• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • python

Apr 15, 2010
    Things to consider:

Do you like a 1911 style pistol?
    Are you comfortable carrying in condition one?
    Why choose .380 over 9mm when there 9mm pistols similar in size?
    How does it fit your hand?

BAW

Mar 7, 2024
    Sykesville
    Things to consider:

Do you like a 1911 style pistol?
    Are you comfortable carrying in condition one?
    Why choose .380 over 9mm when there 9mm pistols similar in size?
    How does it fit your hand?
    Have both, p238 because of reliability and size, fits perfectly

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Have both, p238 because of reliability and size, fits perfectly

You answered your own question ?

You like it , it fits you perfectly . 8 think you're implying you're OK with SA .No question of quality.

If you have the $$ , I'm not going to talk you out of it .

BAW

Mar 7, 2024
    Sykesville
    You answered your own question ?

You like it , it fits you perfectly . 8 think you're implying you're OK with SA .No question of quality.

If you have the $$ , I'm not going to talk you out of it .
    Thank you for response, am still learning, most of what i have read is positive. Mine has been very reliable and accurate, and comfortable. Was thinking of trying a Kimber 380, but have heard mixed reviews as to reliability

BAW

Mar 7, 2024
    Sykesville
    Thank you for response, am still learning, most of what i have read is positive. Mine has been very reliable and accurate, and comfortable. Was thinking of trying a Kimber 380, but have heard mixed reviews as to reliability
    Also am open to any and all input

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Was thinking of trying a Kimber 380, but have heard mixed reviews as to reliability

OK, I'll bite ..... Why ? ( Not a slam on the Kimber per se )

If you like Single Action single stack .380 of ( size & Wright of Colt Mustang) and expensive, cool ! We all have our druthers , and I'll respect yours .

But if you already have the Sig , why seek another of functionally the same thing ? If there is some minor But important detail I'm overlooking, fill me in . But on the face of it , they're filling the same niche.

Now if you had a thread on the theme of : ' Hey , I already have a P238 , what other .380 for Carry should I look at ? '

You would quickly get pages of recommendations for .380's variously combinations of smaller , lighter, higher capacity, less expensive.

Is that what you possibly wanted to ask , or a specific head to head between Sig vs Kimber ?

BAW

Mar 7, 2024
    Sykesville
    Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know, without having to buy every one to find out, been doing research, the newer stuff I can try for fit but not get actual range time. Again thanks

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Less recoil. My P365-380 is absolutely a joy to shoot. Can’t say that about a 9 in the same size.
    I'd be inclined to become proficient with the more effective cartridge than one that's "a joy to shoot," but that's me.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I'd be inclined to become proficient with the more effective cartridge than one that's "a joy to shoot," but that's me.
    “more effective cartridge”?? Tell me, what exactly are you shooting with a 9mm that a 380 couldn’t dispatch the same?

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    The real difference between .380 and 9mm is negligible.

Shot placement remains more important than caliber.

Situational AWARENESS keeps you out of threat's reach before you need to shoot.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I have a 238 and it's a great little pistol. Nicest trigger of any of the little 380 pocket guns I have tried. I would say that the tiny safety and the weight are the only downside.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Less recoil. My P365-380 is absolutely a joy to shoot. Can’t say that about a 9 in the same size.
    I'm really liking the idea of a Sig P365 in .380ACP. It might fill the bill for the Missuz's carry. I didn't know they made one.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I'm really liking the idea of a Sig P365 in .380ACP. It might fill the bill for the Missuz's carry. I didn't know they made one.
    Mine has a Wilson Combat grip with tungsten rod inserts, extended magazine baseplates, Holosun 407K... man it's so nice to shoot, and extremely accurate. I've got multiple 10 round magazines, but SIG also makes the 12 rounders. There is reports you can also use the 15 and 17 round 9mm magazines, however I have not tried it.

**You're welcome to shoot mine anytime you'd like to try it**

IMG_0812 2.jpg

21 feet, first few shots to center mass was without optic zeroed.. was making adjustments as I shot first magazine.
    IMG_0811.JPG

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Mine has a Wilson Combat grip with tungsten rod inserts, extended magazine baseplates, Holosun 407K... man it's so nice to shoot, and extremely accurate. I've got multiple 10 round magazines, but SIG also makes the 12 rounders. There is reports you can also use the 15 and 17 round 9mm magazines, however I have not tried it.

**You're welcome to shoot mine anytime you'd like to try it**

View attachment 460036

21 feet, first few shots to center mass was without optic zeroed.. was making adjustments as I shot first magazine.
    View attachment 460035
    Nice Hibs! I might have to take you up on that offer. My wife is cross-eye dominant and I think a RDS would really help her. What's your area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom