• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    The company I work for has cut raises to less than cost of living increases and about 40 people were laid off in VA.
    They'd be fine with no pay raises if they could have kept their jobs.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Huh? Why is that?

Well, I hate him mostly because he's an anti-gun carpetbagging douche waffle. His staff isn't any better.

I'm representing my VC fund tomorrow evening in Richmond (and again on Friday in Charlottesville) at his administrations request in support of his Virginia Velocity entrepreneurship tour.

At least I get a free breakfast at Montpelier out of it :)

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Well, I hate him mostly because he's an anti-gun carpetbagging douche waffle. His staff isn't any better.

I'm representing my VC fund tomorrow evening in Richmond (and again on Friday in Charlottesville) at his administrations request in support of his Virginia Velocity entrepreneurship tour.

At least I get a free breakfast at Montpelier out of it :)
    I only meant why spend the day with him. Of course I know he is a douche.

ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    Private sector: 9 years without a raise.

Same thing my private sector brother inlaw said when I bitched about not getting a raise for 3 years back in 2008. It put things in prospective for me.

I'm happy that I get a 1% raise this year, which Montgomery County quickly took by raising property taxes again.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    And no pension, no 20 personal days off, no 10 paid holidays, no 20 years and out and no getting dug in like a tick where you can't be canned

Dafuq is a pension, personal days off, paid holidays and only 20 years working?
    These words, what do they mean? They seem like English but I've never heard of them?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I wonder why there's a Truth in Lending law for folks to get a loan, but there's nothing like that for our government? Things that make you go hmmm...

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    But, but, but... you all must be lying because Obummer, the rest of the democraps and the lame stream media keep telling us the economy is so much better since the Dufus-in-Chief was elected almost eight years ago. Shame on all of you for complaining! :rolleyes:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Private sector- Took massive pay cut to keep the doors open when the housing market collapsed.
    Government- We didn't get a raise this year.

Private sector- Health insurance cost up 400% , deductible up 500%. Add another 20% on top of that this year!
    Government- You're kidding, right???

Private sector- What is a vacation?
    Government- We only have 8 weeks!

Private sector- Sick day? Boss says you had better be in intensive care and we want at least 2 weeks notice!
    Government- Sick day? How about 15 days and you can even cash them in or use them toward early retirement.

Private sector- Lunch break? What is that?!
    Government- An hour give or take an hour.

Private sector- Restroom break. Go before you leave home in the morning before your 10-12 hour day.
    Government- Do you want the newspaper or a magazine to read?

Private sector- Retirement? Ha, ha, ha, ha! You have got to be kidding me!
    Government- Sure thing! If we can't afford to pay what we promise you, we'll just raise taxes on the private sector.

If being a government employee is so bad, why is it that no government employees are clamoring to get into the private sector?

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Private sector- Took massive pay cut to keep the doors open when the housing market collapsed.
    Government- We didn't get a raise this year.

Private sector- Health insurance cost up 400% , deductible up 500%. Add another 20% on top of that this year!
    Government- You're kidding, right???

Private sector- What is a vacation?
    Government- We only have 8 weeks!

Private sector- Sick day? Boss says you had better be in intensive care and we want at least 2 weeks notice!
    Government- Sick day? How about 15 days and you can even cash them in or use them toward early retirement.

Private sector- Lunch break? What is that?!
    Government- An hour give or take an hour.

Private sector- Restroom break. Go before you leave home in the morning before your 10-12 hour day.
    Government- Do you want the newspaper or a magazine to read?

Private sector- Retirement? Ha, ha, ha, ha! You have got to be kidding me!
    Government- Sure thing! If we can't afford to pay what we promise you, we'll just raise taxes on the private sector.

If being a government employee is so bad, why is it that no government employees are clamoring to get into the private sector?

So so so true.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yep if you can do better elsewhere, go elsewhere. the "compensation" received for working is $$$ plus a lot of other things, and everyone has to add all that up and make a decision. close to home, nice commute. good boss and co-workers. benefits, vacation, other time off and flexibility. workload/hours. bonus if any. job security. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom