• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Not sure if they currently do, but I know they did at one time

ETA- According to Princeton Review, it's now Syracuse. That might be a dubious title given these sad events.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    Doesn't WVU have the dubious honor of being the nation's #1 party school?

I Googled and it was listed as #3 per Playboy. I live in a University town and there was an incident last year where a "mob" of kids dumped into the streets and were jumping/walking on vehicles. Fortunately, photos caught a few of them. Quite frankly, I hate when college is in session. They take over the town and those of us that live here have a tough time navigating the streets...etc. Apparently the President of University of Delaware is trying to make it into an Ivy League school.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    My niece is in sorority at WVU.
    All they do is raise money for poor people and tutor little kids. :innocent0

Rapture

Total Loser
    Jun 5, 2013
    In the woods
    The administration needs to crack down on this type of behavior. I graduated from WVU years ago and we never had anything remotely happen like this in the 4 years that I was there. What the hell is wrong with these kids today? WVU has a pretty strict "student code of conduct," or at least they did when I was there. This included a students academic record and personal behavior. I personally saw MANY students booted for stuff a lot less serious than what happened here.

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    He's 18. He can kill for his country but can't make stupid decisions without ruining it for everyone?

I'm a college grad and know in this day and age most people need to be grads but I swear "higher learning" is turning this country in a bunch of pansies.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The administration needs to crack down on this type of behavior. I graduated from WVU years ago and we never had anything remotely happen like this in the 4 years that I was there. What the hell is wrong with these kids today? WVU has a pretty strict "student code of conduct," or at least they did when I was there. This included a students academic and personal behavior. I personally saw MANY students booted for stuff a lot less serious than what happened here.

You sure you went to the same WVU that I visited a ton of times while attending frostburg?

The only rule I remember is thou must visit the hotdog man at 3am other then that fights, barfing, and fornicating were literally the name of the game.

Rapture

Total Loser
    Jun 5, 2013
    In the woods
    You sure you went to the same WVU that I visited a ton of times while attending frostburg?

The only rule I remember is thou must visit the hotdog man at 3am other then that fights, barfing, and fornicating were literally the name of the game.

Perhaps my frat was a bunch of geeks.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member

Does Dunc's chili, the 'pour house (a somewhat clandestine location that was open after all the other bars closed)', or 'death dogs' sound familiar to you?

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Sounds like a lack of parenting, loose moral character of those around him, and poor decision making killed him. Stop blaming frats (though they are at least somewhat guilty IMO) and start blaming parents who stunt their children's development by babying them. Start making these kids responsible for themselves and their actions dammit.

And lower the god damn drinking age to 18 already (again).

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland

I was wondering the same thing^^^? WVU was voted biggest party school in the country a few times back then as well.

I don't want to sound insensitive, but these individual kids need to be held accountable for their actions also. It is not just the fault of the fraternities. It's sad that the boy died, but I am sure he wanted to be there and would have done anything to fit in or be a part of the frat. That is what led to the "catostrophic emergency"

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC

What year did you graduate from the burg, I had a bunch of friends there while I was at WVU. And this could have happened at a house party or in a dorm just as easily, sucks they're ruining it for everyone. I'm assuming it is alcohol related as I did not see a cause of death in the article nor did I see anyone charged with anything (hazing, assault, etc)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    What year did you graduate from the burg, I had a bunch of friends there while I was at WVU. And this could have happened at a house party or in a dorm just as easily, sucks they're ruining it for everyone. I'm assuming it is alcohol related as I did not see a cause of death in the article nor did I see anyone charged with anything (hazing, assault, etc)

07' and another member here graduated with me

JVP409

Jan 31, 2013
    Bel Air

I was going to say the same thing. I had a close friend at WVU in the late 80's and I visited a number of times. It was off the hook. That's why I kept visiting :party29:

By the way if anyone thinks this isn't happening on every campus is just kidding themselves. Individual responsibility should be the name of the game here.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    For any frat to be successful and freshmen to survive their rush, you've got to have a good rush chairman.

images (19).jpg

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did.

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom