• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Tried what?

I have a 92FS and the weight (comparable to a 1911) helps reduce recoil quite a bit.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I mean it’s been tried by millions of military personnel, law enforcement and civilians since the late 80s. Just messing.

I can’t say I have much experience with a stock 92FS but if your budget allows and you have to have a Beretta, give the LTT a look and order direct from Langdon Tactical for their trigger job. The LTT from beretta comes with some of the features of their full house gun like an enhanced frame and Vertec slide so both front and rear sights are replaceable. The sights the LTT comes with are nice.

It is a very smooth shooter and recoil is pleasant. Some say it’s outdated and maybe so. It’s a big gun and DA/SA. I would go with a G-model or convert it if you buy a standard safety model regardless of which 92FS you might get.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    anyone tried this yet? supposed to have very little recoil.
    It's a fine Italian handgun, but a little old school ergonomically. A lot of people don't like having the safety on the slide (rather than on the frame). It can also feel a little chubby in the grip, if one's hands are on the smaller size. It shoots fine, and accurately. In real terms, the recoil doesn't feel meaningfully different than any non-micro-sized 9mm pistol. It's a duty/combat sized gun, not a concealed carry piece.

I've had one since the 1980's, and have put thousands of rounds through it. Still shoots like the day I bought it ... but it pretty much lives in the safe, now. I'd rather shoot my CZ 9mms at the range, and I carry the far more compact Sig P365.

If you found one in great shape at a very, very aggressive price, you wouldn't be sorry to add it to your collection. If you don't HAVE a collection, it may not be the place to start. All depends on how you intend to use it.

How DO you intend to use it?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I have some exotic handguns, some of them worth stupid money. But a Beretta 92F is what's been by my bed for over 30 years. If it was good enough to be the (then) current US sidearm, it was good enough for me. It's always been 100%.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I love the beretta for the same reason as I love the 1911, it is an iconic handgun from movies, That being said the Italian is fine gun, slide safety can be an issue if you are not used to it or do not shoot it often. I did not like the slide safety from 95B days but the Brazilian version is nice as well though slight differences were made by Taurus. Either way both are heavy girls but the plus side if they jam they can be thrown and can cause a nasty head wound....

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Proven design ( since the initial slide issue ) . Known thing . Physically large gun , both overall size and grip circumference and trigger reach .

Personally the slide mounted safety/ decoder doesn’t bother me , but don't care for how it fits my hand .

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The M9 was the handgun that made me think I couldn't shoot. I truly hate that brick of a weapon.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    anyone tried this yet? supposed to have very little recoil.
    It's an iconic gun that many, many folks own or have shot. Yes - the 92FS would have less perceived recoil compared to a smaller lighter 9mm gun. 9mm is not exactly a hard recoiling round in any gun, at least IMO. I like mine, but, don't really shoot it that often. Other guns just fit my hand better.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I quite seriously refer to it as, “the AK equivalent of handguns.”

Only seen one stopped running twice ….
    Oh I believe it. I accept that it's an excellent design. It fits my hands like a well made Italian shoe.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes - the 92FS would have less perceived recoil compared to a smaller lighter 9mm gun. 9mm is not exactly a hard recoiling round in any gun, at least IMO.

At least 9mm has moderate recoil in most any full size to somewhat compact size gun . They can be snappy in 16oz and under subcompact .

. I truly hate that brick of a weapon.

Other guns just fit my hand better.

It fits my hands like a well made Italian shoe.

You will notice a theme .

People tend to really like the fit and feel , or really dislike . Few are neutral .

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The M9 was the handgun that made me think I couldn't shoot. I truly hate that brick of a weapon.
    I think it’s the most attractive handgun ever made. I know that comment isn’t going to go over well but visually growing up it was the most iconic handgun in action movies.

That said I totally agree, I hate shooting it and am more accurate with any other pistol!

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I LOVE shooting my 92. It was the first handgun I every shot (M9, military, back around 1988 or so) so it feels right. I bought a used one from a dealer here that got a bunch of security company trade ins. It was cheap enough that I felt I could mess with the internals and bought a bunch of Wilson Combat mods. Lightened the trigger, converted to Decocker only, slimmer grips, a few other changes.

Dead ass accurate. Heavy. Big grip.

The irony regarding recoil...its' large, heavy frame absorbs a lot of the recoil, however, you need large, heavy hands to hold it securely. If yas gots tha hands, ya don't needs the big gun to handle recoil. 9mm isn't that bad even in small guns for most men and many women. The smaller and weaker aren't going to want the size and weight of the gun, so it all becomes a moot point.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I think the M9 and the Sig P320 have a very similar feel to the grip. Both fit my hand better than any other pistol I've tried. I'm talking about the Sig compact medium grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom