• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do You Use ZeroWater Products?

• Yes

• No

• I use shitty Brita products

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Wow, I never considered that gravity and air pressure was enough to make a reverse osmosis system work in a cartridge. I always assumed they had better carbon filtration than the other guys. Do you recommend going full RO for the kitchen/fridge for untreated well water? Thanks in advance.
    Reverse osmosis (RO) requires 30psi + of water pressure to work properly. The higher the pressure (to an extent) the more efficiently it works.
    A properly prefiltered RO membrane will last >10,000 gallons and the water purity will be very high.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Zero Water is not an installed filter. It is a pitcher type filter (with larger ones meant to sit on a shelf with a spigot). They reduce/remove total dissolved solids (the claim is that they remove 100% of those but as the filter gets older it removes less. I think they say to replace it at 25 or something based on the provided meter). People use them who are worried about lead, iron, calcium, etc.

This is the Project Farm comparison of filters although he mixes in things for other purposes like Life Straw which is for removing pathogens and inline filters so it's not totally apples to apples.

The company recommends changing at a reading of 6. I can start tasting the time for change sometime after that.

Ah okay, thank you. I had misunderstood, I thought this was referring to something installed below a faucet or possibly on a whole house system. We have used Brita in the past for drinking water at home but haven't tried Zero Water before. For backpacking I have been using the Sawyer Mini or Squeeze.
    Sawyer Mini after running out of what I came in with. LifeStraw Mission for camp. Have others for mobile camp.

Sirex