• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    It was good enough for John McClane...

All kidding aside, I've retired my Glock and gone back to my 92FS. I don't carry so the size and weight are not an issue for me...except when I'm shooting when that weight really does help with recoil.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I used to have an M9 (mil variant that I purchased of the 92FS) I did sell it to finance a 1911, but I have it on my ever growing list of handguns to add to my collection again, I do miss it from my USMC days. It's actually a fairly good firearm, especially when its not a worn out, beat up, over cleaned (yes you can do that) military gun. I was honestly surprised they went to a new firearm, but it seems the M17/M18 isn't that bad (its on my list too) however I wouldn't pass the M9 up. The newer ones with rails are supposed to be pretty solid as well.
    I like them all. I hate the glock, while it IS a reliable handgun used by thousands, it's ergos just dont work for me. I EDC a full sized 1911 so weight like mentioned by 28Shooter doesn't seem to apply in my head either... just how I feel about it. It's a good solid firearm with a good reputation and I would get another if money wasn't a limitation at the moment.

For the record my current "to get list"
    Springfield Prodigy
    Tisas Carry 9mm Double Stack (may opt to get instead of Prodigy)
    Sig P320 M18
    S&W M&P either 9 or 45 Compact
    Beretta M9A4
    Some Single Action Old Style Revolver (Haven't settled on that yet)
    A lever action of some sort

OP and D since MCMLXXV!

I can be an @$$HoLe! But i’m not a DoUcHeBaG!
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2019
    Harford County
    Made in Italy
    Bought new in the late 80's - early 90's in Charleston, SC when the base was still open down there.

It's a big gun size wise.....a handful.

Used to shoot it a lot - I don't ever recall a jam or misfeed.

View attachment 430931
    Late in the game collecting Berettas. Wish I started in Italian. Better late than never. My USA made Beretta M9A4 & 92X RDO. Need to find time to make ‘em go BANG!

Attachments

• IMG_8523.jpeg
      IMG_8523.jpeg
      412 KB · Views: 30
    • IMG_8526.jpeg
      IMG_8526.jpeg
      549.7 KB · Views: 30
    Last edited:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I did own a Taurus 92 FS and presentlby own ija Taurus PT 99fs (same pistol, adj sights). We all know these pistols are essentially Berretta clones in configuration and operation. I think the 92’s are some of the most pleasant shooting 9mm pistols out there.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I love the feel on the Beretta 92 series of handguns. For me, they just “fit” right. The first handgun I ever bought was an Italian made 92F. Ironically I just sold that one, as I wasn’t using it anymore, since I eventually upgraded to the Beretta M9A1 in order to get a rail-mounted weapons light on the gun.

dehos

Mar 23, 2024
    Glen Burnie
    The 92FS was my first pistol purchase that I made just recently. It felt a bit big in my hands (wrist to tip of middle finger is 7.25") but I liked the weight and overall size. My wife on the other hand cannot hold it well and isnt a fan. I would try holding it or test firing one at a range and seeing if you can operate it comfortably.
    Overall I have mixed feelings on it.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    It's a fine Italian handgun, but a little old school ergonomically. A lot of people don't like having the safety on the slide (rather than on the frame). It can also feel a little chubby in the grip, if one's hands are on the smaller size.
    Not a bad gun, but I've never understood why folks wouldn't opt for a Taurus PT-92 AR. Back in the 80s it was just as reliable as my Beretta, but not as accurate. Then in the early 2000s I got this stainless Taurus and, to my utter amazement it was every bit as accurate as my Beretta, plus it has a better safety!

So I sold my blue Beretta and am quite happy with the Taurus.

I'm really no fan of Taurus revolvers, but the PT-92 AR is a great version of the Beretta. Is it my favorite 9mm? No, that would be my S&W 659 and 5906. I also have a 3906 but would swap mine for a 639. I love the second gen models the best and think they're the best 9mm pistols on the planet.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Not a bad gun, but I've never understood why folks wouldn't opt for a Taurus PT-92 AR. Back in the 80s it was just as reliable as my Beretta, but not as accurate. Then in the early 2000s I got this stainless Taurus and, to my utter amazement it was every bit as accurate as my Beretta, plus it has a better safety!

So I sold my blue Beretta and am quite happy with the Taurus.

I'm really no fan of Taurus revolvers, but the PT-92 AR is a great version of the Beretta. Is it my favorite 9mm? No, that would be my S&W 659 and 5906. I also have a 3906 but would swap mine for a 639. I love the second gen models the best and think they're the best 9mm pistols on the planet.
    My very first handgun was a PT92. That thing is long gone but I’ve since picked up a Beretta m9 just because.

Truth be told it’s prob the worst feeling handgun in my hand that I own. It shoots fine, but it just doesn’t feel right.

Defense Initiative

Aug 2, 2023
    Maryland
    I purchased mine new on a special deal for $300.00. I have over 37,000 rounds through mine, and it shoots excellent groups. I have newer pistols, but I keep on going back to the 92FS.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    My very first handgun was a PT92. That thing is long gone but I’ve since picked up a Beretta m9 just because.

Truth be told it’s prob the worst feeling handgun in my hand that I own. It shoots fine, but it just doesn’t feel right.
    I’ve done some liposuction to my Taurus Pt 99 (adjustable sight 92). It helps a great deal. Still looking for places to reduce it further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom