• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • :thumbsup:
    The clash of different, sometimes very different, backgrounds is what gives this community it's strength. Firewalling people from each other will kill it for me.

That's the way I feel about it. It's been a constant source of wonder to me to see such a diverse community drawn together by a common interest. I think people ought to keep that common interest in mind and not get so bent out of shape over the occasional spat. Remember, to the antis, we all look alike.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Sounds like a coward to me. He calls people on here Fudds but dedicates his time to an ICE screenshot on website with marylandshooter.com domain and takes the time to write that beautiful narrative. Hmmm, screams loneliness and boredom. Good luck with life itself coward.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    Maybe someone should report that shit to ice or one of the other agencies that "seizured" it.

Feb 28, 2013
    Sounds like a coward to me. He calls people on here Fudds but dedicates his time to an ICE screenshot on website with marylandshooter.com domain and takes the time to write that beautiful narrative. Hmmm, screams loneliness and boredom. Good luck with life itself coward.

that domain was mdshooter.com

I suggested theothermdshooters.

you know for those guys who want to improve the forum.

:sad20:

You mean like this guy?:lol2:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...w-to-get-banned-for-life-from-MD-Shooters-com

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep. he hasn't posted there in a while. impossible to discuss anything with because he's smarter than everyone else.

total jackhole IMO.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    big time. he bad mouthed MDS over there and I complained to the admin. he finally stopped. it didn't take long for the hammer to fall on him here either.

total douche nozzle IMO.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Christamighty-on-a-fvcking-pogo-stick……

You people are over thinking this.

It's simple:

1. This is a free site for individual members. We've never made any bones for the last couple years of charging those that are using the forum as a means of advancing their businesses a VERY modest fee for the privilege of advertising and conducting business here. The purpose of their individual forums is so that they can conduct business without cluttering the rest of the forum up.

2. The reason this site is free to everyone is that it is a service to the gun community in Maryland. It is here to advance and maintain our rights as well as to further the collective knowledge of the gun owners in this state and beyond.

3. It will remain as such for the near term future. I don't believe in these tiered systems on forums because it invariably creates a series of second and third class citizens who aren't considered worthy unless they have a big shiny badge next to their names.

4. What we do here works, and it has been born out over a decade now. A freewill offering, done because it's the right thing to do and not because of some extrinsic motivation, has much more meaning because it provides the sense of community that has always been the intent of those of us that are plank holders. You do it because it's the right thing to do, not because you had to or because someone notices the shiny badge or because you got access to a super secret room. (hint….there are already a lot of secret rooms here that 99.9% of the membership will never see)

5. Stop over thinking this. It's free….embrace it. Donate a lot, donate a little, or don't donate at all depending on what your conscience and ability dictate. But for the love of all that's holy, quit complaining and quit trying to tell us what to do with a FREE EFFING SERVICE.

Damn….I think I'm going to go back over to school. Things sure are a lot simpler there.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Egh, I was citing examples of things that have worked for other VB based forums, certainly didn't intend to offend. Swinokur was right, that much has been established.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It wasn't directed at you at all. It was for those who seem to think they kmow a better way of running things. I suggested they start their own forum.

I was just clarifying when someone else showed a domain I didn't suggest.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    It wasn't directed at you at all. It was for those who seem to think they kowe a better way of running things. I suggested they start their own forum.

I was just clarifying when someone else showed a domain I didn't suggest.

Gotcha. Yes wires crossed.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    There is a Member's Lounge, it's called The Water Cooler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS ^^^.

Sorry, I don't follow you there. Just because a group of people all pony up (excuse the pun) for some sort of exclusive membership doesn't mean they all have the same standards or get all butt-hurt over the same things. I'd hate to see access to content in this great forum get divided up according to who contributes what, and I'm a firm believer that anybody who find their delicate sensibilities getting offended too often simply ought to stay out of the Water Cooler.

THIS ^^^.

:thumbsup:
    The clash of different, sometimes very different, backgrounds is what gives this community it's strength. Firewalling people from each other will kill it for me.

THIS ^^^.

That's the way I feel about it. It's been a constant source of wonder to me to see such a diverse community drawn together by a common interest. I think people ought to keep that common interest in mind and not get so bent out of shape over the occasional spat. Remember, to the antis, we all look alike.

THIS, THIS, and THIS ^^^^^^!!!

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    What's the makeup of the hosting? Is it all on AWS/EC2?

Is the vast majority of the cost coming from bandwidth? If so how many mbit/s or GB/mo are we using?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    What's the makeup of the hosting? Is it all on AWS/EC2?

Is the vast majority of the cost coming from bandwidth? If so how many mbit/s or GB/mo are we using?

I assume you are asking these questions to be helpful in reducing costs. You should PM Norton or the forum owner DD214 to continue this discussion.

There is no need to publish this type of information in an open forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom