Who's going out for small game tomorrow (9/3)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I like going before deer season that helps put me back in the hunting frame of mind.
    I hear ya.
    My River kayak camping trips used to wrap up in Aug/Sept.
    I used to go out every year for opening of Squirrel on Oct 5th.
    But my 1st real fall hunting was early Muzzle loader.

Last few years I figured out the October river smallmouth and have realy enjoyed camping riverside in the mountains as the leaves change. (Sheesh,, I think I need to buy a .40)

So hunting is pushed back to late Oct bow and management hunts.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Sorry, didn't see this post.. Really simple.. breast out the doves and remove the breasts from the breastplate. Take a jalapeno and quarter it (lengthwise then crosswise, big ones work better). Make up a cream cheese filling with 1 stick of cream cheese softened and 1 or a little more teaspoons of Tony Catcheres Cajun spice, mix well. Fill the jalapeno with cream cheese mix, don't be sparing, you'll lose a little at the end usually. Add the half dove breast, then wrap with 1/2 slice of bacon and toothpick it together. This will do a limit with one stick of cream cheese mix and about 9 jalapenos, you may need more than 1lb of bacon.

Smoke at 225 for about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs and then put them on the grill to crisp the bacon up, about 15 mins on a hot grill (to your liking). I use hickory, mesquite or cherry, all work well.

Still eating the leftovers.. nuke em in the microwave for a min or so on half power.. ;)

View attachment 379248
    That's awesome. Makes me want to dove hunt! Thanks for posting!

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I hear ya.
    My River kayak camping trips used to wrap up in Aug/Sept.
    I used to go out every year for opening of Squirrel on Oct 5th.
    But my 1st real fall hunting was early Muzzle loader.

Last few years I figured out the October river smallmouth and have realy enjoyed camping riverside in the mountains as the leaves change. (Sheesh,, I think I need to buy a .40)

So hunting is pushed back to late Oct bow and management hunts.
    Sounds like a good time. I saw a picture of your bass. Looks tasty.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    That's awesome. Makes me want to dove hunt! Thanks for posting!
    Dove is opening of hunting season, break out the shotgun and let's go have some fun. It sharpens your skills and can humble you at the same time. We usually try to get our group together and get a shoot in opening week when the birds are flying good. Now it's time to get the bow up in a tree and see about some Sika deer.. :)

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Dove is opening of hunting season, break out the shotgun and let's go have some fun. It sharpens your skills and can humble you at the same time. We usually try to get our group together and get a shoot in opening week when the birds are flying good. Now it's time to get the bow up in a tree and see about some Sika deer.. :)
    One day I'll get one of those swamp elks... But opening day will be whitetail for me.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I field dressed a squirrel last week. When I removed its heart and lungs, I thought the lung color was a bit off. Can someone confirm?
    IMG20220906204139.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom