• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    I wouldn't even say it was a class thing. I know plenty of respectful/hardworking people of various ethnic backgrounds in upper, middle, working, and poor economic classes. I would call it a social values/respect for society/up-bringing thing. Not sure there is a proper word for that.

Tact

G

George

We want freedom. We want power to determine the destiny of our Black Community.
    Got it. The black community decided the following about their destiny:
    a) Dads are unnecessary
    b) Achievement is bad
    c) More babies means more welfare.
    d) Drug dealers and thugs are role models.

No one decided dads were unnecessary. The government just started locking up dads for decades at a time for igniting plants. The divorce rate was higher among Whites than among Blacks prior to the advent of the War on Drugs. When the drug trade is one of the few opportunities for children in the neighborhood, drug dealer is going to be an attractive job title.
    Maybe their parents should teach them being a drug dealer is not a great job title!!!

We want full employment for our people.
    Employment requires effort. You have to learn stuff in school and look for a job

Blacks are disproportionately trapped in inefficient public schools where they don't learn a thing. And when they graduate, if they do, there aren't many jobs in their neighborhoods.
    I do not work where I live there is no jobs in my neighborhood., I go several miles from home to go to work. I own my own vehicle to provide my own transportation to and from my job.

We want an end to the robbery by the white men of our Black Community.
    Yup, the riots in Baltimore are because some white guys broke into the 'hood' and robbed it.
    Are you familiar with the phrases 'corporate welfare' or 'civil forfeiture'? There are myriad other forms of robbery.
    Sure blame it on Successful white people. Do you not realize there are successful black people as well.

We want decent housing, fit for shelter of human beings.
    Ok, but you need to act like human beings and not trash your decent housing.
    Implying the majority of black people are destroying their housing.
    If you look at the neighborhoods in the city where there is a majority of black people, those neighborhoods are pretty trashy.

We want education for our people that exposes the true nature of this decadent American society. We want education that teaches us our true history and our role in the present day society.
    No you don't. The true history is that slavery ended a long time ago but you still want to use it as an excuse. Nobody alive today was legally owned as a slave in this country.
    The truth is that after slavery ended, there was still at least another century of systematic oppression of blacks and that remnants of it and its outcomes are still with us.
    It is still with us because a majority of black people use it as an excuse.

We want an immediate end to POLICE BRUTALITY and MURDER of Black people.
    No problem. Just stop committing crimes and stop murdering each other.
    Did Freddie Gray murder anyone? Cops aren't infallible, but they are apparently beyond reproach.
    I saw you like to use numbers, well if you look at the numbers more white people are killed by police than blacks. You break the law deal with the consequences

We want freedom for all Black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.
    Almost. Everybody gets a bunch of stay out of jail free cards. If you use them up you might just still end up in prison.
    Blacks are disproportionately arrested, convicted, and incarcerated for crimes, particularly those related to drugs. Blacks make up 14 percent of those who use drugs, yet 36 percent of those arrested are Blacks and it ends up that 63 percent of those who finally end up in prison are Blacks.
    Then get away from the drug dealing and killing of each other. You are worried about the war on drugs. What about the war over drugs with each other

We want all Black people when brought to trial to be tried in court by a jury of their peer group or people from their Black Communities, as defined by the Constitution of the United States.
    Probably not going to happen, but if it did, on the flip side, you can't riot if a white guy shoots a black man and gets acquitted by an all white jury.
    Simply by numbers, this is pretty much how it works out.
    Not really but I see you are stuck in your beliefs, there are many white people in jail. You act like it is only black people being locked up.

We want land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice and peace
    You've been given the first 5. Based on the other demands, you don't want justice, you want the freedom to commit crime. Peace is up to the members of the black community. You need to stop killing each other.
    Blacks never got forty acres and a mule. Your conception of justice is a mockery.

I am white I never received 40 acres nor a mule. I worked hard and continue to have my own house and property.

I am white and I busted my ass for everything I have, I continue to bust my ass to keep what I have nothing was handed to me. My parents were poor. They didn't hand me nothing. Its called getting up off your ass and busting it to make something out of life.

Bradw410

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 11, 2012
    Easton
    We're all created equal and should all have the same shot.

We all don't end up equal but that's not color dependent and if it weren't for my previous black Muslim partner I probably would have had a 9mm round in my gut. That same "black" is now one of the most elite cops in the nation and a good friend.

Your entitled to your opinion that's true but I'm entitled to express my condolences for your views :)

Fair enough. I'm glad your partner had your 6

Bagpiperer

Mar 23, 2013
    We're all created equal and should all have the same shot.

We all don't end up equal but that's not color dependent...

Pretty much. I have no problem with the idea that everyone is equal in the eyes of God and the law - it seems a prerequisite for a just society. But it's also incontrovertibly true that people aren't equally good at everything. We're not interchangeable widgets, and that's okay.

Poor, urban, and predominantly black communities in the U.S. haven't really recovered since the middle-class exodus to the suburbs after the riots in the '60s. The subsequent replacement of traditional marriage with child support and welfare hasn't helped, and neither has the rapid dismantling and offshoring of the American manufacturing industry. Public housing and food stamps won't compensate for that. The crime and violence that disproportionately affects West Baltimore and similar neighborhoods across the country is an economic millstone which will continue to hobble opportunity until it is addressed.

Meanwhile, the people agitating for more money to be spent to rebuild in the wake of rioting and looting are expecting to be able to skim some off the top - look at how incestuous Baltimore's politics are and tell me I'm wrong. The people protesting have been told their entire lives that the system is to blame - by same the people who actually run the system which conspires to keep them members of a permanent underclass that gets paid to show up every four years and pull a lever in a voting booth.

Violent crime is down because we use drug offenses to incarcerate large numbers of criminals before they rob or shoot someone. That's most of the reason people were okay with the Drug War in the first place. Homicide convictions are tricky to obtain (and for good reason), so people argued for laws that would target the people committing the lion's share of serious crimes: drug dealers and gang members.

If we want to step back from the (admittedly horrible) situation unfolding before us, it is going to require tight-knit communities that, with one voice, tell the thugs to take a long walk off a short pier. It's going to require making them unwelcome, reporting their every misdeed to the police, and ensuring witnesses are willing to testify. It's going to require a community proficient at defending itself.

I think there's still a chance it can be done, but I'm an optimist.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Pretty much. I have no problem with the idea that everyone is equal in the eyes of God and the law - it seems a prerequisite for a just society. But it's also incontrovertibly true that people aren't equally good at everything. We're not interchangeable widgets, and that's okay.

Poor, urban, and predominantly black communities in the U.S. haven't really recovered since the middle-class exodus to the suburbs after the riots in the '60s. The subsequent replacement of traditional marriage with child support and welfare hasn't helped, and neither has the rapid dismantling and offshoring of the American manufacturing industry. Public housing and food stamps won't compensate for that. The crime and violence that disproportionately affects West Baltimore and similar neighborhoods across the country is an economic millstone which will continue to hobble opportunity until it is addressed.

Meanwhile, the people agitating for more money to be spent to rebuild in the wake of rioting and looting are expecting to be able to skim some off the top - look at how incestuous Baltimore's politics are and tell me I'm wrong. The people protesting have been told their entire lives that the system is to blame - by same the people who actually run the system which conspires to keep them members of a permanent underclass that gets paid to show up every four years and pull a lever in a voting booth.

Violent crime is down because we use drug offenses to incarcerate large numbers of criminals before they rob or shoot someone. That's most of the reason people were okay with the Drug War in the first place. Homicide convictions are tricky to obtain (and for good reason), so people argued for laws that would target the people committing the lion's share of serious crimes: drug dealers and gang members.

If we want to step back from the (admittedly horrible) situation unfolding before us, it is going to require tight-knit communities that, with one voice, tell the thugs to take a long walk off a short pier. It's going to require making them unwelcome, reporting their every misdeed to the police, and ensuring witnesses are willing to testify. It's going to require a community proficient at defending itself.

I think there's still a chance it can be done, but I'm an optimist.

op club.jpg

Feb 28, 2013
    What would your dream be? A "yours/mine" type of map? What about people of mixed races??? Everybody to their own opinion, this might have flew 150 or more years ago but no longer.

I could live in a country of no Bobo's or Sharptons ect BUT there are many MANY people of a high melanin count Id more than welcome as my neighbor and friend. Imagine a Ben Carson as your personal physician? :)

I am a separatist

BlackBart's right, partner.

I understand how you feel though. It's no more evident in my own life than with my stepchildren. As far as I'm concerned, if they wanna date interracially, than God bless. But for Pete's sake, at least bring one home that's worth a shit for once. :banghead:

In the case of the youngest, she's seeing a guy from Liberia, you know a REAL African-American, and frankly I think it is HE who can do better. :sad20:

Also, you have to bear in mind that the Alan Wests and Ben Carsons of the world think no more highly of the Michael Browns and Freddy Grays of the world than the rest of us. I for one would be proud to stand right next to Bart and cast my own vote for Alan West as a Presidential candidate, who is more of a man than the Muslim-in-Chief could ever hope to be in his wettest dreams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom