• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    I have a sig 516. I love the accuracy however I hate that Maryland banned it by name. I purchased it in 2011. It stays in the safe most of the time. But it is still a good gun especially good for suppression. I can turn the gas system on and off!

jens0117

Jan 2, 2021
    Just tossing in my two cents if anyone is thinking about the T91, it's worth the 600 or so you'll spend to get it. I can't say much beyond what's already been said in this thread other than you've got some options if you Google "T91 tactical" and shop from them. Great people there, very responsive. I opted for the 16" barrel from Atlantic and like it so much I'll keep an eye out for the 14.5" as well. They really don't look half bad imo, I took the irons off mine and opted for a LPVO from Vortex just because.

Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    H&K

Unfortunately I don’t own this.
    It’s been my issued rifle for the past many years. My “employer” is replacing these wonderful pieces of machinery with a direct impingement rifle and far less expensive. At least I get to keep the ACOG which will be mounted to the new rifle.

Attachments

• 5CAA80D2-4DE5-4C45-B52E-AA971CB13311.jpg
      5CAA80D2-4DE5-4C45-B52E-AA971CB13311.jpg
      147.7 KB · Views: 134
    • ABA0C47E-CC9A-4BEB-BBA3-8BE5050DB85F.jpg
      ABA0C47E-CC9A-4BEB-BBA3-8BE5050DB85F.jpg
      148.8 KB · Views: 131
    • 8838EA5C-453E-4C1E-90CF-523286CB57DF.jpg
      8838EA5C-453E-4C1E-90CF-523286CB57DF.jpg
      146 KB · Views: 132

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    It’s been my issued rifle for the past many years. My “employer” is replacing these wonderful pieces of machinery with a direct impingement rifle and far less expensive. At least I get to keep the ACOG which will be mounted to the new rifle.

Did they tell you what manufacturer they were going with? My 6920HBPW was relatively inexpensive when I bought it and it's an amazing rifle.

Also, if they currently have these in the field and they are reliable, why are they replacing them?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

It's always fun when you get to use the third hole.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    According to another thread nobody likes the third hole. Its only used for suppressed fire. :rolleye12

I was raised Catholic. Imagine discovering all the other holes they didnt tell you about.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Also, this is how Sig plans to take your money:

prototype has a side charging handle!

tcarrick1

Apr 17, 2021
    I have both the springfield saint victor with 7 1/2 inch barrel and saint edge with 10.3 barrel with iron sights and vortek red dot and almost think are great and fun to shoot

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    I have a 20" Faxon Barreled rifle length with an Adams Arms kit that I assembled a few months pre-rona and have no issues or complaints.
    Little to do with the piston part but it is the most accurate AR I have and a very soft shooter probably helped by the piston and the weight of it all.

Rocinante

Jul 19, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I have a 20" Faxon Barreled rifle length with an Adams Arms kit that I assembled a few months pre-rona and have no issues or complaints.
    Little to do with the piston part but it is the most accurate AR I have and a very soft shooter probably helped by the piston and the weight of it all.

I've been wanting to do this, like a T65 without the price (because the beat-to-hell Panamanian kits are NOT worth $1200), but I wonder if a piston work on a 605/dissipator?

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Lewis Machine and Tool makes an excellent piston upper platform.

I don't have one of those but I do have a LMT MWS 308 DI that is GTG; no cans in CA:mad54:

LMT is quality, as is LWRC and PWS.

I like pistons better but I like my DI's also; my 556 DI is a Delton and it runs just fine. Personal favorite is the PWS pistol:D

I get the DI's are more compatible but I also get evolution:thumbsup:

You can get an upper from LMT, LWRC, or PWS but per my review the cost is close to a rifle cost. And for that I'll go with a rifle.

I'd be hard pressed to choose between the three above; so I won't:lol2:

Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    Did they tell you what manufacturer they were going with? My 6920HBPW was relatively inexpensive when I bought it and it's an amazing rifle.

Also, if they currently have these in the field and they are reliable, why are they replacing them?

Yes, I know what the new rifle is. it’s a budget, DI rifle. Huge and embarrassing step down.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    More failure points, less reliability and no improvement in performance isn't evolution.

Obviously, YMMV; you do you and I'll do me.
    I suggest you try PWS, or LMT, or LWRC and see what you see.
    What works for me may not work for thee.

Not shitting where you eat, not eating where you shit; I'd call that evolution.
    Hot hands; yeah, that's been a big issue for the SKS and AK's not being popular so I get it.

:D

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I have a sig 516. I love the accuracy however I hate that Maryland banned it by name. I purchased it in 2011. It stays in the safe most of the time. But it is still a good gun especially good for suppression. I can turn the gas system on and off!

Was the 516 banned by name? My friend's was purchased after 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom