum.

Yes - The idea is to be helpful. Depending on how things are currently setup, I can offer some help - for free. ;)

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    I assume you are asking these questions to be helpful in reducing costs. You should PM Norton or the forum owner DD214 to continue this discussion.

There is no need to publish this type of information in an open forum.

Lol...really? this is actually public information to find this information out.

velociROBtor

Dec 31, 2014
    I feel bad now. I emailed our IT guys at work and asked why they blocked MDS as I would have nothing to read over the shift. Glad it's fixed!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    HelloooooOOOO

Christamighty-on-a-fvcking-pogo-stick……

You people are over thinking this.

It's simple:

1. This is a free site for individual members. We've never made any bones for the last couple years of charging those that are using the forum as a means of advancing their businesses a VERY modest fee for the privilege of advertising and conducting business here. The purpose of their individual forums is so that they can conduct business without cluttering the rest of the forum up.

2. The reason this site is free to everyone is that it is a service to the gun community in Maryland. It is here to advance and maintain our rights as well as to further the collective knowledge of the gun owners in this state and beyond.

3. It will remain as such for the near term future. I don't believe in these tiered systems on forums because it invariably creates a series of second and third class citizens who aren't considered worthy unless they have a big shiny badge next to their names.

4. What we do here works, and it has been born out over a decade now. A freewill offering, done because it's the right thing to do and not because of some extrinsic motivation, has much more meaning because it provides the sense of community that has always been the intent of those of us that are plank holders. You do it because it's the right thing to do, not because you had to or because someone notices the shiny badge or because you got access to a super secret room. (hint….there are already a lot of secret rooms here that 99.9% of the membership will never see)

5. Stop over thinking this. It's free….embrace it. Donate a lot, donate a little, or don't donate at all depending on what your conscience and ability dictate. But for the love of all that's holy, quit complaining and quit trying to tell us what to do with a FREE EFFING SERVICE.

Damn….I think I'm going to go back over to school. Things sure are a lot simpler there.

HellooooOOOO

Attachments

• garrettmorrisdeaf.png
      garrettmorrisdeaf.png
      27 KB · Views: 135

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Egh, I was citing examples of things that have worked for other VB based forums, certainly didn't intend to offend. Swinokur was right, that much has been established.

X2

I thought I was offering suggestions that might help the site. I've got nothing else to say on the subject.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    To DD214 and the mods: Thanks for everything! I love this forum and have no problem making a small (voluntary) contribution now and then.

With all the apparent irritation being drummed up, I was a little reticient to offer my own suggestion....but here goes anyway:

I used to go over to doublegunshop.com pretty often. Haven't been there much for a while, so I'm not entirely sure how they handle things lately. However, they used to ASK a voluntary donation of $10 for each ad in the classifieds...all honor system. Naturally, this won't work so well for someone who is selling something really inexpensive, but they could choose not to contribute for lesser expensive items. But if each person contributes 10 bucks for each firearm (or even each item over... say... $100) they sell (voluntarily, of course) that might go a pretty long ways to helping out.

Leaves the website free to noobees and those who can't afford contributions
    We can still make voluntary contributions
    No one will be twisting arms to MAKE people contribute for using the classifieds...it will just be a suggestion. One line in the rules or on the Classifieds site.
    If many actually so this, those who make use of the service most will be contributing the most.

I applaud the owner/mods for wanting to keep this a free site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom