• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RWB2012

Dec 20, 2013
    Oakland MD
    I posted a thread in gunsmithing last night and i get up this morning and its gone. Theres no sign of it anywere. Can someone tell me why?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I posted a thread in gunsmithing last night and i get up this morning and its gone. Theres no sign of it anywere. Can someone tell me why?

A Mod/Admin are the only ones who can do that. Starting a thread like this instead of Private Messaging them is in very poor form.

If the thread was offering a product or services then that's why it was deleted. You need to be a PAID Industry Partner, or an Employee of an Industry Partner to post those kinds of threads. Its like putting signs on someone elses property without their permission.

If you start a secondary account to boost your product then the Admin will catch it and close both of your accounts.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    A Mod/Admin are the only ones who can do that. Starting a thread like this instead of Private Messaging them is in very poor form.

If the thread was offering a product or services then that's why it was deleted. You need to be a PAID Industry Partner, or an Employee of an Industry Partner to post those kinds of threads. Its like putting signs on someone elses property without their permission.

If you start a secondary account to boost your product then the Admin will catch it and close both of your accounts.
    This^^^

RWB2012

Dec 20, 2013
    Oakland MD
    I have email many times trying to become an ip and no one will get back to me about it. Im not trying to step on anyones toes here but im trying to help out the md shooters and i cant cuz i cant be an ip if no one msgs me back.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    I have email many times trying to become an ip and no one will get back to me about it. Im not trying to step on anyones toes here but im trying to help out the md shooters and i cant cuz i cant be an ip if no one msgs me back.

I seem to recall seeing something recently (from Norton?) about new IP applications put on indefinite hold.

I could be wrong though...

EDIT: found it: http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=2967856&postcount=9

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    With no way to become an IP could the mods/admins allow a waiver for those that have tried to get their account set up.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I've had someone who has been wanting to become an IP flag me down at a show, and sent me his suggestion.

(edited to remove unnecessary content)
    I suggest that mdshooters charge those who are waiting to be an IP half the cost of being an IP, and be able to list in the classified until their IP account is set up. I would pay $50 per month to be an IP on mdshooters…it would be worth it to my business. I pay armslist.com $20 per month, and I currently get more business from mdshooters than I do from armslist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom