• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Haven’t we heard enough about this? Doesn’t it seem to be blown out of proportion? After all, it’s said that it’s not as serious as the flu. Don’t you think enough is enough?

Seems you need to re-read the thread. This is significantly worse than flu. There is more to disease than the death rate. 20% of people are hospitalized. That’s a lot.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    I work with UV daily for water disinfection. For air ducts, I would think their main purpose would be to prevend black mold from entering the ductwork where it could really fester.
    Understand that UV only kills what passes by it. Something in the supply ducts/downstream will not be effected by UV.

I have a UV fixture on my well, seems to do the job nicely.

I have a UV fixture on my well, seems to do the job nicely.

They are very effective when used properly. What many don't understand is they only work on what passes by them. EX- You have E. coli in your well and add a UV. The UV will prevent any new E. coli from entering your pipes, but anything already in your pipes (past the UV) will still remain. This is why bleaching the well and running chlorinated water through ALL the pipes/faucets is so important just before installing a UV.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    One lady under quarantine out west broke a tooth and they would not send in a dentist but did send in ... wait for it ... Bondo. True story.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    If you are preparing for Covid-19, I hope you aren't preparing to buy toilet paper at the Walmart in Lakewood, Colorado...

4df7a09878345ffe6209c9caa65e82b0.jpg

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    They are very effective when used properly. What many don't understand is they only work on what passes by them. EX- You have E. coli in your well and add a UV. The UV will prevent any new E. coli from entering your pipes, but anything already in your pipes (past the UV) will still remain. This is why bleaching the well and running chlorinated water through ALL the pipes/faucets is so important just before installing a UV.

We had to chlorine bomb our well twice before installing the UV light, but we were able to get clear test results from all fixtures after the second go round. Living on/around farm land it was kinda expected.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    FWIMBW, our well was chlorine bombed several times, for a host of reasons.

No big surprise when two years later, our water started being black and leaving ugly residue on our porcelain. Turns out the rubber bladder in the tank by the well failed miserably and we enjoyed a week of water from hell. Lots of scrubbing on the porcelain too.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I just returned from a birthday party for a one year old. I may be the first MDSer to die from the corona virus!

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    that's not how aids transmission works.

I said "latest version of AIDS" meaning "whatever new infectious organism is in the news at the moment," not specifically Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.

The point was, even the pros don't wash their hands enough. We can all do ourselves a favor by taking very basic precautions, none of which involve creative uses of rotgut liquor.

Although, I'm all for very simple uses of liquor. Like drinking it. :)

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I took a quick side trip to the Sam's off of Quarterfield road, hunting down another ribeye... Wasn't too concerned over the amount of cars parked outside... seemed normal. However as I walked in, there were no shopping carts available at all. I was thinking "Holyeee Cheet, It must be jammed up in there". Saw the greeter at the door and remarked about the lack of shopping carts, and she was like "Oh, we only have one guy outside, the other one walked off the job today" :sad20:

Not many registers open and the lines seemed not too long but the service sucks (always) at that particular Sam's anyway. I did amble back to the meat department and was very surprised as to all of the meats in the cold cases being cleaned out. There were a lot of people waiting at the meat cases as they stared at the butchers through the windows back there. A couple of nice cowboy tomohawk brontosaurus ribeyes were left but there was no way I was going to stand in line trying to buy them on my way out. :rolleyes:

First world problems. We are overrun with them here in the great US of A... :)

:omg:

Last edited:

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    If nothing else comes from this,all the prep and hand sanitizing,hand washing will help curb the spread of the flu which is a good thing

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    If nothing else comes from this,all the prep and hand sanitizing,hand washing will help curb the spread of the flu which is a good thing

Yeppers. There's a silver lining in each dark cloud. Or something like that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom