• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    No I'm not, I get it, you don't want generalized with how bold and colorful your screen name is as IPs have already. People have a series of options, don't join, join, don't donate or donate. Same as IPs, either pay to be an IP or don't pay and don't be an IP.
    With all due respect, I still think you are missing my point, and I'm done explaining it to people who don't really want to hear it. swinokur got my point, and his response ("the mods may not want to deal with that") seems perfectly reasonable. It would be some real work to put the software together to handle memberships.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Well, the owner of the forum doesn't feel as you do. I'm good with the current model.

But my opinion doesn't really matter, as this is a privately owned forum.

THIS x 1000

I swear If I said the sky is blue, someone on here would argue it's not.

MDS is owned by DD-214. HE ALONE is the final say on what happens here.
    Don't like it...leave.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The arguing seems like a waste of time. Norton has stated the owner's intent and that's the final word as far as I can see it. They certainly haven't solicited suggestions on changing the forum.

Carry on.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I find it amusing that people are arguing about how they would run this forum. Norton already said what is going to happen for the foreseeable future. DD214 will continue to operate this forum as is. They did leave open a possibility that things COULD change, but even that is up to DD214.

So, why not spend you time praying for William, instead of arguing over something that you have no control.

\Soap Box Mode
    Jim Smith

Completely. It would most definitely alleviate the every so often issue of people crying about water cooler content. .

Sorry, I don't follow you there. Just because a group of people all pony up (excuse the pun) for some sort of exclusive membership doesn't mean they all have the same standards or get all butt-hurt over the same things. I'd hate to see access to content in this great forum get divided up according to who contributes what, and I'm a firm believer that anybody who find their delicate sensibilities getting offended too often simply ought to stay out of the Water Cooler.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I think offering members a "Members Lounge" section wouldn't be a bad thing, If one isn't forced to join to continue the access they have now, why not?

Wouldn't offering this "Lounge" still keep the site free?

There is a Member's Lounge, it's called The Water Cooler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 31, 2012
    Sorry, I don't follow you there. Just because a group of people all pony up (excuse the pun) for some sort of exclusive membership doesn't mean they all have the same standards or get all butt-hurt over the same things. I'd hate to see access to content in this great forum get divided up according to who contributes what, and I'm a firm believer that anybody who find their delicate sensibilities getting offended too often simply ought to stay out of the Water Cooler.
    :thumbsup:
    The clash of different, sometimes very different, backgrounds is what gives this community it's strength. Firewalling people from each other will kill it for me.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

I guess I was thinking more like, no crying about accidentally seeing attractive scantily clad women. Kind of like the water cooler access is limited to people with 50 posts, keeps people from signing up (for free) and having full access to the maybe not so glamorous sections of the site.

I know I'm in the minority, I just see a true membership system as a great benefit to the site, a way to continually grow and improve it.

I'm definitely not saying REQUIRED.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Or it becomes such a huge hassle from the owners original intent and he closes it down.

It would have to almost intentionally be run into the ground. I'm talking slow but steady income and slow/steady development rather than nothing, nothing, nothing, crash,...... we need funds.

I know,.... change is bad. :sad20:

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    It has a ICE warning on it, copyright infringement. :rolleyes:

http://marylandshooter.com/

Sounds like a coward to me. He calls people on here Fudds but dedicates his time to an ICE screenshot on website with marylandshooter.com domain and takes the time to write that beautiful narrative. Hmmm, screams loneliness and boredom. Good luck with life itself coward.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom