• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    Yesterday friends of son in law went to Deale Island got a nice size rock they released and some good looking crabs it was chilly but they did not care they enjoyed it

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Bow fisherman targeting Snake heads are our savior.
    I think it keeps the numbers in check. I honestly dont think they are having the impact that was projected, but that is because they are being fished the way they are. They get fished hard from now untill the grass comes up. And then again in the fall when the grass starts going away. But the numbers we kill are crazy. We killed 116 fish in five nights this week in 2 rivers, and this was the first good week this year. Potomac wise, I feel like the catfish are a bigger problem than the snakes. Give it a month and we can fill a 55 gallon drum of catfish easily in a nite.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    My father has been enjoying his retirement.

View attachment 359675
    I see he is fishing the reservoirs based on the Ray he has on his boat. I was out on prettyboy and caught some 3lb plus smallies and a 4lb largemouth. Then took a friend out to liberty and after watching me pull in several 3 & 4 lbs large mouths be asked for the extra spinner bait I was using, and he pulled in a 5 and a 6lb large mouth. I'm hoping to get out later this week.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    f6f6f911081b6f53fbe5e9d477f7d84e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    NICE FISH!

For me this weekend its Why they call it fishing and not catching.
    Messy windy when my son, his Girlfriend's dad I went out Sat evening.
    No one was catching anything in the OC inlet where we were. Current was a nightmare.
    Headed to another spot and waves were playing havoc on holding near the bridge.
    It was mostly a shake down cruise for that vessel. The boat worked fine, New Sonar worked fine. Just not those who were in it.

I won't give up but will wait for better weather.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    A lot of Bass like this on Lake Anna this past Friday. All released. Not thrown on a bank.
    b1890e2843e744f6125a1cbe25f847d8.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    f9675d93e2268351040fe093c0ba8674.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice smallmouth. He mainly targets largemouth in the reservoirs early and late in the year and smallmouth the rest of the time. I wouldn’t be exaggerating in the least to say he caught over 50 4# plus smallmouth last year in MD waters that were not reservoirs.

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    I got confused,, You had the word "Fishing" not "Spot lighting" in the post :lol2:
    So you will kill all the game fish you catch and feed them to the birds but want to give me a hard time about "spotlighting" a invasive species that DNR want you to kill, that get cleaned, sold and ate. I guess Im the one that's confused....

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    So you will kill all the game fish you catch and feed them to the birds but want to give me a hard time about "spotlighting" a invasive species that DNR want you to kill, that get cleaned, sold and ate. I guess Im the one that's confused....
    LMB are a non native or "Invasive" species, as are Small Mouth Bass (In Maryland),,, Many consider the Northern Snakehead a "Game fish"
    DNR has no say in what I do with my fish,, Every Snake I catch is released to breed some more.
    Snakehead have made marginal waters fishing havens,, I have seen an increase in the other invasive species (LMB) once snakeheads moved in.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    A lot of Bass like this on Lake Anna this past Friday. All released. Not thrown on a bank.
    b1890e2843e744f6125a1cbe25f847d8.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
    Nice one,, LOL, you guys need to lighten up some and reflect on when you lost your sense of humor :)

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    All kidding aside,,
    Happiest day of my life was the day I sold my 16' center console and went 100% kayak, Been kayak fishing for 20+ years.
    75% of the time is chasing smallies on mountain rivers with my son.
    DSCN3118A.jpg

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    you guys are posting some awesome pics of your fish. I can't wait to get out this weekend. Going to hit the Potomac River. Should be prime time right now. I spent 2 day on Lake Anna last week and did ok. Missed 3 really big ones on a chatterbait. I seem to be losing a lot on that bait for some reason.

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    LMB are a non native or "Invasive" species, as are Small Mouth Bass (In Maryland),,, Many consider the Northern Snakehead a "Game fish"
    DNR has no say in what I do with my fish,, Every Snake I catch is released to breed some more.
    Snakehead have made marginal waters fishing havens,, I have seen an increase in the other invasive species (LMB) once snakeheads moved in.
    Honestly I think it's great that you release them. It only helps us out...

Attachments

• IMG_5276.jpg
      IMG_5276.jpg
      128.9 KB · Views: 95
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033