• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I am trying to resist getting one since I don't need another full size pistol. I wish it were a compact. But I have held this thing, saw Hickock45 like it and know where one is to be had on the 17th.

The force is strong in this one.

You should pick one up. If you don't like it, you'll have no problems selling it quickly. :cool:

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    15 days to go and I'll be at A1 to start the next waiting period....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Shame the waiting period cannot start tomorrow and be available for pick up on the 17th. I am pulling the trigger on this sweet thang tomorrow. Just ordered a TLR2g too.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    This is equivalent to the Glock 17?
    I've had my eye on a 19 for a little while now.

Yes. Identical in size. Little wider than the 17. This is my conundrum now. Since my MK25 is my "full size"pistol.
    Maybe I'll part with my shield to alleviate some of the financial pain. Lol I hate wanting and not needing.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I looked at one. Not too big. Great feel in hand. No way I could ever get use to the paddle mag release. You must change your grip to get at it, or use your weak hand, and either way its still tough to get at. So I passed and bought a Sig P320 instead. :)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The paddle release isn't an issue for some (myself). Got used to that design with the USP45 - albeit it's a smaller size release.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    We're trying to get a few more in by the 17th and they'll be $700, though I think we still have one. They've suddenly gotten harder to get from distributors however.

thai

May 8, 2013
    This is equivalent to the Glock 17?
    I've had my eye on a 19 for a little while now.

Absolutely not! A Glock is certainly not equivalent to any HK in any Iteration! Go and take a look at one first hand. Read all you can about the VP9, if you still feel the Glock is better, that is your prerogative. But not many people will share your belief. The price point between an HK has been erased with the introduction of this pistol. Glock can come out with any new wiz bang upgrade of their pistols, but HK was the original with polymer and striker fired pistols. Glock is the manufacturer that flooded the market with cheap copies. They are the Chinese BSA optics of the pistol market.

thai

May 8, 2013
    No. I am just kidding. Glock are great pistols for the price point in which they are produced. I remember hearing from somewhere probably a few years ago that it only costs about $80 to produce a Glock. Which is how they can sell to police departments at a fraction of their MSRP price.

PHRFcrewman

Jul 20, 2014
    Hamilton, Baltimore
    Wow Thai. How do you really feel? ;)

I was mainly asking about full size vs a little more compact.
    I've never held or fired an HK. I've seen the kind of hell a Glock can go through and come out looking fine, where other high end handguns are only good for the recycling bin.

This whole thread actually has me looking into the HK. Now to find one to borrow and send a few rounds down range. :)

I'm still really new to these semi auto pistols.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom