• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Mine has a Wilson Combat grip with tungsten rod inserts, extended magazine baseplates, Holosun 407K... man it's so nice to shoot, and extremely accurate. I've got multiple 10 round magazines, but SIG also makes the 12 rounders. There is reports you can also use the 15 and 17 round 9mm magazines, however I have not tried it.

**You're welcome to shoot mine anytime you'd like to try it**

View attachment 460036

21 feet, first few shots to center mass was without optic zeroed.. was making adjustments as I shot first magazine.
    View attachment 460035
    I can confirm the 15 and 17 round mags work. I used to carry a 15 as a backup mag, and moved to the 17 when that came out….

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Less recoil. My P365-380 is absolutely a joy to shoot. Can’t say that about a 9 in the same
    I'd be inclined to become proficient with the more effective cartridge than one that's "a joy to shoot," but that's me.

Both valid viewpoints . ( As well as the inherently related - If I'm going to carry a . 380 , I want it as small & light as possible, kind of like a functional replacement for what .25acp used to be used for .)

What's BAW's take on this ?

“more effective cartridge”?? Tell me, what exactly are you shooting with a 9mm that a 380 couldn’t dispatch the same?

That's a * Popular * opinion , albeit very different from my outspoken thoughts , both upwards and downwards . But I've mostly stopped trying to convince people either way .

python

Apr 15, 2010
    “more effective cartridge”?? Tell me, what exactly are you shooting with a 9mm that a 380 couldn’t dispatch the same?
    Certainly both can do the job, but in a pure ballistics comparison the 9mm is a superior cartridge. Of course you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240314_004251_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20240314_004251_Chrome.jpg
      252.4 KB · Views: 12
    • Screenshot_20240314_004224_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20240314_004224_Chrome.jpg
      262.7 KB · Views: 11
    • Screenshot_20240314_004139_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20240314_004139_Chrome.jpg
      91.8 KB · Views: 13
    • Screenshot_20240314_004407_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20240314_004407_Chrome.jpg
      93.8 KB · Views: 14

BAW

Mar 7, 2024
    Sykesville
    Thanks to everyone, appreciate the responses, for those who have the 365, have you shot a 238 and which do you feel is better

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Certainly both can do the job, but in a pure ballistics comparison the 9mm is a superior cartridge. Of course you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
    No one said 9mm isn't ballistically superior. You said "more effective", my counter argument is "more effective at what?".

Because, if we are talking micro sized concealed weapons, the 99.99% scenario that 99.8% of people will NEVER find themselves in, is they are pulling their concealed weapon and shooting a PERSON, at close range. If that is what I am doing, I am confident that 380 is getting the job done equally effective as a 9mm, for that specific intended purpose.

Shooting someone wearing soft armor at 100 yards? Penetrating a vehicle's door to get to the occupant? Shooting swamp zombies? I'm sure there is a billion fantasizes that boomers have that they tell themselves, but it's just not reality.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    No one said 9mm isn't ballistically superior. You said "more effective", my counter argument is "more effective at what?".

Because, if we are talking micro sized concealed weapons, the 99.99% scenario that 99.8% of people will NEVER find themselves in, is they are pulling their concealed weapon and shooting a PERSON, at close range. If that is what I am doing, I am confident that 380 is getting the job done equally effective as a 9mm, for that specific intended purpose.

Shooting someone wearing soft armor at 100 yards? Penetrating a vehicle's door to get to the occupant? Shooting swamp zombies? I'm sure there is a billion fantasizes that boomers have that they tell themselves, but it's just not reality.
    You're grasping at straws. Of course 380 can get the job done, so can 22lr. Your hyperbole is meaningless. I provided you with real data. The numbers are there to prove the point.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    You're grasping at straws. Of course 380 can get the job done, so can 22lr. Your hyperbole is meaningless. I provided you with real data. The numbers are there to prove the point.
    I'm grasping at straws? But now you're saying 22lr is the same as 9mm?

Sure thing boss.

I'm out.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The fall back on the old argument; which caliber is the best for self defense? The winning answer is usually the caliber you can shoot most accurately and confidently. Shot placement usually trumps caliber size.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Yes, I have one and it's my main CCW weapon.
    I have the HD (Home defense) version which is all stainless steel (just like Starship).
    It also has night sights which I need to replace.

I like the weight and feel. I bought the 7 round spare mag which has the extra length for the pinky. I usually wear it IWB at 4 o'clock. Sometimes in the summer when wearing cargo shorts it's in a pocket holster on my front right pocket.

I recommend it.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    I'm grasping at straws? But now you're saying 22lr is the same as 9mm?

Sure thing boss.

I'm out.
    That's not what was said. The point was that any caliber can get the job done, and some are just better than others. You need to give up.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    The fall back on the old argument; which caliber is the best for self defense? The winning answer is usually the caliber you can shoot most accurately and confidently. Shot placement usually trumps caliber size.
    I agree, but the caliber can be the trump card.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I keep a Sig P238 in a little cigar case. Excellent pistol that is lightweight and unobtrusive. The only downside is the condition one because on occasion the thumb safety can be bumped to the off position and because of that reason I do not normally conceal carry this pistola.

Attachments

• IMG_0921.jpg
      IMG_0921.jpg
      2.1 MB · Views: 13
    • IMG_0926.jpg
      IMG_0926.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members